(Poll) Call It -- Do the Browns Trade Up?

Mind Character

(Poll) Do the Browns Trade Up?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) Do the Browns Trade Up?

• Yes, we'll trade up to the 1st round.
    • No, we'll stay put in the 2nd at 49.
    • Yes, we'll trade up in the 2nd round but not all the way into the 1st.
    • No, we'll trade down from 49.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2019 at 04:00 AM

My plan would be to draft 7 players between trading back from round two into round 3and up from round 5-6-7. 

2 two picks in the 3rd

2 picks in the 4th 

3 picks in the 5th

Acquire two safetys, a centre, a dt, a running back, corner and aston. 

This gives us depth at all positions that become fa next year outside of lt. If the picks sucks, resign our guys, if they are good, we can walk a few guys. 

And I want aston, though less disturbingly than @BleedTheClock

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I won't be surprised to see draft assets consolidated which might involve a slight move up at some point.

Mostly agree with @Kiwibrown although I wouldn't rule out trading a pick or two for a pick or two next year.

I'd love to do that. Realistically I think it would be a 4th next year for a 5th. 

• Like 1

I’d stay where we are at unless someone unexpectedly slides and it wouldn’t cost us an arm and a leg. 

We kinda still need to hit on these remaining draft picks. We can’t afford to trade up again IMO, unless it would net us an elite player. Adderley, Hockenson, or Simmons would be the only realistic considerations from me. 

• Like 1

I can see them offering Duke to move up to the top of the 2nd for a 'shoulda been drafted in the 1st' type of guy. But thats the most crazy I see them getting.

Other than that, I really dont expect much movement in the early rounds. Some consolidation with the 3 5th rounders we have will be the most likely scenario. I can see parting with one or two of them to get another 4th.

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Agree.

If Dorsey is as enamored with Simmons as we're led to believe, I would not be surprised at all if the Browns trade to the top of the 2nd for him. The Browns still have holes/depth to fill for me to feel really comfy--so I dont know if I would be on board with trading this years assets for a guy (no matter how good the value) who wont play until 2020. Reminds me of Sidney Jones.

If they trade up for anybody I hope its for Dre'mont Jones or a CB, not Simmons

Edited by AkronsWitness