2019 NFL Draft GDT

Nick

10 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

To be honest I don't think he can play MLB and SLB and is strictly a WLB at this point.

Also saw mention that his teammates were constantly having to correct him pre-snap, as he was often lining up out of position. The negative online chatter matches what you are saying as well as the faithful's claim he could be a good weakside backer: He needs the limited responsibilities to avoid being overwhelmed on the field, but has excellent quickness, has some coverage skills, and can blitz. So far, this is looking like the weakest pick in another very good draft.

1 minute ago, Yibbyl said:

Also saw mention that his teammates were constantly having to correct him pre-snap, as he was often lining up out of position. The negative online chatter matches what you are saying as well as the faithful's claim he could be a good weakside backer: He needs the limited responsibilities to avoid being overwhelmed on the field, but has excellent quickness, has some coverage skills, and can blitz. So far, this is looking like the weakest pick in another very good draft.

Any word if he can play special teams? I assume that's going to be his primary role early on. Hopefully McDermott can coach him up. He has good physical traits, but seems to lack football IQ.

12 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Any word if he can play special teams? I assume that's going to be his primary role early on. Hopefully McDermott can coach him up. He has good physical traits, but seems to lack football IQ.

He has experience playing ST his 1st year at Florida. Seems like a logical place to break into the lineup at this point.

[EDIT - His expected 40 time was supposed to fall between 4.48 - 4.68 ! Not only does that really look like an asset on ST, but he could be a nightmare (1/2 to a full step closer vs. DE's) blitzing...if McDermott would do it.]

Edited by Yibbyl

39 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

To be honest I don't think he can play MLB and SLB and is strictly a WLB at this point.

I see his ability to play all LB positions. He was versatile in Florida but I see the play recognition to be a good MLB, I see the coverage skills to be a WLB, and I see the physicality to be a SLB. His weight suggests WLB but his style of play seems very versatile.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

If we don't go DE with the final 3 picks I wonder if we start talks up again with Ansah.

I think we may bring it up again since we didn't end up with Crosby. But with Eli Harold being signed it definitely makes it so we don't need to draft to add depth to the position. We could but it's not a must.