Sign in to follow this  
NickChowaniec

2019 NFL Draft GDT

8 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Number Nerd is coming out of me again after the drafted player and Free agency. Confirmed numbers have a star *

My guesses:

Draft:
Ed Oliver 91 (said he wants this)

Getting 91 should be easy for Ed. Looks like its taken by a camp body/PS guy currently. 

I thought this was interesting. Taken directly from the nfl.com draft profile of Ed Oliver....

"If Oliver's frame is maxed out, he might possess the speed, toughness and instincts to transition into an inside linebacker role."

Has anyone ever heard of anyone in recent, or even long term, memory making the switch from DT to ILB?? Obviously he's going to be our DT but still found that interesting.

9 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

I thought this was interesting. Taken directly from the nfl.com draft profile of Ed Oliver....

"If Oliver's frame is maxed out, he might possess the speed, toughness and instincts to transition into an inside linebacker role."

Has anyone ever heard of anyone in recent, or even long term, memory making the switch from DT to ILB?? Obviously he's going to be our DT but still found that interesting.

Umm, a 287# ILB?!? LOL Even in a base 3-4, that's enormous at the OLB position, where 270# is considered massive. The ILB's are usually much lighter and faster to fill gaps quick and make tackles. First, Oliver would realistically have to drop 25# and we already have a blistering fast playcaller back there anyway who made good progress as a rookie. Wonder who wrote that and what in the heck they were thinking! Nah, we want that speed at the DT position to get in the face of QB's immediately after the snap. Hoping to see Oliver terrorizing Brady this year!

12 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Lorenzo Alexander was a dlineman then lost a ton of weight and ended up getting to be with the bills at SLB which has worked out in his favor but in no way do i see Oliver switching to that. I can see him playing DE at times if they want to go big on the line but outside of that I do not expect him to move from the 3 tech DT position

Some confirmed numbers thanks to social media. 

Jon Feliciano 76
Jake Fisher 84
Duke Williams 82 
EJ Gaines 26
Siran Neal changed to 33
LaAdrian Waddle 74
Spencer Long 61
Mitch Morse 60
Ty Nsehke 77
Quinton Spain 67
Vosean Joseph 50
Eli Harold 59