2019 NFL Draft GDT

Nick

28 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

How much does Clowney cost now that we’ve seen what Frank Clark was traded for?

i dont think it would cost to much, he has an injury history. pick 29 that the chiefs gave up for clark is essentially equivalent to swapping picks with the texans, whether they want to do that or not is up to them. I would also say that you give a 2nd rd pick in 2020 for him. Anything more then that im good with just waiting. I dont mind the money aspect of it and expect him to get 100 mil, well worth it if he can perform as a top tier rusher and make an impact that puts the bills over the top. They have a ton of cap space moving forward and could be a nice addition to the bills squad.

So smoke is growing about the redskins interest of haskins and they are being linked to trade with the jets at 3 as Raiders are rumored to be interested as well. It can all be a smoke screen but if some how murray ends up going pick 1 or 4, haskins at 3, and giants love Jones enough to take him at 6 the bills may have an actual shot at oliver, quinnen williams or josh allen, the later 2 we would need to move up a bit but still an opportunity.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

So smoke is growing about the redskins interest of haskins and they are being linked to trade with the jets at 3 as Raiders are rumored to be interested as well. It can all be a smoke screen but if some how murray ends up going pick 1 or 4, haskins at 3, and giants love Jones enough to take him at 6 the bills may have an actual shot at oliver, quinnen williams or josh allen, the later 2 we would need to move up a bit but still an opportunity.

I think Oliver is long gone unless we trade up. For some reason he's been gaining steam in the past week (in the sense of... he should have been thought of this highly all along).

Going with your theory based on the rumors, here's how I'd see things going...

1. Murray
  2. Bosa / Q. Williams
  3. (Trade - WAS) Haskins
  4. Bosa / Q. Williams / Oliver
  5. Q. Williams / Oliver / D. White
  6. D. Jones (D. White could still go here instead of Jones... who else really loves him? Could they wait until 17?)
  7. Allen / Taylor / Hock / Jonah
  8. Allen / Hock / Burns / Sweat

I think Devin White has a good chance of falling if he makes it past Tampa at 5. Could be a consideration for our pick at 9, which I know you'd like. 

This draft is going to be so entertaining. That said, every pick has 3-4 potential players and there's always trade ups and a shocking pick or two as well.

Someone has to fall that we won't expect... maybe we can capitalize on it. 

Edited by NickChowaniec
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I think Oliver is long gone unless we trade up. For some reason he's been gaining steam in the past week (in the sense of... he should have been thought of this highly all along).

Going with your theory based on the rumors, here's how I'd see things going...

1. Murray
  2. Bosa / Q. Williams
  3. (Trade - WAS) Haskins
  4. Bosa / Q. Williams / Oliver
  5. Q. Williams / Oliver / D. White
  6. D. Jones (D. White could still go here instead of Jones... who else really loves him? Could they wait until 17?)
  7. Allen / Taylor / Hock / Jonah
  8. Allen / Hock / Burns / Sweat

I think Devin White has a good chance of falling if he makes it past Tampa at 5. Could be a consideration for our pick at 9, which I know you'd like. 

This draft is going to be so entertaining. That said, every pick has 3-4 potential players and there's always trade ups and a shocking pick or two as well.

Someone has to fall that we won't expect... maybe we can capitalize on it. 

The thought was if the hype is real on the QBs, 1. Quinnen, 2. Bosa, 3. Haskins, 4. Murray, 5. White, 6. Jones, are taken in the top 6. At 7. Oliver/Gary/hock/taylor (Jags essentially have the same wants and needs we are looking at so its hard to figure them out)8. Allen/Oliver/Gary. At pick 7-8 teams that are still interested in qbs could look to move up ahead of denver to land Lock: Bengals, or Dolphins. Other options are teams like Carolina, Houston, and Atlanta looking to land a top Olineman as well. I think the only way to land Oliver is if 3 qbs go in the top 8. If the 3 qbs dont get drafted then I do not see Oliver falling to the bills. If White some how falls im all for taking him at 9 but i do not see the Bucs pass on him unless Williams or Oliver is the answer and to move on from mccoy. Take white at 9 and trade a 5th and 7th for McCoy would be a huge get for the bills.

The thought of Cardinals down playing Murray makes zero sense so  I do not see why they wouldnt come out and say we are taking Murray. They have veteran camp this week from tues-thurs if they were going Murray at 1, why would they want Rosen out there practicing risking a weird injury like a non contact acl or something to that extent if you are planning on moving him? Also why would you not say we are taking Murray and open to trading Rosen for the right price in hopes of getting a bidding war going? The top teams who need QBs are saying they have yet to hear from Arizona, so they arent even reaching out to them to let them know he is available. I truly think the Cardinals have no clue who they are taken at 1 and its likely going to be a dlineman over Murray at this point.

Edited by soflbillsfan

12 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Washington trading up for Haskins would be great. Makes Giants look hard at Jones or Lock

Giants are said to be high on Jones and would take him at 6 if they are going to go Qb in the 1st round. Interesting enough one of the sources close to a scout who was let go with Oakland is saying they let them go before the draft because gruden/mayock like and want haskins at 4 and the scouts were recommending a defensive player. So if this is true haskins wont make it to 6 even if washington doesnt move up

I have a feeling that Gruden is going to mess with everyone and end up going Jonah Williams at 4. It isnt a bad pick as they can beef up that oline some more for carr but its an unexpected pick that no one really thought would happen that early. Causing another player to drop in the draft.

"Ed Oliver of TJ Hockenson for pick 9, but if none of them is available I really would love  to trade down to the late 10's and try to get a 2nd round pick as compensation so.

We could then draft who's left of the Sweat/Wilkins/Dillard/Taylor/Burns group with our pick in the first round. And dreamscenario would then be swapping our two second round picks into a early 20's first round pick with Metcalf still on the board so we can have him with our 2nd pick."

Said this yesterday, but honestly atm I would really love to trade down and then trade up again so we have 2 first round picks. TJ Hockenson is a beast but TE's Always need time and I just like Metcalf very much. But not as our first pick. 

Mortenson reporting that the Texans will be looking to move up. This was followed by other sources earlier this week that they want to get in to the top of the draft. He also said that Clowney will likely be moved for the right price as they do not see him wanting to sign long term. My guess is they low balled him and after Lawrence and Clark got paid that is what he will be seeking. Gaines use to be with the bills and beane before taking his job in Houston. The connections are there may be a private conversation happened where Beane said if our pick (thinking Oliver) is not there at 9 and your player you want is lets swap 1st round picks and give the bills clowney in the process. I would be all for this move and then guys like Fant, Metcalf, brown, etc still there to get a piece on both sides of the ball in round one.

Drafttek trade chart has bills pick at 1350 and texans pick is 760 a difference of 590, chiefs gave up pick 29 which is 640 points so it seems reasonable in a deal without giving up a pick for clowney.

Edited by soflbillsfan

Media saying Cardinals have entered in their pick for tonight. NFL has told NFL Network and ESPN not to release it. Someone will eventually leak it. Ian Rappaport has hinted that Quinnen Williams has been notified that he is still in the running for #1 pick. From what the media is hinting at is Williams is likely the pick at 1 without breaking it to everyone.