Reassessing the RB Draft at the 11th Hour

AZBearsFan

10 minutes ago, soulman said:

I don't assume that's not fixable.  Shaheen was a very good receiver in college albeit in a lower level division.

Given where he started out and missing a year or nearly a year with a serious injury I'm not sure we can call it just yet.

But I agree we do need another TE who can threaten in the passing game.

That is really all I am saying. 

Teams in the Bears position cannot rely on unreliable players. They need to fortify areas of weakness so that they have options when guys are injured or fail.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Teams in the Bears position cannot rely on unreliable players. They need to fortify areas of weakness so that they have options when guys are injured or fail.

Nagy thought highly of Shaheen before injury and was featuring him in the offense in practice and particularly in Denver co-practices.  He was hiding him in preseason.  He didn't do that because Shaheen wasn't performing in practice.  

Shaheen simply didn't come back same guy in winter of 2018 as he was in summer.  Doesn't mean we can't get 2018 summer Shaheen back in 2019.  

• Like 1

I'm starting to get the sense that we may never see Adam Shaheen's true potential because he has not been able to stay healthy and on the field, and that is a big thing when it comes to the development of young draft picks.

2019 is a big year for him because Bears will probably draft/sign another TE to compete with him opposite Burton.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Nagy thought highly of Shaheen before injury and was featuring him in the offense in practice and particularly in Denver co-practices.  He was hiding him in preseason.  He didn't do that because Shaheen wasn't performing in practice.  

Shaheen simply didn't come back same guy in winter of 2018 as he was in summer.  Doesn't mean we can't get 2018 summer Shaheen back in 2019.  

Pre-season superstar.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

In Pace we trust.....until we can't.

We didn't add much in FA so we're gonna have a lot of rookie talent coming in via the draft and UDFA and as I posted before we have 11 guys contributing now who were drafted in round 3 or after or were UDFA.  That's half the starting team.

So much Shaheen negativity and so little patience.  Let's see how it goes this year.

I'm getting this feeling that many are gripped by this fear we won't be strong enough or deep enough to compete for a championship.  Maybe yes or maybe no but this team is one hell of a lot better than it was and one way or another I expect we'll be in the hunt because I don't see us getting worse.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, soulman said:

So much Shaheen negativity and so little patience.  Let's see how it goes this year.

I'm getting this feeling that many are gripped by this fear we won't be strong enough or deep enough to compete for a championship.  Maybe yes or maybe no but this team is one hell of a lot better than it was and one way or another I expect we'll be in the hunt because I don't see us getting worse.

2 years is a long time in the NFL.

All that matters now is if they are deep enough and talented enough on offense to win a Championship. Being better was a 2018 celebration.

37 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

All that matters now is if they are deep enough and talented enough on offense to win a Championship. Being better was a 2018 celebration.

2017 was rookie year coming from small school on an awful team with bad coaches.  2018 he got hurt before the season started and came back late in the year.  Nothing has really happened yet for him.  

Jadeveon Clowney was no. 1 overall pick and was supposed to be a legend and basically was hurt or stunk for most of his first 3 years.  He had a handful of good games in his 3rd year.

He was good in 4th and 5th year and now is highly coveted again.  

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Oh for cripes sake Windy we know Fox seldom used him and he missed 10 games in 2018.  He's only had 11 starts in two years. If you think that's enough for a fair evaluation especially when last season he was still recovering from his ankle injury when he returned I'm glad I'm not playing or working for you.  Your trigger finger is waaaaaay too itchy for me.

Besides he's not going anywhere and all this Championship stuff is only a set up for a let down.  Let's get through the first round of our playoffs and into an NFC title game first then talk about a Super Bowl win.  We had a great season in 2018 mostly because of our ability to stay healthy and our defensive scoring. Now let's see if the offense can catch up then talk Super Bowl.

• Like 1

And now.....back on topic; 11th Hour RB Reassessment, or maybe it's quarter to 12:00 by now, whatever. :D

Reading the Trib this AM and Biggs sees Montgomery as a possibility at #87 and Wiederer is looking at Henderson at #87 or Hill at #126.  Campbell seems to favor Armstead on Day 3 if Montgomery, Harris, and Henderson are gone at #87.

Hill at #126 I can see since he's really more of a specialty back but does anyone else feel any of the other three would fall as far as #87.

22 minutes ago, soulman said:

And now.....back on topic; 11th Hour RB Reassessment, or maybe it's quarter to 12:00 by now, whatever. :D

Reading the Trib this AM and Biggs sees Montgomery as a possibility at #87 and Wiederer is looking at Henderson at #87 or Hill at #126.  Campbell seems to favor Armstead on Day 3 if Montgomery, Harris, and Henderson are gone at #87.

Hill at #126 I can see since he's really more of a specialty back but does anyone else feel any of the other three would fall as far as #87.

Yes.  But it’s fine if they are all gone. 

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, soulman said:

Oh for cripes sake Windy we know Fox seldom used him and he missed 10 games in 2018.  He's only had 11 starts in two years. If you think that's enough for a fair evaluation especially when last season he was still recovering from his ankle injury when he returned I'm glad I'm not playing or working for you.  Your trigger finger is waaaaaay too itchy for me.

Besides he's not going anywhere and all this Championship stuff is only a set up for a let down.  Let's get through the first round of our playoffs and into an NFC title game first then talk about a Super Bowl win.  We had a great season in 2018 mostly because of our ability to stay healthy and our defensive scoring. Now let's see if the offense can catch up then talk Super Bowl.

Do not fear success.

The goal for this team is a deep playoff run.

To accomplish that they need to get past the 1st round of the playoffs. A large reason they did not get out of the 1st round was that the offense scored 15 points. A large reason that the offense scored 15 points was that Burton was hurt, Shaheen demanded no respect, and Cohen was doubled out of the game.

If you do no think last years team could have won the Super Bowl you are crazy. Make that kick, beat up Goff, and then see what happens.

• Like 1