RB Jonathan Stewart retires

RaidersAreOne

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

A player with a notable career retiring is NFL News, even if he was currently unsigned.

I was not very serious.  It is the equivalent to an 80th birthday blurb in the local Sunday paper when players sign one day contracts. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I gotcha. But Stewart isn't really a nobody - he holds the record for most rushing yards in Panthers history, for one thing.

Don Rickman holds the local record for largest walleye ever caught in Mandan, North Dakota and he turns 80 years old today. 

• Like 4

I really feel like he could have been an MJD-level back if given the chance, he was that good in his first 4 years when on the field.  His balance, especially for someone with his power, was unbelievable.  Unfortunately he had to split-time (albeit with DeAngelo, another great underutilized back for a period of time) and by the time he was given the chance to be the man, injuries had robbed him of a lot of his explosiveness.  Very good career regardless though, and he was always a great dude while he was here.

Probably my favorite ever regular season game from the Panthers is partially because of him

stewartstiffarm.gif

I don't think I've ever seen 2 RBs have a better game together.  DeAngelo had 19 carries, 186 yards (9.7 YPC!!), and 2 TDs.  Stewart had 15 carries, 115 yards, and 2 TDs.  And it wasn't like it was they just had 2 super long runs inflating it, the longest between them was 41.  They just shredded every drive, it was crazy.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Don Rickman holds the local record for largest walleye ever caught in Mandan, North Dakota and he turns 80 years old today. 

Woah! Happy birthday, Don! I'll never forget that largest walleye!

Image result for Wally from Ozzie and Harriet

Edited by bzane