RB Jonathan Stewart retires

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

I thought this dude was going to be one of the best backs of this century coming out. Whoops. Still a solid career but nothing like I was pimping him out to be.

I was comparing him to Adrian Peterson when Stewart was coming out of Oregon. 

I guess he had moments, but he was largely forgettable - never really a top guy, and probably at the bottom end of the average guys. Couldn't stay healthy, either.

Oh well...

16 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Asking the real questions.

Unfortunately without a ring I don't see him getting in like Terrell Davis did. He should still be in the Panthers HOF.

I feel like he was definitely more valuable than his one 1000 yard season shows but doesn’t belong in anything other than the hall of pretty good

Dude ran with a mean streak. Always falling forward and shrugging off defenders. Also had some mean stiff arms in his day. Dude basically never practiced on account of always being injured but he showed up on Sundays and did some great work. Too bad he never got a chance to be a workhorse because he could have put up some massive numbers. Wish he got more involved in the screen game. For whatever reason we only had him catch passes in 2011. Glad he came back to sign the one day deal with us. Great Panther.

Anyway, hope he enjoys the rest of his life chilling with all that money. Seems like a good dude.