Draft Lead-up Question 5 - Who Don't You Want NFC North to Take

The Gnat

Other than one of the top DL like Q or Oliver, I just don't want the Lions to take any OL.  To be honest, it is more about taking players that could affect our draft than them getting better.

For the Packers, I think OL maybe helps them most in the short term and hurts us more.  I see their window with Rodgers closing quickly in the next couple years, so I would like to see them taking players who won't help as much in that time frame.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Bears: Don't know much about the second round players

Don't have to, they don't have a second round pick either.  Lol. 

Packers: Ed Oliver, Jonah Williams, TJ Hockenson, Noah Fant or Garrett Bradbury

If the Packers draft Hockenson or Fant 12th overall, you should be celebrating because I'll be puking.  Also if they draft an IOL, same thing. 

And yeah, Ed Oliver is the one guy I want the Packers to draft 12th overall that's remotely realistic. 

As far as my perspective on who I don't want the Vikings to get, I don't want you to draft a DL/EDGE/OT/DB. 

Hoping you guys draft ILB/IOL/TE/WR.  I'm a big believer in premium positions/non premium positions and their value in the first round. 

Well @Outpost31, you can safely be assured that they aren't going to be taking any ILB or WR in the 1st round...and TE is only the fallback option if there aren't any IOL or DTs worthy of the spot.  

I'd actually probably be fine with the Packers taking Hockenson, because Rodgers wouldn't use him anyway.  Put him on the Lions, he's far more dangerous.

I don't want to see Ed Oliver on any of them, though.    

• Like 1

Just now, swede700 said:

I'd actually probably be fine with the Packers taking Hockenson, because Rodgers wouldn't use him anyway. 

Could you tell Packer fans this?  I have literally shown visual evidence of Rodgers flat out and blatantly ignoring wide open Jimmy Graham hundreds of times and they think it's some sort of trick photography.  There was one play where Jimmy Graham literally got away with offensive pass interference and had LITERALLY (and literally the literal definition of literally here) 4 yards of separation with Aaron Rodgers looking RIGHT AT HIM only for Rodgers to eff up the play, scramble and throw an incompletion because he's a moron. 

That's why Hockenson is who every Bears, Lions and/or Vikings fans should be hoping the Packers draft a tight end in one. 

I tried to show how little Finley was used and they ignored that, too, by saying Finley was a terrible route runner.  It's like... Who gives an eff?  If the TE is 5 yards open, throw him the ball.

Jermichael Finley literally had Hall of Fame potential if he'd been targeted properly.  He was just as physically dominant in the receiving game as Gronkowski, Kelce or anybody. 

Richard Rodgers in his best season was 3 receptions (only three receptions) behind Finley's best season.  Rodgers was really smart, but the physical equivalent of Bubba Franks.  So Rodgers would rather have the least imposing person ever.  It's why Nelson was still effective his last year with Rodgers and fell off the face of the Earth once Rodgers got hurt. 

End of rant. 

• Like 1