6 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

I loved playing...

Ghost Recon Wildlands

Far Cry 4 and 5

Sniper Ghost Warrior

Wasn't a fan of...

Red Dead Redemption 2

Watchdogs 2

Will I enjoy Days Gone?  Any other games you could recommend?

Just Cause series, Assassin's creed (Which one is up to you, but I'd say Origins) 

7 days to die. 

On 4/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, DingoLadd said:

Just Cause series, Assassin's creed (Which one is up to you, but I'd say Origins) 

7 days to die. 

But not the last Just Cause. I got that opening day, ran through it and traded it in as fast as possible.

Just Cause 2 and 3 though are fantastic.

• Like 1

I've been watching some people on Twitch play Days Gone and I like it. There are definitely some bugs and they seem to be patching at a good pace. I'm very leery of day 1 purchases for this reason. Only game I've done that for was Horizon Zero Dawn and will do it again if I can. I'll wait for Bend to fix a lot of crap, wait for the price to drop, then snag it at that time if I'm not immersed in something else. Doesn't look like it'll be my favorite game of all time but I'm sure I'll still have fun playing it.

22 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

One of my favorite games, ever. I cannot see how they won't give us a sequel.

One of the VA's for it mentioned a sequel was in development at Star Wars celebration.

But I wouldn't expect that until the PS5 launches and even then probably not for like 1-3 years given the dev team just moved into a new office. 

• Like 1

Just got done watching a handful more people review it and they said the first 6-8 hours were very meh but afterwards, it really started picking up and they're going to definitely finish it. These are a lot of those Twitch guys. Just for those that are interested in "professional" opinions.

4 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Just got done watching a handful more people review it and they said the first 6-8 hours were very meh but afterwards, it really started picking up and they're going to definitely finish it. These are a lot of those Twitch guys. Just for those that are interested in "professional" opinions.

Picked it up myself and got about 10 in it so far. It's no GOW, Spiderman, or HZD but it's a good game, probably wait for a sale/ when all the DLC is out if you're skeptical (free DLC if I remember correctly) 

I love the bike and how it feels but the gun system needed another few tweaks, they just aim wrong. Maybe it's because I'm used to P.C aiming but this still feels jank. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably out of touch with what most people want out of a video game, but I really enjoy Days Gone.  I've been told the game doesn't really take off until 8 hours in or so, but I'm probably 4 hours of actual gameplay in and I really, really, really like it. 

I guess some people might have an issue with how it's not really inventive or creative, but I don't think it has to be.  It's about surviving in a zombie apocalypse and it makes the zombies a legit threat.  No abundance of ammo, the zombies are fast enough to be threatening, and you actually have to think twice about running or standing and fighting.  One zombie is easy, two zombies you could probably survive, but three or more and you're probably going to die (hard difficulty).  The tasks are also challenging at times when you have to evade large groups of zombies in order to complete a task. 

I think there's a fine balance of available ammo.  Not too much, not too little, just enough to have to think about whether or not you should use it. 

The combat system against humans is a little simple, but I don't mind that. 

I feel like if somebody likes Far Cry or other semi-RPG open world games, they'd enjoy this one.  It's probably the best (or at least most realistic zombie game there's ever been. 

I am satisfied with my purchase. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm probably out of touch with what most people want out of a video game, but I really enjoy Days Gone.  I've been told the game doesn't really take off until 8 hours in or so, but I'm probably 4 hours of actual gameplay in and I really, really, really like it. 

I guess some people might have an issue with how it's not really inventive or creative, but I don't think it has to be.  It's about surviving in a zombie apocalypse and it makes the zombies a legit threat.  No abundance of ammo, the zombies are fast enough to be threatening, and you actually have to think twice about running or standing and fighting.  One zombie is easy, two zombies you could probably survive, but three or more and you're probably going to die (hard difficulty).  The tasks are also challenging at times when you have to evade large groups of zombies in order to complete a task. 

I think there's a fine balance of available ammo.  Not too much, not too little, just enough to have to think about whether or not you should use it. 

I feel like if somebody likes Far Cry or other semi-RPG open world games, they'd enjoy this one.  It's probably the best (or at least most realistic zombie game there's ever been. 

I ran through God of War before trying this, and I think I just need a break before I get too deep in, but I am hoping I enjoy it like you do. 

Completionist times on HLTB only have this at 50 hours. I understand it's still an infant in that respect but I anticipated this would be much longer. Regardless, I like it. This seems to be the sweet spot for me or else it turns into FO4 where I spent hundreds of hours or tW3 where I spent 125 and it started feeling redundant and more of a chore but since I invested so much damn time, I couldn't put it down lol. I do like this 50 hours though. That's what they're saying about Dying Light and I'm enjoying the blank out of it right now. 

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If I recall, you just got back into gaming after not having played for several years right? 

Thats probably where the disconnect is.. the zombie genre has been beat to death over the past decade. I just dont have any desire to play any more zombie games.

• 4 years later...

I'm just bringing this back up for those who read the negative reviews and passed on this game.  It did have it's share of bugs when it first came out, but I have to say that today, for only $20, this game is incredible.  I don't know what it is about it, but I just keep coming back to Days Gone.  I am not exaggerating when I say that I have probably played through it between 15-20 times.  It is my favorite game of all time. 

• Like 4