Robbie Gould request trade

49erurtaza

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

If I am Lynch, I keep the tag on him and play chicken all season 

Honestly, we need some damn picks this year so try to get a 3rd or 4th for him.

I don't even know the best available kicker, but there are some free from the AAF league, let's go grab the best one of the bunch lol.

I see no reason to play hardball with him or make him sit out the season. Dude lives in Chicago, wants to play there and be close to his family. He's 36, not a big deal. Go out, sign Bryant, let Gould have his wish. It can build up some equity with other players showing that we aren't pricks. Especially if you're able to trade him and get a late round pick or something for him. Who cares? There's really no reason whatsoever to play hardball here. Try to convince him to stay, but otherwise, just let it go. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, N4L said:

If I am Lynch, I keep the tag on him and play chicken all season 

I'd add a caveat to that.  Tell him to get Chicago to pony up a 4th round pick and it's a done deal.  It's not so much about screwing Robbie over, he'd get to go where he wants (Chicago), but it's using the leverage that you've got, and working to reclaim it after Gould tried to kneecap it away from you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'd add a caveat to that.  Tell him to get Chicago to pony up a 4th round pick and it's a done deal.  It's not so much about screwing Robbie over, he'd get to go where he wants (Chicago), but it's using the leverage that you've got, and working to reclaim it after Gould tried to kneecap it away from you.

That's my thinking here. Go get a 4th rounder from him in a draft where we lack picks and let him go where he wants to go. 

I'm actually not upset at Gould here. He's a guy that loves one city dearly and has his family still living there and wants to end his career there. And what do you know, Chicago has a big void at his position so it is what it is. 

I like the idea of signing Bryant and going from there. 

• Like 5

I mentioned trading Gould to bears fans in the news forum when we tagged him and they said there was a 0% chance that they make that trade. They are strapped for both cash and draft picks. 

Seems unlikely to be honest. 

I think we are better off having him play on the tag. The guy is a pro and I don't think this will effect his play on the field. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I mentioned trading Gould to bears fans in the news forum when we tagged him and they said there was a 0% chance that they make that trade. They are strapped for both cash and draft picks. 

Seems unlikely to be honest. 

I think we are better off having him play on the tag. The guy is a pro and I don't think this will effect his play on the field. 

Until he kicks one backwards into the stands and gives us the earl thomas salute

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Until he kicks one backwards into the stands and gives us the earl thomas salute

Then we fine him multiple game checks/suspend him.

Keep in mind, the franchise tag is paid out in weekly game checks. Its not a roster bonus, signing bonus or anything else like that. You get 1/17th of the franchise tag amount during the 17 weeks of the season. If he does decide to be unprofessional (unlikely) then you just suspend him and he forfeits like 300k per game. He would be stupid to do that in this scenario because he would be no closer to getting what he wants, AND would lose money

I think Leveon's situation proved how little leverage players have in this situation, and he was the best RB in the league (or top 3 no doubt), not a kicker. 

Still, I have confidence in Gould being a professional and doing his job. If he wants to sit out, fine, sit out, but I am not going to give him to Chicago for free

• Like 2