Chiefs trade for Seahawks Frank Clark

49erurtaza

Happy to have Clark out of the division. He is going to be an amazing player for the chiefs. I think they will be happy for him. 

Surprised they gave up next years second, but this isn't such a bad deal to be honest as long as Clark continues his current trajectory. 

He is one of the best young pass rushers in the game. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well the 2020 2nd rounder is KC's, no?  That's potentially a big diff in position.

But yeah, curious decision.  I love Clark, but that's a HUGE diff in price, and no cap difference.

I mean if SF and KC both make the playoffs, then the value won't be that much different. Just seems like this is steep price, but maybe they just value Clark that much more for this scheme. 

• Like 1

I feel we paid too much but on the other hand we do have a beast to pair with CJ95 and we still have both our 2's this year. Dee Ford was a bad fit for the 4-3. He played last year at 6'2" and 233lbs and couldn't play the run to save his rear end so I don't agree with the takes that we should've just kept him. Hurts giving away that 1st but we would've needed a lot to happen for us to nab a good pick at 29 and would've required probably ditching one of our 2s to move up anyway. Again, I feel, we paid too much BUT we needed somebody to rush the passer outside of CJ95. Now our line is Okafor, Nadi, CJ, Clark. Not too shabby really imo.

Edited by Chiefs_5627

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean if SF and KC both make the playoffs, then the value won't be that much different. Just seems like this is steep price, but maybe they just value Clark that much more for this scheme. 

Yeah, that's fair.  It could still end up being a 10+ pick difference in favor of KC.  But either way, it's still a curious decision.

Don't get me wrong, in a vacuum, I much prefer Clark to Ford as a player, especially in a 4-3.  But they aren't even close to similar in acquisition price.  The salaries likely cancel each other out.  Really curious thinking on KC's part, unless they are more worried about Ford's injury risk long-term (definitely a better fit...just a lot of cheddar pick-wise to upgrade).

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Eh, I’ll take the known commodity over the potential commodity. 1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Clark goes higher than the 29th pick in this draft if he’s there.

also retaining both seconds this year is huge.

So we’re going to have to pay him big when we still have to pay Jones, Hill, and Mahomes to big deals in the near future. 

Fans talk crap on Dorsey’s cap management aren’t seeing that Veach is doing the same or worse. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

I feel we paid too much but on the other hand we do have a beast to pair with CJ95 and we still have bother our 2's this year. Dee Ford was a bad fit for the 4-3. He played last year at 6'2" and 233lbs and couldn't play the run to save his rear end so I don't agree with the takes that we should've just kept him. Hurts giving away that 1st but we would've needed a lot to happen for us to nab a good pick at 29 and would've required probably ditching one of our 2s to move up anyway. Again, I feel, we paid too much BUT we needed somebody to rush the passer outside of CJ95. Now our line is Okafor, Nadi, CJ, Clark. Not too shabby really I'm.

No doubt....you guys paid a little to much.

But by no means it won't help your SB chances

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

So we’re going to have to pay him big when we still have to pay Jones, Hill, and Mahomes to big deals in the near future. 

Fans talk crap on Dorsey’s cap management aren’t seeing that Veach is doing the same or worse. 

On the one hand, getting Mahomes gives you that 3-year window to go for it with a lot more cap leverage, so going for it makes sense.  

On the other hand, once Mahomes needs an extension, cap hell will once again become a reality.  Jones and Hill are just icing on the cake at that point.    

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Why didn't they just keep Ford then? They are going to have to pay Clark as well.

IIRC, when he was drafted, he was seen as a 3-4 EDGE fit.   As KC is moving to a 4-3, he wasn't going to hold up as well at DE.  

Still, that's a huge price to upgrade, but at least there's some reasoning here.  It's just the price paid is very much above-market for the net effect IMO.

Edited by Broncofan