Frank Clark to Chiefs

Chiefs_5627

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

Gave up a lot sure (even too much) but who else could we have gotten at 29 that'll make an impact like Clark will?

We basically swapped Ford, a 1st for Clark. Clark is also more expensive than Ford. He might be the slightly better player, but it's not that big of gap.

Just for the record, before this year, Clark almost exclusively played as a pass rusher. So whoever wanted to get rid of Ford because of his run defense, well Clark isn't that great in that aspect either.

Just now, Mizter_Clean10 said:

And there’s just as good a chance they all bust, that there is any of them hit.

Same chance Clark has of busting now that he's been paid I'd say.  I hope it works out for you since I got no beef with the Chiefs, but I think it was a bad move. 

10 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

We basically swapped Ford, a 1st for Clark. Clark is also more expensive than Ford. He might be the slightly better player, but it's not that big of gap.

Just for the record, before this year, Clark almost exclusively played as a pass rusher. So whoever wanted to get rid of Ford because of his run defense, well Clark isn't that great in that aspect either.

Clark is a very good run defender. Ford ran by more running backs than he stopped. 

Edited by Chiefs_5627

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Hopefully you're right because like I said, I'm rooting for you. 

I appreciate that.

At first I was in "oh crap" mode but now that I've had some time to break it down I feel like it's a move that will better the Defense at the end of the day.

8 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Clark is a very good run defender. Ford ran by more running backs than he stopped. 

Again, for 3 years, he didn't play run defense at all. He did this year, and was pretty good at it apparently. But let's not act like Ford was a bad run defender this year either.

Wow. I would lie if i tell you that i like this trade. Clark is a great player. There is no doubt about that and he will improve our Defense for sure, but the contract he gets is to much. I think that can only mean, that we're going to lose either Jones or Hill and with the news of Hill it seems to me that he is gone before or after this season, which is really sad because he is such a game changer on offense. And if we keep Hill and lose Jones due to signing Clark that would be horrendous decision. I guess we're going to have some huge cap problems in the near future. Let's be honest here. After this move the upcoming season will be SB or bust.

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Again, for 3 years, he didn't play run defense at all. He did this year, and was pretty good at it apparently. But let's not act like Ford was a bad run defender this year either.

Like I said to the other guy we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. Ford finally put it all together for one year and still wasn't very good run defender. I just can't see how anyone thinks there isn't an solid upgrade between Clark from Ford, ESPECIALLY with the switch to a 4-3 that Ford wouldn't have even had a spot in the organizations eyes.

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Like I said to the other guy we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. Ford finally put it all together for one year and still wasn't very good run defender. I just can't see how anyone thinks there isn't an solid upgrade between Clark from Ford, ESPECIALLY with the switch to a 4-3 that Ford wouldn't have even had a spot in the organizations eyes.

Don't get me wrong, if I had to pick between Clark and Ford, I'd pick Clark.

But, if the goal is to go all in now (which is an option), I'd rather sign Ford for less money and maybe spend more somewhere else, while keeping our 1st rounder and draft a corner / an interior OL / a RB depending on who's there

5 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Don't get me wrong, if I had to pick between Clark and Ford, I'd pick Clark.

But, if the goal is to go all in now (which is an option), I'd rather sign Ford for less money and maybe spend more somewhere else, while keeping our 1st rounder and draft a corner / an interior OL / a RB depending on who's there

Totally understand where you're at man, I wanted to keep our first especially. I've read that the Jets we're willing to swap picks 3 to 21 to make it happen for Clark, I would've been uber mad about that as a Jets fan. I just feel differently about Ford being anymore than a strict pass rusher when we got a very comparable pass rusher/solid run defender combo in Clark.

Edited by Chiefs_5627

32 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I don't necessarily hate the contract in itself. But that trade value is horrible to pay that kind of $$

Agreed 100%.   I don’t mind the trade value,  it’s high but Clark is that much better than Ford.

I don’t mind the contract, it’s rich but it’s the going rate at his spot.

It’s a combination of the 2 that makes me question it,  too much draft capital/cap altogether for one spot/one move.