Frank Clark to Chiefs

Chiefs_5627

Watching tape of Clark is exciting.   At 6'3" and 265 pounds he is fast and strong at the point of attack.  Looks good in both run and passing situations.  Together with Chris Jones he's going to be a major disrupter.  To trade up and get an impact player  like "Frank the Tank" (Josh Allen?) would cost the Chiefs a couple of first round picks and possibly a third, and the player would still have the rookie learning curve.  The rookie salary helps, but the Chiefs now have a proven stud on their defensive line to win now.  I liked Dee Ford a lot, but he was injury prone and a 1 trick pony.  Great pass rusher that constantly over-ran running plays.  We'll see how people feel about this trade when the Chiefs win the Super Bowl in 2020. 

Edited by KCsb
more detail
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Top 5 is debatable. But definitely not worth being the 3rd highest paid defender in the league. 

Im not a fan of the money or value we gave up for him either.  I am just saying veach must have felt desperate to make this deal.  This is an indication of win now mentality.

Clark has 35 sacks in four seasons with Seattle along with 136 tackles. He led the Seahawks in sacks in each of the last two seasons.

I think in this draft we will trade later picks to get back get another 2nd and 3rd.

Edited by valkrei
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, valkrei said:

I am just saying veach must have felt desperate to make this deal. 

Agree. This definitely seems like desperation. The trade value stinks. The fiscal responsibility and current/future CAP damage is reprehensible. I would have rather traded our 29 for more picks in the 2nd/3rd. rds.. We still have need at Center, WR and TE along with holes remaining on defense.

This will force Veach to cheat money away from current players who deserved raises and extentions. Hill, Jones, Mahomes in particular. Personal hard feelings about the drunken sailor money tossed to Clark will probably instigate hard feelings from current player(s). Chiefs must keep Mahomes, so Jones or Hill will walk sooner than later IMO.

It is just so sad and was unnecessary and absent any net redeeming value IMO.

God help the Chiefs and Veach to keep Clark injury-free.

Edited by mayanfootball

17 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

Agree. This definitely seems like desperation. The trade value stinks. The fiscal responsibility and current/future CAP damage is reprehensible. I would have rather traded our 29 for more picks in the 2nd/3rd. rds.. We still have need at Center, WR and TE along with holes remaining on defense.

This will force Veach to cheat money away from current players who deserved raises and extentions. Hill, Jones, Mahomes in particular. Personal hard feelings about the drunken sailor money tossed to Clark will probably instigate hard feelings from current player(s). Chiefs must keep Mahomes, so Jones or Hill will walk sooner than later IMO.

Hill will be gone at some point I think we draft a WR in round 2 or 3.  I like andy isabella, paris and mecole and add Ridley to that mix.

Edited by valkrei

43 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

I don't get this. The value is decent and he's ready to step in and play. KP has not shown much, but what he has is run defense. Speaks can only cover one end. The defense absolutely must have pressure from DE. 

What this is is replacing experience with experience. Youth we have and can get more. We needed to replace the veteran weight that we lost when Houston and Ford left. We already did the same for Berry, as much as we could. Now we have a veteran DE with upfield skills and at a fair price. 

J

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I don't get this. The value is decent and he's ready to step in and play. KP has not shown much, but what he has is run defense. Speaks can only cover one end. The defense absolutely must have pressure from DE. 

What this is is replacing experience with experience. Youth we have and can get more. We needed to replace the veteran weight that we lost when Houston and Ford left. We already did the same for Berry, as much as we could. Now we have a veteran DE with upfield skills and at a fair price. 

J

Hoping they are seeing what they can get in a trade for K-pass..  he’s not gonna get much run, Okafor and Clark are our best options right now, Ogbah to me is our 3rd best option.   Speaks and Kpass are right where they were last year, which is why this puzzles me so much (moreso adding all 3 Clark/Okafor/Ogbah).  Unless they plan on Speaks playing more 3T,  even with rotation they aren’t gaining any ground on more PT.    

10 hours ago, valkrei said:
10 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Hill will be gone at some point I think we draft a WR in round 2 or 3.  I like andy isabella, paris and mecole and add Ridley to that mix

I had us drafting Brown/Mississippi WR. This covers injury/loss of Hill and is gravy with both healthy.

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Now we have a veteran DE with upfield skills and at a fair price.

I see a veteran with tread-wear. Is he a player that can last 10 years in the NFL playing at a high level? And without injury for that long? That would be very exceptional IMO. Guaranteed money even when injured and not playing? We didn't need to do that.

Beside the draft capital it cost, what of the extraordinary contract price? Chiefs must pay/extend other players proportionately. How can Veach do that now?

Edited by mayanfootball