Frank Clark to Chiefs

Chiefs_5627

I wasn’t a fan of giving up the 1st Round pick, along with giving out that contract..  but it’s way too early to being talking about when we’re free of his contract.    He did have some nice plays early against Hou..

Honestly I rewatched both the last few games and it’s so hard to evaluate any of the defensive players because the LB play is so awful.    Honestly Sorensen has not been good in prior seasons,  but I’d rather have him in there and have Watts(needs more pt anyways) fill in at the 3rd safety 

FWIW, PFF had Clark rated very highly this past week against Houston.

He's been improving as the season as gone on, IMO. It's just also getting tougher to judge him because the run D is so bad and the offense hasn't been it's elite self, so the kind of obvious passing downs that should let a DE like him feast haven't existed the past two weeks.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

FWIW, PFF had Clark rated very highly this past week against Houston.

He's been improving as the season as gone on, IMO. It's just also getting tougher to judge him because the run D is so bad and the offense hasn't been it's elite self, so the kind of obvious passing downs that should let a DE like him feast haven't existed the past two weeks.

I know stats aren't everything, but... After that opening fumble/recovery, Frank Clark's total stats from that game: 1 tackle. ONE.

He got a few pressures.

But every time we needed a big play hes not beating Laremy Tunsil or chasing down Watson. In fact hes not been doing that all season. Regardless of QB or Tackle in front of him.

My concern is his hand fighting skills seem bad. Hes got no moves and subpar burst. Always looks like a bull rush to the QB that inches close but rarely gets there. 

1 hour ago, valkrei said:

that play was sick, watson is not barry sanders lol.

True, but Clark was also playing contain/flat coverage.    In years past we’d be screaming at Sutton for having our pass rusher in coverage,   Now we’re complaining about the player.

On 10/15/2019 at 3:03 AM, Chiefer said:

My concern is his hand fighting skills seem bad. Hes got no moves and subpar burst. Always looks like a bull rush to the QB that inches close but rarely gets there. 

I seem to remember one of our coaches taught exactly that - hand fighting skills. I haven't heard anything of him. What happened there? But you are right. Those skills and hand placement, leverage, etc. seems to be missing.

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I seem to remember one of our coaches taught exactly that - hand fighting skills. I haven't heard anything of him. What happened there? But you are right. Those skills and hand placement, leverage, etc. seems to be missing.

who was the player tackling some dudes head?

23 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

That was Tamba Hali bringing in Grandmaster WhatSoEver ... he moved on a long time ago. May be a good idea to bring someone like him onto the coaching staff.