Frank Clark to Chiefs

Chiefs_5627

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

With all the talk a lot Ford, I would’ve rather kept Houston and our picks. 

I think Houston contract made it impossible to keep him without restructuring, hence hurting our cap flexibility in the future.

I think this is a sign that Hill is gone sooner or later.

But I think we are undervaluing how much a Great QB can make average WR WAY better. Having Hill is a true luxury that I love but I think MPIII is transcendent enough to win lot with a lot of Demarcus Robinsons. 

But a good QB can’t outplay a bad defense (see this year)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I think this is a sign that Hill is gone sooner or later.

But I think we are undervaluing how much a Great QB can make average WR WAY better. Having Hill is a true luxury that I love but I think MPIII is transcendent enough to win lot with a lot of Demarcus Robinsons. 

But a good QB can’t outplay a bad defense (see this year)

While I agree that the signs are there of Hill being on his way out, let's not forget that Hill was already super good with Alex Smith at QB. Sure Mahomes made him look unstoppable. But also helped make Mahomes seem unstoppable. His ability to stretch the field is unmatched in the NFL

11 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Still not 100% Hill is gone,  Watkins gone next year opens a lot of room.  We would have to start finding some cheaper options at OL though. 

Cam Erving is overpaid and ideally we find a replacement for Fisher unless he takes less money. Schwartz is underpaid and should be kept even at a higher price. 

The 2nd that Seattle gets will be whichever is worse of the two the Chiefs have (one is from SF).  That could make a big difference.  One could be very high and one could be very low.

You can look at it from KC perspective as you gave away a 2nd you gained from another trade so you are really just losing a 1st for Clark and you make that move all day.  Clark is a guaranteed good player and no first round pick is guaranteed good.   But I think in terms of 2nd that is wrong way to look at this.  

Yes, you had an extra 2nd, but it was still yours and you can get good players in 2nd.  You recently got Chris Jones in 2nd who is better than Clark.  Plus, you have to pay Clark top dollar and he really isn't a top dollar player.  He is very good, but not top dollar.  

I guess it makes sense from a win now with our rookie QB playing great and on a rookie salary point of view.   Clark helps you win now.  Almost no rookie first rounder will/would make same difference for KC in 2019 as Clark will.  They didn't have a good enough defense to compete for a title this year.  Now maybe they do.  Makes sense for Seattle too as they don't have a rookie QB salary and they need young cheap talent.

A reasonable deal for both parties given situation, but everyone will blast KC as they gave up more than the player was worth. 

36 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The 2nd that Seattle gets will be whichever is worse of the two the Chiefs have (one is from SF).  That could make a big difference.  One could be very high and one could be very low.

You can look at it from KC perspective as you gave away a 2nd you gained from another trade so you are really just losing a 1st for Clark and you make that move all day.  Clark is a guaranteed good player and no first round pick is guaranteed good.   But I think in terms of 2nd that is wrong way to look at this.  

Yes, you had an extra 2nd, but it was still yours and you can get good players in 2nd.  You recently got Chris Jones in 2nd who is better than Clark.  Plus, you have to pay Clark top dollar and he really isn't a top dollar player.  He is very good, but not top dollar.  

I guess it makes sense from a win now with our rookie QB playing great and on a rookie salary point of view.   Clark helps you win now.  Almost no rookie first rounder will/would make same difference for KC in 2019 as Clark will.  They didn't have a good enough defense to compete for a title this year.  Now maybe they do.  Makes sense for Seattle too as they don't have a rookie QB salary and they need young cheap talent.

A reasonable deal for both parties given situation, but everyone will blast KC as they gave up more than the player was worth. 

I also think people are looking a Clark’s current value/talent and saying you’re paying a not top guy too money while ignoring that he’s only 25 years old and will probably get better. As talent evaluators if you think he can become a top guy soon (not saying he will, just saying if the powers that be think he can) then you’re just paying early, not to much.

3 years ago if the Bears paid Mack (who would have been 25 at that time) what they are paying him now people would have said they were crazy, but if they knew then who he was going to become I’d venture to bet they’d have paid him then. (Not comparing the two just the idea).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I hate it. This is a deep DL class. We could have had someone cheaper and likely just as good or better while keeping picks. 

he is top 5 in his position, but man is he a legal nightmare waiting to happen?

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Look at it this way. Your team was a play away from the Super Bowl. With this move and the Mathieu move, you have upgraded I believe. It's clear your "window" is now with these moves and the massive Patty M contract coming up soon.

yea we are going all in for sure.