Frank Clark to Chiefs

Chiefs_5627

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Hoping they are seeing what they can get in a trade for K-pass..  he’s not gonna get much run, Okafor and Clark are our best options right now, Ogbah to me is our 3rd best option.   Speaks and Kpass are right where they were last year, which is why this puzzles me so much (moreso adding all 3 Clark/Okafor/Ogbah).  Unless they plan on Speaks playing more 3T,  even with rotation they aren’t gaining any ground on more PT.    

I think Speaks was a mistake and this Clark trade is trying to rectify that.

Speaks showed up to OTAs looking like 3T so maybe he wil see more time there lol

Knew a big deal was happening when they canceled the Chiefs draft party.

Im excited, Chiefs needed a real LEO and werent likely to find that in the draft at 29. Clark is a beast and should be very effective, reminds me of a young Houston at only 25. This will definitely kickstart the 43 switch.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Gave up a lot sure (even too much) but who else could we have gotten at 29 that'll make an impact like Clark will?

The more I think about it... I think we did just fine. He is young in his prime, could still get better.  He is a need, ect ect.  We are going to the SB this year.

• Like 1

The more I examine this trade the more I liken it to the Amari Cooper trade. The Cowboys traded a first for WR they needed, even though the media and fanbase that it was a overpay. It turned the Cowboy's season around and I think Clark will have a significant impact on our defense. He had 13 sacks, the same as Ford but in 100 less pass rush attempts. He's also very good against the run.

Now I would say this Veach should focus on getting CBs, Safeties and cover LBs. 

Just so we're all on the same page, Frank Clark:

Frank Clark is an American football defensive end for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League . Clark was drafted by the Seahawks in the second round, 63rd overall pick of the 2015 NFL draft. en.wikipedia.org

16 minutes ago, valkrei said:

I think we need to move up and draft the best CB and WR possible.  If really lucky we can also get a S.

Well, we can't play without a good Center. Kelce needs help at TE with his recent ankle surgery. This trade really messed up draft days.

Edited by mayanfootball

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Well, we can't play without a good Center. Kelce needs help at TE with his recent ankle surgery. This trade really messed up draft days.

We are fine at Center in regards to a starter, we need a back up for sure. but can get G, OT C ect in later rounds.  TE not sure it will happen now thought I doln't disagree.  We need to not get burned on D like last year, and make sure PM2 has weapons.  So WR or TE whichever one is BPA im fine with...But there are some good WR in the 2nd and 3rd round not so certain about TE.

Our first three picks could be.

rock ya sin CB, Parris Campbell WR, and Elgton Jenkins C (or a good Safety).  or S Nasir Adderley, WR Riley Ridely, LB Vosean Joseph, TE Josh Oliver.I would not say we are screwed in this draft.  Then If KC does what I want I would trade all our later picks to get 2 more 3rd round picks.  Tons of talent there and we need talent and quality depth.

Edited by valkrei

Now, I like Dee Ford but if his fast first step didn't work he didn't make much of any impact. Now watch the power bull rush, swim, chop, spin and overall awareness of Frank The Tank (with the volume down-dunno why they have to add garbage music to these videos)

Edited by Chiefs_5627

2 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Now, I like Dee Ford but if his fast first step didn't work he didn't make much of any impact. Now watch the power bull rush, swim, chop, spin and overall awareness of Frank The Tank (with the volume down-dunno why they have to add garbage music to these videos)

those long arms and grip

On 24/04/2019 at 3:33 AM, Outpost31 said:

Montez Sweat, Rashaan Gary, Brian Burns, Clellin Ferrel.  One of those four players will be available 29th overall. 

This didn’t age well, how do you feel now?

personally v happy with the way the board is looking for us on d2. Cb, oline and wr all have good depth in these next two rounds 

• Like 2