2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

Thought I would make a thread for the draft.

Going to be interesting as other teams drafts are going to mean far more than ours for 2019.  

Specifically GB and Raiders can really improve their teams as they each have multiple first rounders and both are on the schedule.  Will be keeping an eye on them.  

Lions, Broncos and Giants are also in high position to add significant rookie talent.

Anyone interested in live chatting via Skype during draft?  I don't know my weekend schedule yet, but I am interested as time permits.  I am sure I will be able to be on at some point.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Frank Clark traded to the Chiefs

KC

Clark

Sea

2[2020]

KC got hosed.

Not only that but you have to question why the Chiefs love to get themselves involved with players with domestic violence issues.  Did they not just learn from the Kareem Hunt and Tyreek Hill situations.  Now Frank Clark too? LOL

Hot take: I will say same thing about Rashon Gary as I said about Nkemdiche.  Great on paper, mediocre on the field. 

Someone will overdraft him in first based on traits.  He belongs in second round. 

I hope someone in NFCN gets him.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

I post this not so much for Kyler or Rosen, but for history that is partially detailed in this video of 'air raid' and primarily Mike Leech coaching tree and influence finally making its way to NFL after two decades of being scoofed at. 

Air raid QB after air raid QB failed in NFL for years.  To point where Goff and Mahomes were talked confidently about by many as being sure fire busts for that reason alone. 

Problem wasnt the QBs, or it wasnt all the QBs, problem was the coaches weren't air raid coaches or couldn't coach to strengths that made those QBs great in those systems in college.  Now we have coaches adjusting to those schemes and concepts and actual air raid coaches in the league and having success.  

I have always admired Mike Leech as a coach (not so much as a Man as he is reportedly kind of an ***).  I admire him because he is willing to experiment and fail. He is always trying new and different things.  Pushing the envelope of what is possible or doable offensively.   He moves the game forward or at least keeps it interesting. Few do that.  

Its not just passing.  This guy will try 4 or 5' splits with O linemen.  (Watch for someone doing that in NFL as a package in 10-15 years and remember I said this.)  He is always trying something new and using it in games.   I tried this myself at little league level emulating him for kicks and giggles.  Parents went nuts.  It was really fun though and we befuddled some people for some crazy plays. 

I think it's safe to say Murray and Bosa will be the first two picks of the draft with some question behind who will be picking at 1, although I'm sure ARZ stays put.

As for 3, there's a lot of smoke about Oliver all of a sudden to NYJ.

Albright said today that Washington and ATL are the two rumored teams to be trading up.

• Like 1