2 round mock with trades & comments

TedLavie

1. Arizona - Kyler Murray, QB. No surprise there

2. SF - Nick Bosa, EDGE. Again no shocker here

3. NYJ - Josh Allen, EDGE. I think the Jets would love to trade down to the middle of the 1st round, get a Brian Burns there and pick up a 2nd. I just don't think anybody will trade up for Williams in such a deep DT class, and I don't buy the high demand on QBs. So they settle here for Josh Allen

4. OAK - Quinnan Williams, INT. If Q is available, I have no doubt Oakland grabs him.

5. TB - Ed Oliver, INT. Tampa seems set on trading McCoy, and Oliver would be a nice replacement for him

6. NYG - Devin White, LB. I don't think the Giants go QB this early (I don't necessarily agree with it, but I could see Gettleman thinking that way). They need an athletic LB in the middle of their defense, and White is their guy.

7. JAX - TJ Hockenson, TE. This makes so much sense. Foles had success with TEs in Philly, and Hockenson is also a guy that could block for their running game. I don't think OL is that big of a need for the Jags, TE is, and Hockenson is a really good fit for them.

8. DET - Monte Sweat, EDGE. Detroit contemplates trading down, but without a great offer in hand, they go ahead and select the perfect complement of Flowers in Sweat. We've seen prospects with heart issues slide before, but Star Lotulelei didn't back in 2013, so I'll take my chances here.

9. BUF - Christian Wilkins, DT. Buffalo needs a replacement for Kyle Williams, and while they contemplated trading up for Williams/Oliver, I think they stay put, keep their picks, and take the next best DT in this class

10. DEN - Drew Lock, QB. We've seen John Elway fell in love with QB prospects before. I think Lock is the kind of QB Elway likes. He pulls the trigger here.

11. CIN - Dwayne Haskins, QB. New regime, new QB for the Bengals. It's tough to judge a first time GM/HC, but the Bengals have never been afraid to look past some off the field issues in the draft. Haskins could be their guy.

**GB trades 1.12 to PIT for 1.20 and 3.2**

12. PIT - Devin Bush, LB. We know there's a big drop-off between the top 2 LBs and the rest, and Pittsburgh has been looking for Shazier replacement, so they make a move and grab him at 12

** NYG trades 1.13, 2.5 and 4.6 to MIA for 1.17, 2.16, 4.14**

13. NYG - Daniel Jones, QB. With a run on QBs, Giants secure Jones from Dolphins and Redskins by moving up. Jones is a good fit for Shurmur offense, and he could very well be NY target at QB.

14. ATL - Rashean Gary, EDGE. Gary would be a good fit for the SSE position in Dan Quinn defense, which is a need for ATL.

15. WAS - DK Metcalf, WR. Washington doesn't have a ton of needs, and there's pressure on the front office and Gruden to win now. I considered Jonah Williams here, but I think Metcalf could have a more immediate impact for the Skins

16. CAR - Clelin Ferrell, EDGE. Carolina pick is intriguing as they could go in a number of different directions here. Getting an edge rusher opposite to Addison has to be a priority for them, and they get it with Ferrell here.

17. MIA (from NYG) - Jawaan Taylor, OT. Miami has a number of needs on the OL and DL, so I could see them going Lawrence or Burns here as well, but I think they try to solidify an OL that needs 2 to 4 starters.

18. MIN - Andre Dillard, OT. Another pick which makes so much sense. MIN has few needs, but getting a LT and kick Reiff inside would solve 2 needs at once, and Dillard might be the best pure LT prospect of this draft.

19. TEN - Brian Burns, EDGE. If Lock/Haskins fall, I could see Tennessee grabing a new QB, especially with the draft in Nashville. In this scenario, they're gone and Titans get an edge rusher as they can't rely on Wake for multiple years opposite to Landry.

20. GB (from PIT) - Marquise Brown, WR. Green Bay filled a ton of needs in FA, so this comes down to Jonah Williams or a WR. I went back and forth here, but there's a lot of pressure to win now for the final years of ARod, and they can't rely on their current WR corps. I think they target 1 or 2 WR early, and Brown is a but of a unique prospect who could really give another dimension to Green Bay offense.

**SEA trades 1.21 to CLV for 2.17, 3.17, 2020 3rd rounder**

21. CLV - Jonah Williams, OT. Another big move for the Browns. They have very few needs, tackle is one as the Robinson/Hubbard is meh at best. With Williams sliding, I think they make a big move and Seattle, with more needs and very few picks, is an ideal trade partner.

**BAL trades 1.22 to LAC for 1.28, 3.28**

22. LAC - Cody Ford, OT. Another team who badly needs OL help, and there's a bit of a drop off between the top 4 tackles and the rest. With Texans picking just after, Chargers trade up and get Ford who can start on the right side before moving to the left when Okung leaves

23. HST - Greedy Williams, CB. Nightmare scenario for the Texans here with CLV and BAL trading up for Jonah and Ford. They settle for Greedy here, who can replace Roby or Joseph next year.

24. OAK - Josh Jacobs, RB. Another pick which makes a lot of sense, Oakland might be well served to pick Jacobs before Philly and Indy pick.

25. PHI - Jeffrey Simmons, INT. Simmons might not be ready week 1, but Philly won't care. They are used to have a lot of rotation on the DL, but they're thin on the interior. Simmons provides depth year 1, and takes over Malik Jackson after this year

26. IND - Dexter Lawrence, INT. Another pick who could go in a vast number of directions. I think they go BPA here and Lawrence could be theirs.

27. OAK - DeAndre Baker, CB. No edge rusher worth picking here, so Oakland goes with a corner, and Baker seems a Gruden kind of guy.

28. BAL (from LAC) - Garrett Bradberry, OC. If Baltimore can trade down and still get the best interior OL prospect in the draft, that's the perfect scenario for them. Bradberry can slide in at LG or C for them, depeding on where they feel more comfortable.

**KC trades 1.29 to IND for 2.2, 4.27**

29. IND - Byron Murphy, CB. After going back and forth between Lawrence and Murphy 3 picks earlier, Chris Ballard uses his KC connection to trade up and select a CB who fit their scheme and can slide day 1 inside or outside with Moore going inside.

30. GB - Dalton Reisner, OT. I think Green Bay goes all out on offense in this draft, and they get a RT here who can work as a swing tackle / replacement when Bulaga is hurt year 1 before replacing him at RT for the future.

31. LAR - Eric McCoy, OC. The Rams lost Sullivan and Saffold from last year OL and they need a new starter at guard and center. They get McCoy here who can play both spots depending on where they feel more comfortable.

32. NE - Noah Fant, TE. NE would love if Fant sled all the say to 32, and they snag him as they're desperate for weapons now that Gronk has retired.

33. ARZ - Hakeem Butler, WR. We've seen before. Whoever gets a new QB gives him a new weapon. Bets are off as to who they can select here, but I think Butler is a nice complement to Kirk and Fitz.

34. KC (from IND) - Justin Layne, CB. KC needs size and good man coverage ability at corner, and they could like Layne potential enough to get him at the top of the second round

35. OAK - Jaylon Ferguson, EDGE. As for the Bengals, it's a bit of new regime, but it wouldn't shock me if Gruden/Mayock look past Ferguson character concerns and fall in love with Ferguson potential. Edge is a desperate need for them so they get him here.

36. SF - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S. First safety of the board here, I think SF needs someone alongside Tartt at safety, and Lynch could like CGJ versatility.

37. MIA (from NYG) - Jeffrey Tillery, DT. As I said earlier, MIA has to rebuild almost the entirety of its OL/DL, and Tillery is a nice piece to add here.

38. JAX - Kaleb McGary, OT. Jacksonville has a hole at RT and they will want to protect their new QB the best they can. 

**TB trades 2.7, 5.7 to HST for 2.22, 3.23, 7.6**

39. HST - Greg Little, OT. Houston doesn't miss out on a tackle this time as Little is the last guy on the Tier 2 of tackle. He's arguably the tackle with the most upside of this class too, so they have no choice but to move up here

40. BUF - Irv Smith Jr, TE. Buffalo spent a lot of money at WR and on the OL this offseason, but only signed Tyler Kroft at TE so they could definitely look for an upgrade here with Smith.

41. DEN - Chris Lindstrom, OG. Easy pick here for Denver if Lindstrom is there, they should jump on him

42. CIN - Mack Wilson, LB. Again, it's a new regime so it's hard to read into what they're going to do here, but Wilson is the kind of LB Cincinnati liked in the past, so and they need someone here, even though they re-signed Preston Brown.

43. DET - Darnell Savage, S. Detroit find its FS in Savage to replace Glover Quin.

44. GB - AJ Brown, WR. Another wide receiver? Considering GB current #2 is Equanimous StBrown, adding 2 or 3 wide receivers would be smart. Might be a little early for a 2nd one, but AJ Brown is good value here.

**ATL trades 2.13, 5.14 to DAL for 2.26, 3.27**

45. DAL - Jonathan Abram, S. Dallas can't resist trading up for a prospect they saw as an end 1st rounder. There's also some pressure to win now in Dallas, and they get an instant upgrade and a playmaker at S for this defense.

**WAS trades 2.14 to ARZ for Josh Rosen**

46. ARZ - Zach Allen, DE. Washington seems like a logical spot for Rosen as WAS needs to win now and Rosen is probably a better option that trading up for Haskins/Lock/Jones in that regard. With few needs, they can afford sending a 2nd rounder for him. As for AZ, it's the best offer they get so they have to settle for it, and use this pick on Zach Allen as they begin to rebuild their front 7.

47. CAR - Nasir Adderley, S. Carolina needs secondary help after getting an edge rusher R1, and safeties are sliding, they benefit from it here

48. NYG (from MIA) - N'Keal Harry, WR. Giants need a replacement of Odell and they don't have the kind of big body WR Harry is. 

49. SEA (from CLV) - Rock Ya-Sin, CB. Long corner that fit Seattle scheme, and good value here.

50. MIN - Dre'Mont Jones, INT. Jones would be a nice complement next to Joseph for this already impressive DL

51. TEN - Perrish Campbell, WR. Tennessee doesn't have a ton of needs, but they don't have that #1 threat outside that needs worry about. They hope Davis can be that guy, but they draft Campbell here to play opposite to him

52. PIT - DeAndre Walker, EDGE. It's a bit of a curve-ball here but PIT has given us some surprises in recent years. Walker could learn a year behind Dupree before replacing him in the starting lineup.

53. PHI - Vosean Joseph, LB. LB is probably PHI biggest need, and Joseph stock is rising. Philly can get him here and focus on other areas for the rest of the draft.

54. TB (from HST) - Taylor Rapp, S. Tampa has a very young secondary but they still have holes at safety, and Rapp could fill out one of those holes.

55. HST - Elgton Jenkins, OC. Another linemen for HST, but they need more than one, and Jenkins is good value here.

56. NE - Chase Winovich, EDGE. Winovich feels like a Bill B prospect, and with Flowers gone as well as Bennett aging, it's a need here

57. PHI - Justin Love, CB. I think Philly CB concerns are a bit overblown as I have high expectations for Sidney Jones, but Mills could be upgraded and Darby is on a 1 year deal. Justin Love can provide depth for now and replace one of the two next year

58. ATL (from DAL) - Darrell Henderson, RB. Atlanta needs to replace Coleman, and they have their choice here as only Jacobs is gone from that RB class. Henderson is a dynamic playmaker who could do some of what Coleman did for ATL, but also some what Gabriel did in their SB run from 2 years ago.

59. IND - Terry McLaurin, WR. Indy needs to think beyond this year at WR as Funchess is on a 1 year deal and Hilton is 30 and often banged up. McLaurin has upside and could replace TY down the road.

60. LAC - Michael Deiter, OG. Another OL prospect for LA but they need it.

61. KC - Oshane Ximinies, EDGE. If KC doesn't trade for Frank Clark, I think Ximinies is the kind of developmental prospect they could like at the end of the second round at a position of need.

62. NO - Jace Sternberger, TE. The Saints don't have a ton of needs. But Cook is not the long term solution at TE and Sternberger could be his replacement, while giving another weapons to Brees now as TE2.

63. KC - Tytus Howard, OT. The Chiefs probably won't be able to afford Eric Fisher contract once they extend Mahomes. Howard could play swing tackle for a year or two before replacing him or Mitch Schwartz in the starting lineup.

64. NE - Deebo Samuel, WR. Another weapon for NE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigdog2372 said:

Love it for the Bucs. Oliver is refreshing to see instead of White for once, and getting more draft capital for the trade down and still getting a talent like Rapp would be great.

Not fond of the Tampa-White mock. You guys are moving to a 3-4, and you already have Lavonte David at ILB. I think a cheaper player like Bucannon, or a lower rounder pick, makes much more sense than going White that early. 

If Jets manage to trade down and Allen is there, I think he's Tampa #1 choice. Oliver is #2 (assuming Bosa and Williams are both taken by then)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Not fond of the Tampa-White mock. You guys are moving to a 3-4, and you already have Lavonte David at ILB. I think a cheaper player like Bucannon, or a lower rounder pick, makes much more sense than going White that early. 

If Jets manage to trade down and Allen is there, I think he's Tampa #1 choice. Oliver is #2 (assuming Bosa and Williams are both taken by then)

Good explanation and I agree. I’ve been saying since January that if I had the #1 pick this year and everyone was on the table I’d take Josh Allen. The guy has unlimited potential. But, with most guys with a high ceiling comes a potential low floor, so at the end of the day who knows? I’m sure the guys who get paid to do this for a living have spent far more time in this than I have. Thanks for the mock. (Just as an aside, everything I’ve heard down here from our team insiders podcasts etc, our board supposedly goes Williams, Bosa, White, Oliver, Allen)

Edited by bigdog2372

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

51. TEN - Perrish Campbell, WR. Tennessee doesn't have a ton of needs, but they don't have that #1 threat outside that needs worry about. They hope Davis can be that guy, but they draft Campbell here to play opposite to him

Paris.  Like the city.  :)

As for the Bengals, I'm fine with Haskins but not so sure about Wilson anymore.

Edited by Jason_Bengal_Fl
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TedLavie said:

**GB trades 1.12 to PIT for 1.20 and 3.2**

20. GB (from PIT) - Marquise Brown, WR. Green Bay filled a ton of needs in FA, so this comes down to Jonah Williams or a WR. I went back and forth here, but there's a lot of pressure to win now for the final years of ARod, and they can't rely on their current WR corps. I think they target 1 or 2 WR early, and Brown is a but of a unique prospect who could really give another dimension to Green Bay offense.

It's going to take more than a 3rd round pick for the Packers to move down.  They'll stick at 12 and take their defensive player of choice.  Think something like 1/2 for 1/4 or something along those lines.  But they're not taking a WR here.  Grab one of the EDGE or Andre Dillard here.

30. GB - Dalton Reisner, OT. I think Green Bay goes all out on offense in this draft, and they get a RT here who can work as a swing tackle / replacement when Bulaga is hurt year 1 before replacing him at RT for the future.

Solid pick here.  Could always grab Courtney Gardner-Johnson here.

44. GB - AJ Brown, WR. Another wide receiver? Considering GB current #2 is Equanimous StBrown, adding 2 or 3 wide receivers would be smart. Might be a little early for a 2nd one, but AJ Brown is good value here.

We're not taking 2 WRs with our first three picks, nor is ESB our #2 WR.  Our #2 WR is MVS.  Grab Nasir Adderly if you stick with Risner.

I absolutely hate this mock draft for the Falcons.  1st i have no interest in touching Gary in the 1st round at all and this is coming from a michigan fan who has watched him for 3 years.  I had to deal with his lazy inconsistent play for 35+ games and dang sure don't want to deal with it for 5 more for a team i love way more than michigan.   I might be interested in him in round 2 but even then i would probably look at other players before him even there.  Note: Im also a FSU and Clemson fan  those 3 are my favorite teams and i watch every game of all 3 teams so i will either love their players or highly dislike their players based on how they played for my teams.   Rashaan Gary and Brian Burns  = No thanks for the Falcons in round 1.  Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell are what i would go with in round 1 and i would be all over Chase Winovich at DE in the next few rounds.  I also like Bush from Michigan but we don't need a LB in round 1 that badly so i wouldn't choose him there.   Devin White on the other hand being a top 5 value if he falls to 14 might make me think twice on a LB depending who else is there just based on value alone.  

The trade down isn't a terrible move and i could be ok with it getting back a extra 3rd rounder better than our 2 5th's but taking a RB in round 2 is a terrible idea as we already have a RB to replace Coleman in Ito Smith who played quite well last year and most of the time looked better than Coleman did out there.   If we get another RB it needs to be a Power RB not a Freeman and ito smith clone. 

Here are the 2 picks i would make for the Falcons based on who fell to us in each round with the trade left in.

1st - Dexter Lawrence - DT - Put him next to Grady and watch them decimate everyone and free up Beasley and Takk to finally do their work.  Plus it helps our run defense tremendously.

2nd - Titus Howard- RT - Our 2nd biggest need behind a true DT/NT and we have already been linked heavily to him with a few visits. He could sit for 1 year if need be and then take over for next year although he could probably handle RT right away with Matthews having LT locked up.

3a - Chase Winovich - Edge Rusher if there

3b - Bunting  - CB - if there

4a -  Power RB
4b - LB

From then on BPA and call it a day.