2 round mock with trades & comments

TedLavie

11 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Eagles

First Round- A+

Second Round- F- 

Simmons and Eagles really seem like a good match. If he's there, I think he's high in Eagles bucket list.

I admit that I struggled a bit for Eagles 2nd round picks. Joseph stock seems to be rising and I think Love is decent value there, but it wouldn't shock me if they went WR or RB there. Or maybe OL.

Edited by TedLavie

10 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Very good 1st round pick but I’d switch the 2nd. Campbell will never be a #1 WR. Samuel is a much better player. Samuel or Jenkins would be good 2nd round picks.

WR rankings are all over the place, and I suspect it's the same in the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Titans went Samuel instead of Campbell. I like Campbell slightly better, but I understand the argument for Samuel.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's going to take more than a 3rd round pick for the Packers to move down.  They'll stick at 12 and take their defensive player of choice.  Think something like 1/2 for 1/4 or something along those lines.  But they're not taking a WR here.  Grab one of the EDGE or Andre Dillard here.

Solid pick here.  Could always grab Courtney Gardner-Johnson here.

We're not taking 2 WRs with our first three picks, nor is ESB our #2 WR.  Our #2 WR is MVS.  Grab Nasir Adderly if you stick with Risner.

You really think GB is going edge after spending all that money on both Smith? Don't see how they go defense at #12. Front 5, they're pretty much set there. They don't have an history of going ILB early, so I don't see them going Bush there. They drafted two corners last year early, and no safety is worth taking that high.

And yeah I blanked on MVS for some reason. Still, competition at least is needed for #2 and #3 WR. I didn't plan on going WR back-to-back, but AJ Brown was too good of value to pass imho. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they indeed went S (Abram or Adderley) in that scenario

10 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i would go with AJ brown instead of McGary. gotta give foles a WR to throw to besides Dede.  chark is still too raw to be anything more then a 9 route guy, lee is questionable at best for camp off a knee injury and cole i a big uncertain mess at this point. 

Contemplated going Brown indeed (safety as well), but I think Jags have a better shot finding a decent WR in later rounds than a tackle.

8 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Definitely not a fan of Gardner-Johnson in two with Harry, Brown, and Lindstrom on the board. I love Bosa as he is my top player in this draft. 

Contemplated going WR here as well, but again, I think there's depth in that class at WR. Plus I think Kyle can manufacture WR quality a bit with his scheming, so without a true special talent there, I went with CGJ, who I think is a solid fit. Lindstrom is definitely a possibility too but I think S is a bigger need and there could be some pressure on SF to improve this year. CGJ offers that more than Lindstrom I believe.

19 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Simmons and Eagles really seem like a good match. If he's there, I think he's high in Eagles bucket list.

I admit that I struggled a bit for Eagles 2nd round picks. Joseph stock seems to be rising and I think Love is decent value there, but it wouldn't shock me if they went WR or RB there. Or maybe OL.

They won’t go either LB or CB that high. In this scenario a Safety would 100% be one of those 2nd round picks. Then edge, OL, RB or WR would be top priorities 

4 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I absolutely hate this mock draft for the Falcons.  1st i have no interest in touching Gary in the 1st round at all and this is coming from a michigan fan who has watched him for 3 years.  I had to deal with his lazy inconsistent play for 35+ games and dang sure don't want to deal with it for 5 more for a team i love way more than michigan.   I might be interested in him in round 2 but even then i would probably look at other players before him even there.  Note: Im also a FSU and Clemson fan  those 3 are my favorite teams and i watch every game of all 3 teams so i will either love their players or highly dislike their players based on how they played for my teams.   Rashaan Gary and Brian Burns  = No thanks for the Falcons in round 1.  Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell are what i would go with in round 1 and i would be all over Chase Winovich at DE in the next few rounds.  I also like Bush from Michigan but we don't need a LB in round 1 that badly so i wouldn't choose him there.   Devin White on the other hand being a top 5 value if he falls to 14 might make me think twice on a LB depending who else is there just based on value alone.  

The trade down isn't a terrible move and i could be ok with it getting back a extra 3rd rounder better than our 2 5th's but taking a RB in round 2 is a terrible idea as we already have a RB to replace Coleman in Ito Smith who played quite well last year and most of the time looked better than Coleman did out there.   If we get another RB it needs to be a Power RB not a Freeman and ito smith clone. 

Here are the 2 picks i would make for the Falcons based on who fell to us in each round with the trade left in.

1st - Dexter Lawrence - DT - Put him next to Grady and watch them decimate everyone and free up Beasley and Takk to finally do their work.  Plus it helps our run defense tremendously.

2nd - Titus Howard- RT - Our 2nd biggest need behind a true DT/NT and we have already been linked heavily to him with a few visits. He could sit for 1 year if need be and then take over for next year although he could probably handle RT right away with Matthews having LT locked up.

3a - Chase Winovich - Edge Rusher if there

3b - Bunting  - CB - if there

4a -  Power RB
4b - LB

From then on BPA and call it a day.

Aside from the fact that I love Gary, which we'll disagree on, Atlanta has an history of valuing athelticsm early. Don't see them going Fererll here. With Wilkins gone, Lawrence was definitely a possibility, as well as J.Taylor and Greedy (even though they picked Oliver in the 2nd last year I believe). But picking Gary seems like something Atlanta FO would do.

You're probably right on the 2nd rounder though. I had Deiter there originally, but swapped it as I remembered they offered long term contracts to Carpenter and Brown this offseason. Henderson probably wasn't the right choice

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

You really think GB is going edge after spending all that money on both Smith? Don't see how they go defense at #12. Front 5, they're pretty much set there. They don't have an history of going ILB early, so I don't see them going Bush there. They drafted two corners last year early, and no safety is worth taking that high.

And yeah I blanked on MVS for some reason. Still, competition at least is needed for #2 and #3 WR. I didn't plan on going WR back-to-back, but AJ Brown was too good of value to pass imho. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they indeed went S (Abram or Adderley) in that scenario

Absolutely.  Realistically, you're looking at roughly 60% of the defensive snaps going to your top 2 EDGE, roughly 45-55% of the snaps for EDGE3 which leaves at worse 25% of the defensive snaps.  But when you dig down deeper, you're probably going to see Za'Darius Smith take some of his defensive snaps along the DL much like he did with Baltimore.  And Kyler Fackrell's sack production was a bit misleading.  His sack per pressure ratio was significantly higher than league average, so he's due for regression.  So even then, you're realistically looking at ~40% of the defensive snaps going to a rookie pass rusher.  Last year, Marcus Davenport played in 40% of the defensive snaps for the Saints.

Along the DL, Kenny Clark is due for an extension but beyond that the DL is good for this year, but not moving forward.  Mike Daniels is a FA at the end of the season, so it's probably a year away from being a need.  If Ed Oliver falls to the Packers, I think they run that pick up to the podium.  IF this year's CB class was stronger, I wouldn't have been surprised if they took another corner high.  There's a premium on this position.

I can tell you right now, Marquise Brown won't be a Packer.  AJ Brown?  Probably.  But there's very little chance if any for Brown to be the Packers' pick.