WTF KC!

Tomahawk

This is Browns related in that it is going to severely impact the contract Myles wants when they negotiate next year..... I was thinking we'd get him for around 25 mil a year with 70-80 mill guaranteed.  With this BS it's likely going to be closer to 30mil a year and 90+ guaranteed.  

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Thread seems kinda aggro.

I was laughing when the report came out at what KC was giving up for him.  Then I saw the contract, and it definitely angered me lol.  My poor Browns salary cap is going to hurting after this year.  

Also, this is damage control for Ford and Houston being gone. It's close to expected compensation based on the big deals of the past year. Most think he's top-20 in the NFL, he's versatile and young. Glad it wasn't us, but Tayne gets it. It's a very late first, fwiw.

The draft compensation is really irrelevant to me.  Im sure Seattle is more likely to trade down with it and get more picks.  I just laughed thinking Seattle was fleecing them, and then KC goes and dumps top DE money on the guy.  I just don't see it.  This is akin to Suh's Miami deal, and Suh was easily a top 5 DT at the time.  

17 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

The draft compensation is really irrelevant to me.  Im sure Seattle is more likely to trade down with it and get more picks.  I just laughed thinking Seattle was fleecing them, and then KC goes and dumps top DE money on the guy.  I just don't see it.  This is akin to Suh's Miami deal, and Suh was easily a top 5 DT at the time.  

The five years, 105 million dollars is pretty much what the market is dictating for the highest paid defensive end at the moment. Dee Ford just got 87.5 million over 5 years, and most would agree that Frank Clark is the superior player.

The math says that each year is 3.6 million dollars more, which seems about the difference between those two players. Now, that is terrifying to think of how much money Garrett will be getting, but the crux of the argument is really how valuable one sees Frank Clark. If he's not a top-25 defensive end, then of course this deal is insane. Many see him as higher and still ascending. Tayne actually really hasn't watched him play much and doesn't have a strong opinion.

Off the top of my head.  Myles Garrett, Leonard Williams, JJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Cameron Jordan, Khalil Mack, Joey Boss, DeMarcus Lawrence are all superior players.   I could probably round out a full 25 if I go look at rosters.  

1 minute ago, Tomahawk said:

Off the top of my head.  Myles Garrett, Leonard Williams, JJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Cameron Jordan, Khalil Mack, Joey Boss, DeMarcus Lawrence are all superior players.   I could probably round out a full 25 if I go look at rosters.  

Do do this, but please repost in Chiefs forum.

Archived