What’s your first 3 rounds

LoganF89

I want to compare and see what you guys think!

1. Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio St.- I honestly think he could fall to us, I really think the giants like Daniel Jones at 17, talk he’s worked with the mannings. The raiders are the only team I could see selecting him ahead of us. I think the broncos go Lock and I don’t believe the dolphins or bengals go AB this year.

2. Hakeem Butler WR Iowa St.- I think he can develope into a go to. He’s lined up everywhere at the reciever position, he runs good routes and has great size at 6’5” he had a few drops in college but nothing to really worry about

3. Dieonte Thompson FS Alabama- we all know the skins love Bama. We don’t know how the Nicholson situation will shake out and I honestly don’t care for Apke at all. Thompson started draft talk as a first rounder but has been on a huge slide

3. Connor McGovern G Penn St.- if he’s there then take him. I know we got flowers to play G but who knows if he will be able to make the switch. McGovern I feel could slide right in as a 3rd rounder

I want to see yalls first 3 rounds. I would love sweat at 15 but it’s not gonna happen

Trade pick #15 to Arizona Cardinals for QB Josh Rosen and pick #33

I don't really want Rosen. But I’m deathly afraid that they’re going to use 15 on someone like Drew Lock or *shudder* Daniel Jones, and I’d prefer Rosen at this price.

33. WR A.J. Brown, Ole Miss

I really like this guy. He has everything you need in a WR from a physical standpoint, size and speed and body control. While he may end up at his best as a “big slot,” I think he could play outside a lot as well, a la JuJu Smith-Schuster. He gives us a new dimension with his YAC ability.

Trade pick #46 to Tennessee Titans for pick #51 and pick #121

The Titans move up looking to grab one of the bigger WRs still on the board (possibly Butler or Arcega-Whiteside). We recoup the 4th rounder from the Clinton-Dix trade. 

51. OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan

He was a remarkably disruptive player as a DE for the Wolverines, and consistently outshined Rashan Gary on that DL. His testing numbers were very good, although he does probably lack the explosiveness to be an elite pass-rusher. Would split time with Anderson early on.

Trade pick #76 and pick #153 to San Francisco 49ers for pick #69

69. ILB Mack Wilson, Alabama

We move back up the board a bit to secure an Alabama defender who is sliding. He’ll probably never be a star, but I think he makes a nice complement to Reuben Foster. He’s got good size and athletic ability, and he’s fundamentally sound and reliable. A very solid player. 

96. OL Nate Davis, UNC Charlotte

He played some OT in college, but he will almost certainly play OG at the NFL level. He’s got good size and is impressively mobile for a big man. I think Callahan could mold a starting caliber LG out of him. 

So in sum, we would be adding:

QB Josh Rosen

WR A.J. Brown

OLB Chase Winovich

ILB Mack Wilson

OG Nate Davis

4th round pick (#121) [losing 5th round pick (#153)]

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Trade pick #15 to Arizona Cardinals for QB Josh Rosen and pick #33

I don't really want Rosen. But I’m deathly afraid that they’re going to use 15 on someone like Drew Lock or *shudder* Daniel Jones, and I’d prefer Rosen at this price.

33. WR A.J. Brown, Ole Miss

I really like this guy. He has everything you need in a WR from a physical standpoint, size and speed and body control. While he may end up at his best as a “big slot,” I think he could play outside a lot as well, a la JuJu Smith-Schuster. He gives us a new dimension with his YAC ability.

Trade pick #46 to Tennessee Titans for pick #51 and pick #121

The Titans move up looking to grab one of the bigger WRs still on the board (possibly Butler or Arcega-Whiteside). We recoup the 4th rounder from the Clinton-Dix trade. 

51. OLB Chase Winovich, Michigan

He was a remarkably disruptive player as a DE for the Wolverines, and consistently outshined Rashan Gary on that DL. His testing numbers were very good, although he does probably lack the explosiveness to be an elite pass-rusher. Would split time with Anderson early on.

Trade pick #76 and pick #153 to San Francisco 49ers for pick #69

69. ILB Mack Wilson, Alabama

We move back up the board a bit to secure an Alabama defender who is sliding. He’ll probably never be a star, but I think he makes a nice complement to Reuben Foster. He’s got good size and athletic ability, and he’s fundamentally sound and reliable. A very solid player. 

96. OL Nate Davis, UNC Charlotte

He played some OT in college, but he will almost certainly play OG at the NFL level. He’s got good size and is impressively mobile for a big man. I think Callahan could mold a starting caliber LG out of him. 

So in sum, we would be adding:

QB Josh Rosen

WR A.J. Brown

OLB Chase Winovich

ILB Mack Wilson

OG Nate Davis

4th round pick (#121) [losing 5th round pick (#153)]

I don’t mind that trade if we get A.J. Brown, Rosen and A.J. for our 15th is a good haul. I like the Mack Wilson pick too! 

I don’t know anything about Nate Davis but  I just don’t see what people see in winovich. You said it yourself that it would be a split in playing time with him and Anderson. We could come out of that pick with a potential starter somewhere instead if f a player that splits time. Tho I could be wrong but I could live with those picks

Sounds good sign me up 100% with the running backs we have we're going to have a real good team the quarterback position good running back good offensive line good defensive line great linebacker good defensive back okay that might be good enough to clinched a wild-card spot someone send the vp's this just maybe they need help hey mr. Snyder please please please give us something to cheer for you do this and just maybe butts will come back in the seat I know mine will 😉

Edited by Geno

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I just don’t see what people see in winovich. You said it yourself that it would be a split in playing time with him and Anderson. We could come out of that pick with a potential starter somewhere instead if f a player that splits time.

I don’t think we’re getting a pass-rusher outside of the top 20 picks that wouldn’t split time with Anderson. Actually, I think if we took Burns at 15, he would split time with Anderson also. We need speed and quickness on the edge, and the guys who provide that just aren’t often ready to handle full-time duty in the NFL from day one. If they have the ability to be elite pass-rushers and can play the run effectively for 60 snaps a game, they’re going in the top 5-10 picks (Bosa, Allen, Sweat).

As for Winovich himself — and I swear I’m not trying to be an *** by asking this — have you watched him play much? I’m asking because he’s the kind of guy who seems a little “mehhh” in theory. Doesn’t have huge sack numbers, was a less-heralded guy on a big-name defense, gets painted with the same “all motor, marginal athlete” brush that has gotten guys like Ryan Kerrigan, TJ Watt, Connor Barwin, Brian Robison,  even Clay Matthews to some degree in the past. 

And then you watch him play, and it’s like he’s getting shot out of a cannon 60 times a game. He’s constantly pressuring and disturbing passers, and he’s absolutely relentless. Which would mostly be just a nice compliment to his work ethic if he didn’t also run a 4.59 40 (with a 1.55 10 yard split) and post a 6.94 3-cone and 4.11 short shuttle. All of those are elite testing numbers, and they make him a pretty dangerous player off the edge when combined with his motor and strong hand use. 

He had 34.5 TFLs over the past two seasons, which ranked 9th in the country, right between Clelin Ferrell and Josh Allen. While the sack totals aren’t huge, he consistently rated extremely highly in PFF’s pass-rush grading (they love him).  

Anyway, I don’t know that he’s necessarily the next Clay Matthews. The poor jump numbers cause me the most concern in that area. But he’s still a guy I’d love to have on this team, for his pass rush ability and his big personality and play-like-your-hair-is-on-fire energy on the field. 

• Like 1

I can understand why you’d want to just wait on pass-rusher if we miss on the top group in the 1st round though. It is one of those positions where you often either want to get an elite guy or just take a couple upside plays later and see if any of them pop. That’s something the Ravens  do that I really like — they don’t nail every edge rusher pick, but they pick them frequently, so they have a good number who develop into impact players.

If they decided to wait until the 3rd-5th range and roll the dice on a couple guys like Polite or Banogu or Shareef Miller or D’Andre Walker — I’d be okay with that. They really can’t reasonably go into the season with Ryan Anderson and no one else at ROLB. But I’d understand going for quantity over quality if they miss out on the top options. 

33 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I can understand why you’d want to just wait on pass-rusher if we miss on the top group in the 1st round though. It is one of those positions where you often either want to get an elite guy or just take a couple upside plays later and see if any of them pop. That’s something the Ravens  do that I really like — they don’t nail every edge rusher pick, but they pick them frequently, so they have a good number who develop into impact players.

If they decided to wait until the 3rd-5th range and roll the dice on a couple guys like Polite or Banogu or Shareef Miller or D’Andre Walker — I’d be okay with that. They really can’t reasonably go into the season with Ryan Anderson and no one else at ROLB. But I’d understand going for quantity over quality if they miss out on the top options. 

I like polite, ximenes, or Christian Miller if they are there in the 3rd

Edited by LoganF89

#15 - CB Greedy Williams - I'm flip-flopping on Williams here hard and I've been unfairly unjust criticizing his character in the past. He's almost a consensus top-ten prospect across most big boards and to get him at 15 would be tremendous value. Williams passed both the production and athletic measurements with flying colors. LSU has quietly churned out some great NFL CBs and I don't see why Greedy can't be another one.

#46 - LG Michael Deiter - I could have traded down a couple spots but Deiter is an absolute great fit for this team and I'd love to see him here. He can pull from the guard position and he brings smash mouth football attitude from O-Lineman U (Wisconsin)

#76 - WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside - The team needs to get a WR with one of the first four picks. I think the third round is a great time to gamble because there is a decent amount of WR's in this draft and a good one could fall.

#90 - MLB Bobby Okereke - Okereke hasn't generated a lot of buzz in Redskins nation but our MLB position is far from solidified and I think we could use another body here for competition. Okereke tested well athletically and had decent production at Stanford.

I didn't address EDGE or QB but I addressed some pretty big needs and I think the first two selections are instant starters with the possibility of the third round picks also being starters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

1. Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio St.- I honestly think he could fall to us, I really think the giants like Daniel Jones at 17, talk he’s worked with the mannings. The raiders are the only team I could see selecting him ahead of us. I think the broncos go Lock and I don’t believe the dolphins or bengals go AB this year.

2. Hakeem Butler WR Iowa St.- I think he can develope into a go to. He’s lined up everywhere at the reciever position, he runs good routes and has great size at 6’5” he had a few drops in college but nothing to really worry about

3. Dieonte Thompson FS Alabama- we all know the skins love Bama. We don’t know how the Nicholson situation will shake out and I honestly don’t care for Apke at all. Thompson started draft talk as a first rounder but has been on a huge slide

3. Connor McGovern G Penn St.- if he’s there then take him. I know we got flowers to play G but who knows if he will be able to make the switch. McGovern I feel could slide right in as a 3rd rounder

I want to see yalls first 3 rounds. I would love sweat at 15 but it’s not gonna happen

That's a solid first 4 picks!!! All IMO would contribute right away, even though I wouldn't mind Haskins sitting a year or part of the season to learn the playbook and speed of the game. 

13 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I love it!

Mine - I'm no expert or do I claim to be so.

Round 1 Pick Number 15 - Dwayne Haskins - QB - Ohio State - Look we need a QB and I don't think Rosen is worth a 1st so I say get Haskins let him sit this year let him work on his issues and build to our future.

Round 2 Pick Number 46 - Marquies Brown - WR - Oklahoma - Yes he small but honestly he could be our Tyreek Hill (On the field Hill)

Round 3 1st Pick Number 76 - Christian Miller - EDGE - Alabama - You can never have enough pass rushers so let grab one from our fav SEC school

Round 3 2nd Pick Number 96 - Josh Oliver - TE - San Jose State - Jordan Reed just can't stay healthy and Vernon Davis is probably on his last year so let's get a young TE to help out.