NFL Draft Discussion (Rounds 1-7)

zelbell

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That could mean about a million different things.

Kwon Alexander replied with “ 👀 “

Randall replied with “ 👋 “

its cryptic but but I think he feels like he might be traded.

It's probably cryptic on purpose.  Wouldn't be the first time a professional athlete has tweeted something that can be perceived any number of ways, in an effort to get attention.  Any publicity is good publicity.  See ya this fall Damarious. 

• Like 2

n

40 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Kwon Alexander replied with “ 👀 “

Randall replied with “ 👋 “

its cryptic but but I think he feels like he might be traded.

Bro ... Chil...Friday, the players are out of there and get to go home or to wherever. It's best not to give energy to players' vague tweets with emojis and conclude the very worst when there are multiple explanations for such tweets that most likely have nothing to do with anything related to our lives and/or the life of our football team..

Randall is from Florida. Has family in various cities in Florida. Those he spoke with via Twitter are players that live in Florida. During his visits back to Florida over the years, he's connected with some of the biggest Florida pro-FB players (Kwon Alexander, Donovan Smith, etc) while going to parties and hanging out with NFL-brethren aka other celebrities throughout the various big cities in Florida w/ Night life. Beyond that, they as pro-players have connected due to Hurricane relief initiatives between Florida pro-players and pro players that are Florida natives. He'll be returning to Florida soon with voluntary camp ending soon.

Randall's been one of the most all in players in this rebuild and the compensation in return for Randall now that he's in his last year and not franchised isn't worth what he gives to this team culture and play wise. The FO loves him. He wants to be paid. We may or may not pay him. We cannot replace him in the draft where we pick unless Nasir Adderley falls. We're not banking on a rookie over Randall. He and Duke aren't in the same situation.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

It seems odd that few have brought up Arizona signing of Brett Hundley as QB2 back in March as a offensive stylistic nod (running capable QB that is) to the coming Kyler Murray pick (I know Brett went to UCLA that means nothing).

Not discussing Brett Hundley seems odd to you?

giphy.gif 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mind Character said:

n

Bro ... Chil...Friday, the players are out of there and get to go home or to wherever. It's best not to give energy to players' vague tweets with emojis and conclude the very worst when there are multiple explanations for such tweets that most likely have nothing to do with anything related to our lives and/or the life of our football team..

Randall is from Florida. Has family in various cities in Florida. Those he spoke with via Twitter are players that live in Florida. During his visits back to Florida over the years, he's connected with some of the biggest Florida pro-FB players (Kwon Alexander, Donovan Smith, etc) while going to parties and hanging out with NFL-brethren aka other celebrities throughout the various big cities in Florida w/ Night life. Beyond that, they as pro-players have connected due to Hurricane relief initiatives between Florida pro-players and pro players that are Florida natives. He'll be returning to Florida soon with voluntary camp ending soon.

Randall's been one of the most all in players in this rebuild and the compensation in return for Randall now that he's in his last year and not franchised isn't worth what he gives to this team culture and play wise. The FO loves him. He wants to be paid. We may or may not pay him. We cannot replace him in the draft where we pick unless Nasir Adderley falls. We're not banking on a rookie over Randall. He and Duke aren't in the same situation.

I don’t need to chill lol. 

Randall does because he hasn’t gotten a new deal yet.

also saying “I’m not here to make friends” in between all that. It’s not about going home after minicamp. He wants a new deal and is getting antsy.

(reference for later)

Before our current pick at 49, the following 13 teams/draft slots need a Safety (3 marked with ** need a SS; the other 10 need a FS)

**26. Colts -- Need SS; Current== Clayton Geathers

28. Chargers -- Upgrade FS; Current== Adrian Phillip

29. Seattle -- Need FS; Current== Lost Earl Thomas

30. Green Bay -- Need FS; Current== Tramon Williams

**34. Colts -- Need SS; Current== Clayton Geathers;

**36. 49ers -- Need FS & SS; Current== Antoine Exum, Jaquiski Tartt played only 8 games 2 years in a row

37. Giants -- Upgrade FS; Current== Antoine Bethea

39. Tampa Bay -- Upgrade FS; Current== Jordan Whitehead;

43. Lions -- Need FS; Current== Tavon Wilson

44. Green Bay -- Need FS; Current== Tramon Williams

46. Washington -- Need FS; Current== Montae Nicholson

47. Panthers -- Need FS; Current== Rashaan Gaulden

48. Dolphins -- Need FS; Current== Reshad Jones

---------------

I definitely don't see Jonathan Abram, SS Miss St or Nasir Adderley, CB/FS/SS-Convert Delaware making it through that gauntlet to us. Darnell Savage, SS Maryland might, and I think Taylor Rapp, SS Washington definitely will b/c of the poor testing and on-field athleticism. I don't like Chauncey Gardner-Johnson's Jr., FS/NB Florida's fit as a SS in our system. It's going to be miserable trying to wait it out for Adderley or Abram from picks 26 on....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

also saying “I’m not here to make friends” in between all that. It’s not about going home after minicamp. He wants a new deal and is getting antsy.

giphy.gif

You know what you're right... that definitely must be about the trade to be announced on Friday and it couldn't possibly be about anything else. In fact, I'm here to report that we've indeed traded Damarious Randall and Duke Johnson in a packaged deal to the Carolina Panthers for Kai Nacua and cash considerations. It will be formally announced on Friday.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1