Jump to content
zelbell

NFL Draft Discussion (Rounds 1-7)

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

No I should be used to it. I get argued with for no reason frequently.

No you don’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm gonna disagree with you guys on the OL front. I don't think Dorsey is a fan of the crop this year which is why we signed so many of those young backup guys in FA. I'll guess we go for at least one OL prospect, but not until day 3 when there's less worry if it doesn't work out. 

I agree with you on the tackles, but the interior OL in this draft looks pretty strong to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Que?

Quoting you talking to freaky its 4.45am on a night shift. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Saw a mock yesterday with Jerry Tillery still there at our 2nd round pick. Realistic? No. Tantalizing. Uh huh.

I’d love to trade up and get Tillery if he’s there in the 30s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

I agree with you on the tackles, but the interior OL in this draft looks pretty strong to me.

I think some of the tackles look decent if they’re available day 2/3.

Risner, Cajuste, Ford, etc. could all be starters, but there’s definitely not much as far as elite or top shelf talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'll try to be on tonight for the draft, but if I'm not, know that I am so proud of you all and love each and every one of you the same and Tayne the most.

 

40 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

same

umm k

 

4 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

Over there maybe.

Kiwi and the other Kiwis will be watching it at work yesterday.

Over here the draft is complete. 

*fingers crossed we got Minshew*

 

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Why are you going to such lengths to argue with me about something I 100% agree with you about???

@MindCharacter is @theerealdeal, confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

(reference for later)

Before our current pick at 49, the following 13 teams/draft slots need a Safety (3 marked with ** need a SS; the other 10 need a FS)

**26. Colts -- Need SS; Current== Clayton Geathers

28. Chargers -- Upgrade FS; Current== Adrian Phillip

29. Seattle -- Need FS; Current== Lost Earl Thomas

30. Green Bay -- Need FS; Current== Tramon Williams

**34. Colts -- Need SS; Current== Clayton Geathers;

**36. 49ers -- Need FS & SS; Current== Antoine Exum, Jaquiski Tartt played only 8 games 2 years in a row

37. Giants -- Upgrade FS; Current== Antoine Bethea

39. Tampa Bay -- Upgrade FS; Current== Jordan Whitehead;

43. Lions -- Need FS; Current== Tavon Wilson

44. Green Bay -- Need FS; Current== Tramon Williams

46. Washington -- Need FS; Current== Montae Nicholson

47. Panthers -- Need FS; Current== Rashaan Gaulden

48. Dolphins -- Need FS; Current== Reshad Jones

---------------

I definitely don't see Jonathan Abram, SS Miss St or Nasir Adderley, CB/FS/SS-Convert Delaware making it through that gauntlet to us. Darnell Savage, SS Maryland might, and I think Taylor Rapp, SS Washington definitely will b/c of the poor testing and on-field athleticism. I don't like Chauncey Gardner-Johnson's Jr., FS/NB Florida's fit as a SS in our system. It's going to be miserable trying to wait it out for Adderley or Abram from picks 26 on....

That list actually might mean Abram could fall if he makes it past 36. Adderley is very unlikely, as he is a better fit at FS/CB than SS. Also, that list makes it look like Thornhill may be long gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I literally said all this in about two sentences. Randall wants a new deal and he’s spouting garbage about it on Twitter. I didn’t make any assumptions about if he’s right or wrong for thinking so. Just stating what he said.

Why are you going to such lengths to argue with me about something I 100% agree with you about???

Your speculation that "Randall thinks he's going to be traded; and is gone Friday" was/is not the same as "just stating what he said." As such, my first few posts were in response to that reckless jumping to conclusion based on tweets in my opinion.

My next couple of post were in response to the fact that based on your post others seemed to be entertaining that Randall could be traded s I continued to lay out specific details as to  why he would not be traded. I specified and put forth the contract numbers as well the mindset of the Browns and Randall as a more general response to anyone thinking Randall is going to be traded not necessarily just to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

That list actually might mean Abram could fall if he makes it past 36. Adderley is very unlikely, as he is a better fit at FS/CB than SS. Also, that list makes it look like Thornhill may be long gone.

Indeed ... Yep, hence I started a thread the other day with the Title "... blah blah we have to trade up at least to 35"

I don't think Thornhill does anything for us except average quality contributions so I would hope he would be gone before out pick, but you're right with all those FS needs he's likely gone also. I wasn't thinking of that but yeah he gone too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Your speculation that "Randall thinks he's going to be traded; and is gone Friday" was/is not the same as "just stating what he said." As such, my first few posts were in response to that reckless jumping to conclusion based on tweets in my opinion.

My next couple of post were in response to the fact that based on your post others seemed to be entertaining that Randall could be traded s I continued to lay out specific details as to  why he would not be traded. I specified and put forth the contract numbers as well the mindset of the Browns and Randall as a more general response to anyone thinking Randall is going to be traded not necessarily just to you.

So your hang up is my interpretation of a tweet.. cool. Moving along.

no one outside of maybe randall thinks he is going to be traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the browns trade up for greedy Williams who will be mad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

If the browns trade up for greedy Williams who will be mad?

In general I'm not into moving up this year. Just feel like the talent from like 15-50 seems pretty similar. Nothing against Greedy in particular, just a philosophical thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

In general I'm not into moving up this year. Just feel like the talent from like 15-50 seems pretty similar. Nothing against Greedy in particular, just a philosophical thing.

Yeah buddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

In general I'm not into moving up this year. Just feel like the talent from like 15-50 seems pretty similar. Nothing against Greedy in particular, just a philosophical thing.

I will pretty much be cool with whatever they do. It’ll be hard to screw up. I mean he’s not Mangini... 👀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

If the browns trade up for greedy Williams who will be mad?

If we’re going to be running zone 

I want Byron Murphy he’s my number 1 corner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×