zelbell

NFL Draft Discussion (Rounds 1-7)

Seems as though the Cards are, in fact, gonna take Kyler Murray.

If we want another Kevin zeitler, don’t count out beau benzschawel in round 3. He’s the best of the draftable Badgers. Corbett also plays center.

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If we’re going to be running zone 

I want Byron Murphy he’s my number 1 corner 

Murphy is a good zone player. Only thing about Murphy is he's terrible in press man or off man and isn't a forceful tackler imo. I'd rather a CB that is good at both than Murphy like Julian Love or Lonnie Johnson Jr. Who's to say how long Wilks is here. If he leaves and our next coach is more press man oriented Murphy wouldn't be the best scheme fit.

No team plays 100% zone and even when in zone various CB have man responsibilities. Even still Wilks' defense in 2017 was in zone 72.5% of the time (the most in the league). That stat of course can't tell us how often both versus 1 CB was in zone.

In 2018, with different personnel Wilks/Holcomb called some version of a zone call 59.7% of the time which was 14th most and close to the league average meany they played man nearly half the time.

12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Murphy is a good zone player. Only thing about Murphy is he's terrible in press man or off man and isn't a forceful tackler imo. I'd rather a CB that is good at both than Murphy like Julian Love or Lonnie Johnson Jr. Who's to say how long Wilks is here. If he leaves and our next coach is more press man oriented Murphy wouldn't be the best scheme fit.

No team plays 100% zone and even when in zone various CB have man responsibilities. Even still Wilks' defense in 2017 was in zone 72.5% of the time (the most in the league). That stat of course can't tell us how often both versus 1 CB was in zone.

In 2018, with different personnel Wilks/Holcomb called some version of a zone call 59.7% of the time which was 14th most and close to the league average meany they played man nearly half the time.

Give me Julian Love then lol I’ve been on him since I first watched him 

id be jumping up and down if we got him at 49

25 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Seems as though the Cards are, in fact, gonna take Kyler Murray.

Yeah I was angling to make a hot take and say it’ll be Bosa or Williams but it sounds like Kingsbury has had a chubby for him since high school. Looks like he’ll be the pick which I think will be a mistake. I think Murray has nfl traits, I just don’t think he’ll last with that body. 

26 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

If we want another Kevin zeitler, don’t count out beau benzschawel in round 3. He’s the best of the draftable Badgers. Corbett also plays center.

How’d you get around the language filter with that doozy?

37 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

If I was a GM I would have a draft rule. If there is a OSU DB on the board, take him. If there is a Wisconsin OL on the board, take him. If there is a Miami TE on the board, take him.

34 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

How’d you get around the language filter with that doozy?

I’ve typed it enough that it automatically recognized it 😂

My two Butch Davis’s this year are Rosen going to the giants and Haskins going to Cincinnati. That’s all I got. 

Posted (edited)

Final Picks 1-49, All-32 Teams Needs Best-Player Value Optimized Draft Predictions -- How I see draft day going if we don't trade up.

*accounts for team-centric dynamics and also how I think personnel execs actually view the various players' value not based on how the draftnik community views them

Round 1

1. Arizona Cardinals -- Kyler Murray, QB Oklahoma
2. San Francisco 49ers -- Quinnen Williams, DT/DE Alabama (Just better than Bosa; 49ers reportedly shopping Thomas if true Quinnen is it)  . 
3. **Trade**Washington (via New York Jets) -- Dwayne Haskins, QB Ohio St.  
4. Oakland Raiders -- Ed Oliver, DT Houston (Allen is not a scheme fit and Oliver used as a 3-tech instead of NT like at Houston will be a star)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Josh Allen, 34OLB Kentucky (Bosa is not perceived as a scheme fit)    
6. New York Giants --
Jawaan Taylor, OT Florida (Bosa is not perceived as a scheme fit)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Nick Bosa, DE Ohio St

8. Detroit  -- Devin White, LB LSU                                                                                                                                                                            
9. Buffalo --
 D.K. Metcalf, WR Ole Miss.                                                                                                                                                                  
10. Denver Broncos --
 T.J Hockenson / TE Iowa                                                                                         
11. Cincinnati Bengals -- 
Devin Bush / LB Michigan                                                                                      
12. **Trade** Atlanta Falcons (via Green Bay Packers) --
Rashan Gary / EDGE Michigan                                                                         
13.  Miami Dolphins --
Montez Sweat, DE Miss. St                                                                                                                        
14.  **Green Bay Packers (via Atlanta) -- 
Jonah Williams, OT Alabama  

15. **New York Jets (via Washington) -- Brian Burns, 34OLB Florida St.                      
16. Carolina Panthers --
Cody Ford, OG/RT Oklahoma                                                                                                                
17. New York Giants --
Daniel Jones, QB Duke                                                                                                           
18. Minnesota Vikings -- 
Andre Dillard / OT Washington St.                                                                                                                                            
19. Tennessee Titans --
 Garrett Bradbury / OC N. Carolina St.                                                 
20. Pittsburgh Steelers --
Byron Murphy, CB Washington                        
21. Seattle Seahawks -- 
Christian Wilkins / DT Clemson                                                                      
22. Baltimore Ravens -- 
A.J. Brown / WR Ole Miss                                                                                                                                                    
23. Houston Texans --
Greg Little, OT Ole Miss                
24. Oakland Raiders --  Julian Love / CB  Notre Dame                                                                     
25. Philadelphia Eagles --
 Dalton Risner / OL  Kansas St.                                                                                      
26. Indianapolis Colts --
Jonathan Abram, SS Miss. St.

27. Oakland Raiders -- Clelin Ferrell / DE Clemson                                            
28. Los Angeles Chargers -- 
Jerry Tillery / DT Notre Dame                                                                                                                                                                    
29. Seattle Seahawks (via Kansas City Chiefs) --
 Nasir Adderley / FS Delaware                                                                 
30. Green Bay Packers --
Noah Fant / TE Iowa                                                                                                        
31. Los Angeles Rams --
Chris Lindstrom, OG Boston College                                                                                                                                                      
32. **Trade** Denver Broncos (via New England) --
 Drew Lock / QB Missouri                                               .        

Round 2

33. Arizona -- Rock Ya-Sin / CB Temple Kentucky 
34. Indianapolis -- Lonnie Johnson Jr., CB                                                                                                                     
35. Oakland --  
Jeffery Simmons, DT Miss. St.                                                                   
36. San Francisco -- 
Marquise Brown / WR Oklahoma                                                                                                         
37. N.Y. Giants -- 
Dexter Lawrence, NT Clemson                                              
38. Jacksonville --
Josh Jacobs / RB Alabama                                                                                                         .
39. Tampa Bay -- 
Deandre Baker / CB Georgia                                                                                                                                           
40. Buffalo --
Irv Smith Jr. / TE Alabama       
41. New England (via Denver) --  Tytus Howard, OT Alabama State                                                                                                
42. Cincinnati --
Greedy Williams. CB LSU                                                        
43. Detroit --
Hjalte Froholdt, OC Arkansas          
44. Green Bay -- 
Hakeem Butler, WR Iowa State                                                                                                                                                                      
45. Atlanta --  
Max Scharping / OT Northern Illinois                                          
46. **Trade**New York Jets (via Washington) --
Chase Winovich / 34OLB Michigan 
47. Carolina -- Jace Sternberger, TE Texas A&M                                                         
48. Miami -- 
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, FS/NDB Florida  
49. Cleveland -- Darnell Savage, SS Maryland // Taylor Rapp, SS Washington // LJ Collier, DT-Convert TCU // Dre’Mont Jones, DT Ohio State (No to Jones Please)

Edited by Mind Character

The draft has been our SB for a long time.

But not this year and not tonight.

Think that instead of watching tonight I am going to catch some long-needed Zs. Sleeping Face on Google Android 9.0

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Give me Julian Love then lol I’ve been on him since I first watched him 

id be jumping up and down if we got him at 49

I wish ... a lot of talk from my family is that mayock is laser focused on Julian Love with one of his 2nd picks. Hopefully, this is not the case and we can get him somehow. Would be a perfect fit.

A prediction I have. Oakland is going to draft smart and add to the front 7. He wants vets on offense, so I don’t see him drafting offensive players in the first round.

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or does Kyler Murray seem like a prick. It's either that or he's just a really weird guy. 

He seems like the guy who is always up to something but won't share with anyone else and plays the 'too cool, card

Edited by AkronsWitness