NFL Draft Discussion (Rounds 1-7)

zelbell

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At least according to Spotrac, Randall’s dead cap number is the full 9 million, not sure how that works which a trade though as it’s all base salary and not bonus.

Anyone know?

I’m happy to make up an answer.

We’d be on the hook for the dead cap but not the direct cap/rollover into 2020 at the beginning of the league year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

giphy.gif

You know what you're right... that definitely must be about the trade to be announced on Friday and it couldn't possibly be about anything else. In fact, I'm here to report that we've indeed traded Damarious Randall and Duke Johnson in a packaged deal to the Carolina Panthers for Kai Nacua and cash considerations. It will be formally announced on Friday.

He also posted deal or no deal meme.

i dunno why you’re acting like I think he’ll be traded. I don’t think that. He’s just being a butthole because he wants a contract. He’s using speculation about all the browns players being used for trades to fuel his growing discontention. 

Not discussing Brett Hundley seems odd to you?

giphy.gif 

As odd as those not discussing RGIII to the Ravens as precursor to the attempted acquisition of Lamar Jackson as a stylistic fit QB/Offensive room and the expulsion of Flacco.

Brett Hundley is the RGIII in this situation. Just have been thinking this entire draft season in which Murray to the Cards has been talked about ad nauseam from the Kingsbury-Murray or Rosen in the dark angle that the Hundley thing has been an apparent sign.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In English.

I would assume that if we trade him, the team we trade him to has to pay his salary, but we would eat a % of the cap hit or cap space this season (different from money we have to pay) for 2019, albeit in 2020 it wouldn’t matter. Also I am assuming this is the case as that’s basically what the Giants have with Vernon for this year as a similar comparison.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

As odd as those not discussing RGIII to the Ravens as precursor to the attempted acquisition of Lamar Jackson as a stylistic fit QB/Offensive room and the expulsion of Flacco.

Brett Hundley is the RGIII in this situation. Just have been thinking this entire draft season in which Murray to the Cards has been talked about ad nauseam from the Kingsbury-Murray or Rosen in the dark angle that the Hundley thing has been an apparent sign.

Uh huh...

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg 

• Like 3

At least according to Spotrac, Randall’s dead cap number is the full 9 million, not sure how that works which a trade though as it’s all base salary and not bonus.

Anyone know?

Pretty sure we would have to apply the full dead money amount to the cap if he’s traded just like the Giants had to with OBJ

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I would assume that if we trade him, the team we trade him to has to pay his salary, but we would eat a % of the cap hit or cap space this season (different from money we have to pay) for 2019, albeit in 2020 it wouldn’t matter. Also I am assuming this is the case as that’s basically what the Giants have with Vernon for this year as a similar comparison.

In that case seems like trading him wouldn’t be too likely.  

No sense in trading him, eating into our rollover cap space and creating another hole to fill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In that case seems like trading him wouldn’t be too likely.  

No sense in trading him, eating into our rollover cap space and creating another hole to fill.

Can we get a comp pick for him since we traded for him or no?

37 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

He also posted deal or no deal meme.

i dunno why you’re acting like I think he’ll be traded. I don’t think that. He’s just being a butthole because he wants a contract. He’s using speculation about all the browns players being used for trades to fuel his growing discontention. 

He's one of the most outspoken, stream of consciousness, say what's on the top of his mind players in the league. You can't hang on his every word and assume "he feels like he's getting traded and gone after Friday" as if you know his mindset and what every tweet is about and references. The tweets to Kwon and Donovan were assumed from your mind to mean "he thinks he's getting traded or will be gone Friday."

So, are you saying you are learning something new about Demarious mindset regarding his contract b/c of the deal or no deal tweet and tweets about him wanting to get paid??

Because imo anyone if we've been paying attention to the offseason as fans we'd know:

1.) Demarious wants a new contract b/c he's headed into his contract year and he's like every player/person.

2a.) The safeties in their final year got paid huge, insane dollars in free agency resetting the safety market

2b) @LETSGOBROWNIES With market reset, the Browns likely thought it more prudent cap wise to either wait until next offseason for the market to adjust downward, wait until next offseason letting Randall's play/injury adjust his market value downward, or more importantly wait for the Franchise Tag next offseason that will be around 12 Million because that 12 Mil + the 9 Mil pay this year for Randall would cost 21 million over two years carrying to Randall's 28-29 year old season without huge guaranteed money commitment which would be a TON less than committing 13-14 mil a year with 34-40 guaranteed with 15-20 mil signing bonus like the Landon Collins, Earl Thomas, or Tryan Mathieu contracts, especially when the team is not sure they want to give up the cost control and flexibility they have now.

3.) Demarious being a human being like us likely naturally thought "hey where's my money I want to get paid like my peers I'm better than a lot of these guys getting paid,

4) I'm frustrated and upset and disappointed we can't work out a deal before I hit the market

Us as fans should know that given his outspoken off the top of his mind nature that he'd likely say something or reference those feeling AND more importantly he could say such things and still be all in for this season and love the team.

Free Agency reset the market so that it's not advantageous for the browns to give up the right to pay him at a discount this year on his 5th year option then franchise him which would be far less than the multiyear commitment given the current safety market. Has nothing to do with us wanting to trade Randall nor is he being a "butt" as you said it b/c the man wants/complains about what he's rightfully earned amongst his peers market.

Edited by Mind Character