Schobert potentially could be traded?

buno67

I would be absolutely angered by this. 

I want to see what Joe could do in Silks scheme and how he responds to being coached by one of the better LB coaches in the league. LB is Already a weakness, trading him makes no sense unless they go hard after Devin White

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Unless they like kirksey at middle? 

Unless we get a mid 1st whiich we ont get it isnt worth it. 

How many years have we been shredded by mediocre tes because our linebacker have no clue? 

It would be a stupid move. 

Browns pass coverage was rated 9th overall vs TEs last year. I think TEs have killed our safeties the most. Hell, it’s hard to cover a TE when you have no safety leverage behind you. Any decent NFL QB should be able to lead a TE to beat a LB who has coverage underneath the route. Past two seasons with Greggg the Browns allowed such high windows over the middle that would allowed our LBs to get hurt. Prolly would have been worse if it wasn’t for Joe. Want to see safety play that actually forces QBs to try and thread some of those passes. Where now they are actually playable to be defended by a LB and maybe even picked off. I think Kuechly feasted on that 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Browns pass coverage was rated 9th overall vs TEs last year. I think TEs have killed our safeties the most. Hell, it’s hard to cover a TE when you have no safety leverage behind you. Any decent NFL QB should be able to lead a TE to beat a LB who has coverage underneath the route. Past two seasons with Greggg the Browns allowed such high windows over the middle that would allowed our LBs to get hurt. Prolly would have been worse if it wasn’t for Joe. Want to see safety play that actually forces QBs to try and thread some of those passes. Where now they are actually playable to be defended by a LB and maybe even picked off. I think Kuechly feasted on that 

Joe has been great in coverage which is why we shouldn't let him go. Otherwise tight ends will do what they have always done to us, kill us in the passing game. 

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I dont understand why this would be a thing outside of 'hes a Sashi pick' blehhh

It would be creating a immediate hole in a extremely shallow position group already in a draft where arguably the weakest position group is LB.

The only way it makes sense is if we truly don’t value LBs that much and want more safeties instead.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

The only way it makes sense is if we truly don’t value LBs that much and want more safeties instead.

Yeah, but that would leave us with only 1 legitimate starting caliber LB on team. I get that Schobert has his weaknesses, but hes still a good LB and he is only 25 years old with room to grow.

I think trading him away because of scheme, salary concerns, ''we didnt draft him', finding a cheaper draft replacement or whatever else would be the definition of overthinking it.

Also, this came from Albert Breer who if I remember correct was certain Josh McDaniels was our next HC--so I take what he reports as more of dart tosses and not concrete info. 

He really isn't that good of a football player. I think we could easily replicate his production with someone else at MLB, but in no way, shape, or form would I give him away for nothing. He's a very solid player and I'd love to keep him. That being said, if we could get a 2nd round pick or a 3rd & 5th I'd consider it.

The other problem is that this LB class is freaking putrid. There would be no reason to get rid of Schobert, as there is no solid replacement in this draft class. In 99% of other drafts it'd be easy to make a swap. I'd consider trading him next off-season when we could draft a new MLB (loaded ILB class) or sign one in FA.

Would you guys trade Joe Schobert, Duke Johnson, and our 2nd round pick for Luke Kuechly? He's had significant concussion issues, but man is he dominant when he's on the field.