How important are the first two weeks of the season?

turtle28

On Cooley and Kevin this morning they discussed how important the first two weeks of this season were. We open up at home against Philadelphia and then travel to LA to face McVay and the Rams. After that we have to at home in a Sunday Night game against Oakland and then finish up the first quarter of the season at Kansas City on Monday Night.

Its pretty clear to be that it's very important that we at least start off 1-1 because  Oakland and Kansas City seem to be better than us and those games are prime time games.

What say you?

Very important. 

Philly- loss

Rams- 50-50. they win if their HC runs the ball 35 times. I they run less then we could beat them. 

Oakland- they humiliate the Redskins defense and This is the game Kurt gets hammered

KC- not even close

haven't checked the lines yet but my lines would be 

Philly-4

Rams-pick em but trending to -1

Oakland -6

KC--7.5

The only teams I would favor us in a home game at this point  are (none in the NFC ) Jets, Cleveland and Jacksonville. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

haven't checked the lines yet but my lines would be 

Philly-4

Let me help
https://www.vegas.com/gaming/sportsline/football/ (the layout is awful, but the site I ususally used is now blocked -_-)
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/odds

Caesars-Hilton: WAS -1, -115 money line
MGM-Mirage: WAS -1
Stations: -110 money line
5Dimes.eu: +0 (+100), -135 money line
BETNOW.eu: -1 (-110), -115 money line
MYBOOKIE.AG: +0 (-105)
BOVADA.lv: +0 (-110)

So, basically a push or miniscule favorite for us, most likely due to it being a home game. On a neutral field, Philly's favored by 2 or 3.

Getting back to the original question: we desperately need to come out of these first two games with at the very least a 1-1 (and the non-loss assuredly needs to be the Eagles). If we don't, we're essentially done.

Archived