2019 Cornerback Coffee Talk, no big whoop...

vike daddy

10 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

We need to trade for Jalen Ramsey.

i just read, yes, that he's asking for one.

The Jaguars have talked with teams about a Ramsey trade but don’t plan to move him, according to the reports.

The 24-year-old Ramsey is a very talented cornerback and would surely draw significant interest in a trade. This season he’s very affordable, at a base salary of $3.6 million, while next season his salary skyrockets to $13.7 million, and he may want a new contract soon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/16/jalen-ramseys-agent-asked-jaguars-to-trade-him/

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

i just read, yes, that he's asking for one.

The Jaguars have talked with teams about a Ramsey trade but don’t plan to move him, according to the reports.

The 24-year-old Ramsey is a very talented cornerback and would surely draw significant interest in a trade. This season he’s very affordable, at a base salary of $3.6 million, while next season his salary skyrockets to $13.7 million, and he may want a new contract soon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/16/jalen-ramseys-agent-asked-jaguars-to-trade-him/

He would solidify the secondary and make Trae Waynes expendable. 

15 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

We need to trade for Jalen Ramsey.

Yes, this is a must!  If he goes to New England, football is broken.  If he goes to Green Bay, might as well stop watching right now. The other possiblity would be the Chiefs which is a sickening thought. SO?!  Spielmans job should be based on where Ramsey ends up.  We should offer 5 - 2nd round picks and see what happens.  Also move Rudolph and maybe some other older contracts.  

It's bad enough we couldn't get Minkah.  Are we just content being a middle road team?  I expect every draft pick to be better than Minkah from here on out if our picks are worth more than him.  If Ramsey gets moved for a 1st rounder, it better be ours.  We won't get a QB in the first round next year anyhow, and Ramsey will be better than anything else.  If Cousins stinks we need to tank for Lawrence, but God please save this season.  We can win without a good QB.  But we need to let up max 10-17 pts per game, hence Ramsey or bust.

2 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

It's bad enough we couldn't get Minkah.  Are we just content being a middle road team?  I expect every draft pick to be better than Minkah from here on out if our picks are worth more than him.  If Ramsey gets moved for a 1st rounder, it better be ours.  We won't get a QB in the first round next year anyhow, and Ramsey will be better than anything else.  If Cousins stinks we need to tank for Lawrence, but God please save this season.  We can win without a good QB.  But we need to let up max 10-17 pts per game, hence Ramsey or bust.

You mean the last post wasn't sarcasm?

49 minutes ago, Viking Penguin said:

How do you plan on paying that diva corner?

59 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

right, i'm sure that will be Zimmer's plan too.

Exactly. Unless Zimmer and Spielman are fired at the end of the year, there’s no reason to speculate this. Both are coaching/managing for their jobs. I think Zimmer is safe but Spielman should be on the hot seat after years of failing to find a QB (assuming Cousins continues on his trajectory from last year). 

27 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Exactly. Unless Zimmer and Spielman are fired at the end of the year, there’s no reason to speculate this. Both are coaching/managing for their jobs. I think Zimmer is safe but Spielman should be on the hot seat after years of failing to find a QB (assuming Cousins continues on his trajectory from last year). 

The head coach is almost never safe when the GM changes. If the GM is hired late enough in the year Zimmer may be gifted one year from the new GM, but after that the new GM will want to hire his guy. Zimmer would have to convince the new GM that he was the guy the GM wants.