2019 Cornerback Coffee Talk, no big whoop...

vike daddy

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

I think Ramsey and Zimmer would get along great too... No chance a move like that would blow up in their face.

Now, I'm not advocating going in for Ramsey.  But, if I recall correctly, Zimmer did a pretty decent job coaching PacMan Jones when he was in Cincinnati.

6 hours ago, Viking Penguin said:

It's bad enough we couldn't get Minkah.  Are we just content being a middle road team?  I expect every draft pick to be better than Minkah from here on out if our picks are worth more than him.  If Ramsey gets moved for a 1st rounder, it better be ours.  We won't get a QB in the first round next year anyhow, and Ramsey will be better than anything else.  If Cousins stinks we need to tank for Lawrence, but God please save this season.  We can win without a good QB.  But we need to let up max 10-17 pts per game, hence Ramsey or bust.

Yeah that is crazy, Minkah is a total Pro Bowler in the future for potentially years I think.  It was Minkah and a 4th and 6th round pick for a 1st rounder and a 5th and a 6th I think.  So basically a Pro Bowl level DB who can play corner, slot or safety for pretty much a 1st round pick.  That is it?  That seems nuts to me and yeah the Vikings should have been all over that.  But bot sure they are as needy as the Steelers were of course, Rhodes has been rough early this year but is not worth giving up on.  But if Hughes does not come back healthy and good they will have to draft or CB high in the draft anyways.  And a guy like Minkah would not be around where they pick regardless, same with Ramsey.  

Ramsey is a 1st team All Pro and Pro Bowler not potential Pro Bowl level player, so he would require a lot more than what Minkah was for.  

If say Cousins is bad this year they will use a 1st or 2nd rounder to get a QB.  Fromm could fall to them in the 2nd and I would take him there.  I would not mind Love either in the 1st or Ehlinger or even Burrow in the 2nd.  Same with Eason who has super arm talent, so they have options if Cousins does indeed play like this the rest of the season.  Even if Kirk does do well they need a back and or developmental QB since they got rid of Sloter.  Heck I would sign Kyle Sloter off the Arizona practice squad and cut Mannion honestly, or if they want Mannion they could cut Meadors.  At least then they would have a future developmental guy to build at least.

21 hours ago, Viking Penguin said:

It's bad enough we couldn't get Minkah.  Are we just content being a middle road team?  I expect every draft pick to be better than Minkah from here on out if our picks are worth more than him.  If Ramsey gets moved for a 1st rounder, it better be ours.  We won't get a QB in the first round next year anyhow, and Ramsey will be better than anything else.  If Cousins stinks we need to tank for Lawrence, but God please save this season.  We can win without a good QB.  But we need to let up max 10-17 pts per game, hence Ramsey or bust.

Minkah or Ramsey doesn't make the offense better.

• Like 1

Mike Hughes, a first-round pick who impressed upon arrival in Minnesota and through his first six pro games, practiced fully last Friday. It was his first such session since he was preparing for the Vikings-Cardinals game in Week 6 of his rookie campaign.

Hughes: “It feels good just to get out here and finally do some football drills and just to be out here with my brothers, get back on the field and compete. I’ve been taking everything in stride, and I’m just ready to play. I just want to get the OK from the coaches and the doctors, I’m sure they’re going to do everything in my best interest. I’m just following the plan and trusting the process. Whenever they decide I’m ready to play, I’ll be ready.  I feel like I’m ready.”

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-mike-hughes-injury-explains-joy-fully-practicing-getting-closer-return?sf219693176=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

If Ramsey’s issues with Jacksonville stem from Doug Marrone? I wouldn’t deal Ramsey either. I’d be compiling a list of his possible replacements next year. 

That’s dangerous to have to accommodate your best player, who isn’t a super star QB, to that extreme. Marrone probably deserves to be fired but not because he couldn’t keep Ramsey happy.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

That’s dangerous to have to accommodate your best player, who isn’t a super star QB, to that extreme. Marrone probably deserves to be fired but not because he couldn’t keep Ramsey happy.

Who says you’re doing it just to accommodate the player? Or who says that the player isn’t right about the situation?

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Do other players have an issue with Marrone? Would seem you’d hear about more players wanting out like what has come out of Miami.

Very rarely do players ask to be traded just because they’re on a bad team. Miami is the exception as they really have made it clear that they don’t want to win. Besides, only one source (PFT) reported that players were seeking trades out of Miami.