Bold Prediction Thread

BayRaider

What are some bold predictions you actually believe could happen? Obviously we have crazy, crazy surprises the 1st Round every year but not many people think outside the box. 

Here are mine:

- 5 QBs go in the 1st

- Josh Jacobs doesn’t get selected in the 1st Round. 

- Noah Fant doesn’t get selected in the 1st Round (although 27-32 range is definitely possible)

- Patriots go QB at 32. Ryan Finley, Will Grier, or Daniel Jones. I’d guess Finley. 

- Rashan Gary gets picked in the 20’s (not sure if this is that bold)

- Haskins falls to 15 or later. 

Obviously these could all be false but it’s fun to have some bold predictions. 

1. Kyler Murray does not go number one, and it is leaked the reason is he refused to sign a contract with a no baseball clause. The Cardinals wanted him #1, but couldn't do it when they were allowed to negotiate a contract and couldn't get that clause. Because of this news Murray falls and is the talk of the show, then the big twist is the Patriots take him with the 32nd pick and he signs without a no baseball clause. Murray acts as Tom Brady's backup, while also pursuing a baseball career. He only puts baseball on hold when Tom declares a year as his last, and Murray ends up being the succession plan.
2. Jachai Polite, once a top 15 prospect, goes undrafted.
3. Greg Little is the first Ole Miss prospect selected.
4. An Alabama RB is not the first RB off the board.
5. The Raiders draft three offensive players with their first four draft selections.

• Like 1

The Cards will trade down from 1 and pick somewhere between 4 and 8. The compensation will not be overwhelming like usually when you trade the #1 pick, but the Cards will take it. After an early run on the top defenders, Kyler Murray slips to the Cards. In this process, Rosen gets traded to the Fins, Skins our Giants for a mid 1st round pick. This pick and the little haul the Cards receive for the 1st overall pick will set them up to build an Air Raid dynasty around Kyler Murray.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trojan said:

1. Kyler Murray does not go number one, and it is leaked the reason is he refused to sign a contract with a no baseball clause. The Cardinals wanted him #1, but couldn't do it when they were allowed to negotiate a contract and couldn't get that clause. Because of this news Murray falls and is the talk of the show, then the big twist is the Patriots take him with the 32nd pick and he signs without a no baseball clause. Murray acts as Tom Brady's backup, while also pursuing a baseball career. He only puts baseball on hold when Tom declares a year as his last, and Murray ends up being the succession plan.
2. Jachai Polite, once a top 15 prospect, goes undrafted.
3. Greg Little is the first Ole Miss prospect selected.
4. An Alabama RB is not the first RB off the board.
5. The Raiders draft three offensive players with their first four draft selections.

He rejected a no baseball clause?

16 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

He rejected a no baseball clause?

I don't know if you are serious or not, but this is the bold prediction thread, and that was pretty much the key bold part of the prediction -- and not something that has happened. He hasn't rejected a no baseball clause in real life to the best of my knowledge. Just if he did and the unique situation of an immortal Brady, baseball for Murray while Patriots hold his football rights for 5 years would be interesting imo. By refusing that clause he could maybe force his way to the dynasty team, and pursue baseball a while longer while collecting two checks.

Edited by Trojan

- Devin White goes #5 to TB, and if this happens and he is off the board for DEN at #10, I think the Redskins trade up with DEN to take Haskins. In doing so, they would jump the Bengals and Dolphins who could both take Haskins.

- Rashan Gary falls out of the top 20, and ends up with the Raiders at #24. 

- The Giants take a DE and DT in Round 1, and wait until early Round 2 for a QB, which will end up being either Ryan Finley or Will Grier.

- Darnell Savage goes in Round 1. In looking for a fit in Round 1, I'm saying SEA at #29.

- My Eagles go CB at #25, and take the local guy Rock Ya-Sin from Temple.

Two OTs (Taylor and Dillard) are picked in the top 10.

Three "player for picks" trades are completed with "on the clock" teams in th first. I'd imagine Clowney, Peterson and Chris Harris Jr are the players. 

Dwayne Haskins goes ahead of Kyler Murray.

Daniel Jones goes ahead of Drew Lock.

Ed Oliver goes top 5.