Packerraymond's Final Mock Draft

Packerraymond

Like it a lot.  Love the trade down and the possibility of grabbing the guy we had targeted at 12 still.  I'd prefer a better TE prospect but I could live with the Moreau/ Wilson combo.

I don't understand the infatuiation some have with adding a tackle who will be surely buried on the depth chart if we stay healthy.  We've got an elite set of tackles and a back  up who is a better player than probably any tackle in this draft.  Some will not be happy unless they see 100% of this draft dedicated to the offense and defensive lines which IMO happens to be our best and deepest groups right now.  

Really like this draft.  Taking big risks with the trade down, then selecting Burns.  But I dig it.  With the medicals, maybe Sweat is an option via that trade down, too.

I really like Metcalf at #30.  It's a nice risk to take there.

The rest...solid.  Really like the corner selection, Layne.  

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

On D.K.. I know it's hard to tell, but would GB's medical staff be ok with his neck?

Also, if the neck is good do you have to trade up from 30?

All depends where the injury occurred. We flunked Collins/Finley/Thompson but Sean Richardson we passed and let continue to play. No NFL team took any chances on those 3 either, yet DK was cleared by both an outside doc and the Combine staff so I'd say his is much less serious of a place.

Really like the draft after Round 1.   Would prefer we just take Bush ourselves.  Do not like Metcalf anywhere Round 1.  The neck is bothersome, but his game is not going to translate to the NFL.  Top straight line speed coupled with great size, but he is not an athlete beyond that.  I believe he will struggle to separate in the NFL.  You can scheme out his great gift, speed plus size.  He is not Sterling Sharpe in that regard.  Better speed, total project with limited athleticism otherwise.

AJ Brown would be a better fit at 30 than Metcalf. Metcalf's agility is horrible. I'd flip Sharping and Layne around. Other than that, I'm down with this as well. Like the Moreau pick as well. Dude's flying under the radar IMHO.

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I'll take this in a second over Demovsky's Dillard/Simmons draft last night. Two guys who wont see the field in 2019 when we're trying to win now. Give me Burns/Metcalf all day over that.

I'd rather have 2 guys who will contribute in year 2 vrs 2 guys who never contribute.

The 2 players I want the least, Burns and Metcalf. Other than that, nice draft!

14 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Do not like. I have a long shift on Saturday and there is no way I wouldn't drink too much celebrating the first two day's haul to not be riding the struggle bus. If i was better at responsible drinking I'd give this a 10 out of 10.

There is this thing called: "paid time off," it also usually happens after: "sure, I'll have one more, but that's it!"

I like everything about this draft except the first 11 picks. :D

Seriously though, Burns at 20 makes a bit more sense than 12. Hate the WR at 30. Like the next three guys a lot, but not certain you have the order they will be drafted in correct. Love the double dip at TE but not enamored with either player. 

If you switched the pick at 30 with either Jeffrey Simmons or Jerry Tillery, I'd be all in. Oh, and give me a kicker in the 7th round please.