The Murder of Laci Peterson

BobbyPhil1781

Anyone else watching this on A&E?? I'm hooked! I was in college at the time and had no cable so I did not see this as it unfolded. Quite frankly, I probably didn't even know it existed until this show came about. When I was in school, I took it very seriously during the day and let loose at night lol. No time for TV.

I'm trying my best to keep this a secret as to what happens but as of now, I'm not entirely sure how they pinned this on Scott. What is the most confusing (from where the show left off) is the police suggest he killed her on the 23rd but there were so many eye witnesses that suggest they saw her walking her dog the next day. To piggy back off of that, Scott left his house on Xmas Eve at 10:30ish or so and went to his work to send an email (confirmed by the investigation) then went fishing where he came home after to find her missing. So if he were to kill her that day, it wouldn't had to have been prior to him leaving for his office to send those emails. Well, again, people said they saw her walking the dog even after that time. To me, it seems pretty open and close as of right now. From where I'm at in the story, they just found the body in the Bay. There were eye witnesses that suggest there is no way he could've had a body in that boat to dump due to it's size and not been noticeable. =

Obviously I will have to watch this until the end to see what they exactly have on this guy but as of now, there is literally nothing except him being a cheater. You don't get death row for cheating on your pregnant wife. There has to be more and I'm anxious to find out what it is.

Did they ever have physical evidence against him in the crime? I know that there were a lot of things that made him look guilty, and I'm pretty sure he was, but I hadn't seen anything that actually tied him to the murder (weapon, dna, etc). Given how she was found and everything, I know that would have been super hard. 

Put this in This Ain't Sports Talk because there's no way something like this can be considered entertainment.  Don't know how you people watch stuff like that.  I'd get the same amount of entertainment out of this as watching videos of puppies dying. 

Sorry to spoil it for you but this was more obvious than the OJ case. Scott is so clearly guilty. Did you get to the point where he drove to the location her body was found multiple times a day? They had a tracker on him.

I've seen toooo much of this case. Mostly because I lived in the same city it happened in, Modesto California. She was the teacher of my cousin at the time it happened.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Put this in This Ain't Sports Talk because there's no way something like this can be considered entertainment.  Don't know how you people watch stuff like that.  I'd get the same amount of entertainment out of this as watching videos of puppies dying. 

It's a TV show. I mean, you could consider Making A Murderer the same thing, right? That was widely accepted in this forum.

Anywho...

I briefly read some of the comments but I think I started this thread prematurely. Something obviously must happen to make Scott as easily guilty as people are saying here so I guess I'll have to stay tuned and find out. Obviously if the show has an agenda, they'll leave something out so once that's done, it's time for me to research it myself and see what was possibly left out.

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

It's a TV show. I mean, you could consider Making A Murderer the same thing, right? That was widely accepted in this forum.

For the record, I wasn't complaining about this being here, I was just saying that to make a point.  I'm a lot of things, but I'm not a thread Nazi.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Anywho...

I briefly read some of the comments but I think I started this thread prematurely. Something obviously must happen to make Scott as easily guilty as people are saying here so I guess I'll have to stay tuned and find out. Obviously if the show has an agenda, they'll leave something out so once that's done, it's time for me to research it myself and see what was possibly left out.

I haven't watched the show but it could be doing the same thing as Making a Murderer. Bias towards the defendant making him look innocent. I watched Making a Murderer before I ever knew about the case and was baffled how he got convicted. Then researched it myself after and the guy is guilty as sin. 

I watched the first episode and was definitely hooked. Being in Central Cali, it definitely had a huge media frenzy at the time, though I couldn't tell you how crazy it was since I was pretty young and lacked the sense of details. It's no different than the crime/forensics shows you watched on Discovery/I.D. Really interesting and even educational...

On 8/31/2017 at 11:27 AM, Forge said:

Did they ever have physical evidence against him in the crime? I know that there were a lot of things that made him look guilty, and I'm pretty sure he was, but I hadn't seen anything that actually tied him to the murder (weapon, dna, etc). Given how she was found and everything, I know that would have been super hard. 

The only physical evidence was a pair of pilers that were rusted shut and had a strand of her hair on it

On 8/31/2017 at 0:44 PM, BayRaider said:

Sorry to spoil it for you but this was more obvious than the OJ case. Scott is so clearly guilty. Did you get to the point where he drove to the location her body was found multiple times a day? They had a tracker on him.

I've seen toooo much of this case. Mostly because I lived in the same city it happened in, Modesto California. She was the teacher of my cousin at the time it happened.

You have a link for this? 

OK soooo another episode and more BS from the prosecution.

"He killed her the night before in his kitchen".... "Oh wait, JK, lol, he killed her that morning after she was done looking at sunflower umbrellas and watching Martha Stewart".........

This dude was guilty the second he didn't act the way people expected him to. Now all the removed jury members. This is fishy af. Looking forward to next weeks since there are people who say he is guilty w/o any doubt at all. Right now, all I know is the prosecution has no damn clue when the murder occurred as they say it happened the night before, then the next day, while completely discrediting the numerous people who saw her walking her dog that morning after he left to go to the warehouse.

From what I gather, Scott is a lying, cheating, PoS but there are A LOT of people who are like that and aren't even jailed, let alone on death row lol.

Again, once it's over, I'll do some more independent research to see if there was an agenda but so far, the fact he's on death row is absolutely laughable. 

Archived