Sign in to follow this  
.Buzz

Telvin Smith possibly available?

He's got a big cap hit and Myles Jack really should be a WLB probably, so yeah...i'd bet his name has been floated.

Personally, i like Telvin as a WLB significantly more than Jack...but the price difference is hard to ignore, and Telvin did have a slightly down season with Myles sucking in the middle beside him.

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

He's got a big cap hit and Myles Jack really should be a WLB probably, so yeah...i'd bet his name has been floated.

Personally, i like Telvin as a WLB significantly more than Jack...but the price difference is hard to ignore, and Telvin did have a slightly down season with Myles sucking in the middle beside him.

Cap hit might be a big difference but it wont be if/when Jack gets paid 

I hope Telvin bounces back and we can keep both. He needs to rebound if he wants to stay 

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

weve yet to see Jack get time at WLB but i can tell you that jack at WLB would improve our pass coverage cuz telvin blows in coverage. 

Still cant imagine he’s going anywhere until after the season. Have to see if he bounces back. If he doesnt then he’s probably gone and we keep Jack or vice versa

Yeah with our win now mode, it really doesn't make sense to trade him.

29 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Yeah with our win now mode, it really doesn't make sense to trade him.

How win-now are we? I mean i keep hearing it but is 10-6 even in play this year?

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How win-now are we? I mean i keep hearing it but is 10-6 even in play this year?

Personally I think we're a 8-8 maybe 9-7 team. But my expectations and those inside the organization are clearly different lol

2 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Personally I think we're a 8-8 maybe 9-7 team. But my expectations and those inside the organization are clearly different lol

Im leaning 8-8 or 7-9 

3 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Im leaning 8-8 or 7-9 

that is pretty much a solid range (7 to 9 wins). anything outside of that would be failure or exceeding expectation. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

that is pretty much a solid range (7 to 9 wins). anything outside of that would be failure or exceeding expectation. 

I think its going to be one of those seasons that just with; man if we had stayed healthy type of seasons. I think we are going to have some games that the team is completely healthy and they are going to look like they can beat anybody, but they are just going to be to nicked up ultimately.

Edited by DuvalsKing

Just now, DuvalsKing said:

I think its going to be one of those seasons that just with man if we just could have stayed healthy type of seasons. I think we are going to have some games that the team is completely healthy and they are going to look like they can beat anybody but they are just going to be to nicked up ultimately.

I see it similar to the past couple of years...

with our style it's going to be close games and one play here or there can be the difference between 2-3 games (if not more) in a season.