Final pre-draft mock

GWH87

Effort with this mock was to arm the defense and offense best with the first 4 picks. After Madison reported I dropped our OL depth need down some to the 4th round, not that he is the answer but feel we have a capable body now to push competition. A few players we selected due to their instant impact on special teams right away as well and we need to turn around our game there. Playmaking will be back with our offense and defense with this draft while making up for the 2015 debacle Ted left us without.    

**Thoughts, comments, emotional outbursts and irrational thinking welcomed**

1(12) Ed Oliver DL Houston

Our defense will begin to melt QB’s faces with this pick. Luxury pick after great haul in FA, this also allows us flexibility looking to Daniels being an FA next season. This pick alone will make our defense scary good.

1(30) Noah Fant TE Iowa

Physical and recieving chops that will make him the next big thing at TE in the league. Having 12 get the ball to him will allow us to see what it could’ve been like with Graham. New toy for Aaron which will take coverage and potential pressure off the WR group. As great as his receiving accolades are his blocking isn’t too far behind and gets over looked at times. Great vertical threat we need outside the redzone going in.

2(44) Darnell Savage S Maryland 

Ample range, nasty hitter when needed, ability to drop into nickle role is key for the different looks Pettine throws out there. Is a ball hawk that will make the plays we need our safeties to make, with that said his aggressive nature will need to mature some and he will get burnt being so aggressive at times. I can live with that and Amos teaching him that tactical ropes in the league. Great duo moving forward now.

3(75) Mercole Hardman WR Georgia 

The crown jewel pick of the entire draft, this guy can do it all. Best over the top game speed in the draft this year along with his shiftiness to get where he wants and be gone. Great with the ball in his hands, whether its YAC, out of the backfield or in the punt return game. We will want the ball in his hands as much as possible. Special teams becoming special again.

4(107) Maxx Crosby Edge E Michigan (trade up w/ Raiders 4(119) + Future 4th)

Another combine hit here, not super twitchy but has the tools needed to be successful off the edge in the league. Will have spot roles to start and provide valuable depth as well as special teams help sorely needed. Long hair don’t care returns to our defense! 

4(115) Donnell Greene OL Minnesota

335 isn’t supposed to move like Greene does, this is a great tool to add to our future OL in our new scheme. Devestating hand strength that can overwhelm defenders and should be a more than capable replacement to Bulaga once he hangs it up. High ceiling with the right coaching in the league will get him performing well.

5(151) Josiah Tauaefa LB UTSA

His movement skills coupled with his motor and range as a football player make this some what of a nice sleeper pick up. Has to be coached up some but will have the ability to contribute right away on special teams and also make some great competition with Burks to really get the next up guy ready after Jake Ryan departed.

6(186) Jimmy Moreland CB JMU

Blazing speed in low 4.4 to high 4.3 range, Jack rabbit quick and always looking to make the big play. Small school so may translate slow to NFL speed and processing which is why he falls, but he fills out the backend of our CBs nicely.

6(196) Darrin Hall RB Pittsburgh

Lacking in elite traits but we don’t need that in the backfield, has great burst and vision which allow him to get LBs out of position only to cut back against them with great effectiveness. Can get north in a hurry which will be a ++ in our offense moving forward. Is big and know how to use it as needed to drive for yardage, contact balance needs some work but good late pickup.

7(228) D’Cota Dixon S Wisconsin

Great development safety prospect to add to our defense and and even better person. Great leader which will help support a positive locker room. Special teams ace in the making here.

UDFA 

Cole Holcomb LB UNC

Arod, Kizer, Boyle

Jones, Williams, Hall

Graham, Fant, Tonyon

Tae, MVS, Allison, ESB, Hardman, Kummy

Bahk, Bulaga, Linsley, Taylor, GreeneTurner, Siragusa, Spriggs, Madison

Clark, Daniels, Oliver, Lowry, Adams, Lancaster

Z SmithP Smith, Fackrell, Crosby, Gilbert    

Blake, Burks, TauaefaHolcomb

Jaire, King, Jackson, Tramon, Brown, Moreland

AmosSavage, Jones, Greene, Dixon

Crosby, Scott, Bradley

Go Pack Go!!

Edited by GWH87
Siragusa
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Ed Oliver is going to be long gone.

So will Fant.  Mocks always overly optimistic.  A lot of guys we have heard of and all like.  Might get one pick right we'll see.  Why I quit doing mocks.  Always left scratching my head like Who?  Why?  They didn't take my guy.  Proceed to study up on the players taken who I haven't heard of and then settle down.  I want 3 or 4 starters from this draft and I'll be happy.  That's another thing get all excited like every pick is going to be an all pro.  Then think it through and ok at least half of these guys are going to bust out.  Never know which ones.  Believe in Gute think highly of him.  Solid GM think they will have a productive draft.

• Like 1