NFL Draft GDT: Day One (no spoiled picks!!)

Forge

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I don't think you are hearing me. I said that in the 4-3 under he is essentially playing a 34 OLB role. He is versatile enough to play off the ball in a 4-3 on the strong side and man up TEs. The guy has good hips and is explosive. 

Allen could use refinement with the variety of his pass rushing moves for sure, but having 17 sacks in the SEC when you are BY FAR the best player on your team (and therefore are the #1 person teams gameplan against) and you dominate on all three downs means something. Highlight tapes don't tell the whole story. 

Just wait until he develops an inside spin and a viable swim move. He will put tackles in the spin cycle and they won't know where he is going. 

You aren't drafting him for who he is today (still a damn good player) but for the player he will be in the future

simon_cowell_gif_youre_awesome_the_x_fac

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Jets don’t take QW, Raiders take QW and are praised instead of s***ed on. What a difference one pick makes. 

Williams was BPA probably. Ferrel wasn't BPA at the time. I agree he won't bust though - people will forget his position soon.

• Like 1

No doubt coming into the league fresh on the heels of Baker Mayfield's fantastic rookie season played a role in alleviating any fears a smaller guy like Kyler can carry a team. Yes, Russell played huge role in changing that perception too. Glad teams wised up & held off the D.K. hype too. 

Edited by Marc MacGyver