Official NFL Draft (Gameday?) Thread [Will Update UDFA in OP When Available]

steelcurtain29

This thread will open up at midnight on Thursday. We'll leave this for all discussion during the actual draft itself.

Please keep ALL NFL DRAFT DISCUSSION during the time of the Draft in this thread. 

You may continue to use the other thread for the time being. That will lock at 11:59 PM (EST) tonight.

My 1st round kind of prediction....

I think I made this one about 2 months ago but I will stick with it.  If Devin Bush falls past the Bengals at 11 the Steelers will try to  move up to get him.  The obvious target is Washington at 15 because Carolina at 16 needs a LB.

Virtually every mock I’ve seen in the past 24 hours has us taking Rock Ya-Sin and most of them have us passing on Ferrell to do so. 

I guess it eases the pain that it coincides with the rest of the draft community jumping him over Greedy/Murphy/Baker though, so it won’t be a “whoa the Steelers just took a 3rd round player at #20” moment like with Burns and Edmunds.

For anyone that knows more about Rock, is he actually a good cover corner or do people just love him because he’s a cornerback that lays the wood?

One more thing...

I say this every year at the draft when people get their panties in a bunch for the picks.  There is perceived value that the mock drafters and amateur draft-niks give players before the draft.  The actual value of the picks are set at the draft.  No one remembers where the draft-niks predicted a players value.  Everyone always remember where they were picked.  Just accept each pick as it is and hope for the best.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Virtually every mock I’ve seen in the past 24 hours has us taking Rock Ya-Sin and most of them have us passing on Ferrell to do so. 

I guess it eases the pain that it coincides with the rest of the draft community jumping him over Greedy/Murphy/Baker though, so it won’t be a “whoa the Steelers just took a 3rd round player at #20” moment like with Burns and Edmunds.

For anyone that knows more about Rock, is he actually a good cover corner or do people just love him because he’s a cornerback that lays the wood?

I like Ya-Sin.  I think I was the one that brought him to the attention of the board.  I am not sure he is worth a 1st round pick only because of his speed.  He has top flight ball skills but is a bit raw.

Let me add that all of the CBs considered possible 1st round picks have flaws.  There is no sure thing at CB and I would be happy with any of them in the 2nd round :-)

Edited by jebrick

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

JJ Arcega Whiteside or Miles Boykin? And are either of them worth our second?

Again, you are going to get MHO ( and I am a opinionated <insert expletive> ) but yes to Whiteside and no to Boykin.  Boykin is very much like Bryant in that he is very athletic and raw.  He also did not show the athleticism on tape which makes me nervous that he is a workout warrior.  Late 3rd is a good place for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

Again, you are going to get MHO ( and I am a opinionated <insert expletive> ) but yes to Whiteside and no to Boykin.  Boykin is very much like Bryant in that he is very athletic and raw.  He also did not show the athleticism on tape which makes me nervous that he is a workout warrior.  Late 3rd is a good place for him. 

This is kind of what I was thinking. Whiteside looks the part on film. Looked fairly fast for a big dude, caught a bunch of TDs, good contested catch guy. Then he showed out at his pro-day. I like him. With Boykin, I wouldn't be upset with taking him, but like you said, later in the draft.

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm pulling for Ferrell or one of the Corners(not named Rock Ya-Sin) in the 1st. I change my mind so much when it comes to prospects. I used to dislike all the 1st round corners. Now I could get behind Baker, Greedy, or Murphy. I don't like Murphy as much, though. 

I like Ferrell...think I might have been the 1st on here to mention him as a dark horse for the Steelers 1st rd pick about 2 months ago.