Official NFL Draft (Gameday?) Thread [Will Update UDFA in OP When Available]

steelcurtain29

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

You have a guess on who? I suppose I should ask what round you expect the TE to go?

Ill say Sternberger in rd 2 or if by some miracle Hockenson fell a bit and they moved up for him. Early rd 3 pick I’ll guess Warring from SDSU or Moreau.

Steelers can’t resist Offense despite defensive needs...they didn’t bring in several TEs for visits and even Colbert’s pro day visits match up...Sternberger included. Plus they had Mark Bruener runs few through their workouts and drills.

Jesse Janes saw literally 50% of offensive snaps last year...that’s over 500 snaps...TE is the most immediate need on offense

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

8 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Ill say Sternberger in rd 2 or if by some miracle Hockenson fell a bit and they moved up for him. Early rd 3 pick I’ll guess Warring from SDSU or Moreau.

Steelers can’t resist Offense despite defensive needs...they didn’t bring in several TEs for visits and even Colbert’s pro day visits match up...Sternberger included. Plus they had Mark Bruener runs few through their workouts and drills.

Jesse Janes saw literally 50% of offensive snaps last year...that’s over 500 snaps...TE is the most immediate need on offense

I agree completely. I was just curious. 

I love Moreau with the later 3rd. I think Hock may be the dude I'm most willing to trade up for honestly. I think he's an offense changer. Imagine running the 12 with Vance and Hock...dirty. We'd be able to pound the run game a little more too. 

I'm starting to buy some of the PFF analytics stuff a little more. That's why I changed my tune on the CB position. I think QBs are getting the ball out faster and faster, which leaves almost no time for edge guys to get to them. This puts the onus on sticky corners that can stay with a guy and interior pressure. We're good on interior pressure, not so much on twitchy corners. I like Greedy. He can mirror WRs well and can catch the ball when it comes to him. I think he could really help the defense. Let him work in subpackages, kicking Nelson inside. Then Greedy can take over for Haden when his tires fall off.

Edited by MOSteelers56

I'd love it if Hakeem Butler fell to our early 3rd and we snagged Foster Moreau or Warring with our later 3rd. That would reshape our offense for sure. I keep reading that the WR class might slip as a whole. I read over on NFL General Rumors thread that the only lock WR in the 1st is Hollywood.

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd love it if Hakeem Butler fell to our early 3rd and we snagged Foster Moreau or Warring with our later 3rd. That would reshape our offense for sure. I keep reading that the WR class might slip as a whole. I read over on NFL General Rumors thread that the only lock WR in the 1st is Hollywood.

Im not a big an of butler because he is not a natural pass catcher and i  want my wrs to be good at the top priority of their job, but in the 3rd the risk vs reward is better than most i can imagine being on  the board. If we land 2 defensive contributors in the top 2 rounds and then butler and warring in the 3rd to be added pieces on offense I would be a happy man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

You have a guess on who? I suppose I should ask what round you expect the TE to go?

The issue with Sternberger is that he IS Vance McDonald... insofar as he is an average blocker and better receiver.  James was a better blocker and an average receiver.  I am not keen on McDonald and Sternberger being the top 2 TE.  Not to mention that Grimble isn't exactly a killer blocker either.

I think Warring could be good, but Moreau is the guy for me.  He is made to be a Steeler.  Also, Wesco, the TE at WVU is a later round guy to keep an eye on.

Also, I am def off the Boykin train.  Workout warrior with no production save one OK year.

Edited by kurgan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kurgan said:

The issue with Sternberger is that he IS Vance McDonald... insofar as he is an average blocker and better receiver.  James was a better blocker and an average receiver.  I am not keen on McDonald and Sternberger being the top 2 TE.  Not to mention that Grimble isn't exactly a killer blocker either.

I think Warring could be good, but Moreau is the guy for me.  He is made to be a Steeler.  Also, Wesco, the TE at WVU is a later round guy to keep an eye on.

Also, I am def off the Boykin train.  Workout warrior with no production save one OK year.

I think Vance is a better blocker than you're making him out to be. We just used him more as a receiver because James was our #2 and he wasn't the most dangerous pass catcher. I'd be happy with two Vances.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

think Vance is a better blocker than you're making him out to be. We just used him more as a receiver because James was our #2 and he wasn't the most dangerous pass catcher. I'd be happy with two Vances.

Fair enough.  I just love the vision of having an old school slobbery TE that can knock your D*** in the dirt.

All of the top CBs in this draft have flaws.  I am not really happy with any of them at 20 but I would accept it.  If all teams took BPAs at their slots ( rather than a need), there might be 1 CB taken in the 1st round. 

That being said, Ya-Sin has very good ball skills especially with the ball in the air.  He does not have long speed but rarely gave up a big play.  Has some issues with zone coverage.

Again, I could break down all of the top corners and pick on their skills or lack of speed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jebrick said:

All of the top CBs in this draft have flaws.  I am not really happy with any of them at 20 but I would accept it.  If all teams took BPAs at their slots ( rather than a need), there might be 1 CB taken in the 1st round. 

That being said, Ya-Sin has very good ball skills especially with the ball in the air.  He does not have long speed but rarely gave up a big play.  Has some issues with zone coverage.

Again, I could break down all of the top corners and pick on their skills or lack of speed.

What is your opinion on Greedy? Tackling is his major weakness?

Williams played with a shoulder injury all this season which MIGHT account for his lack of effort.  For those of you that do not watch game films, Greedy Williams made Deon Sanders look like a good tackler.  But he has never wanted to help in the run game.  If he did have Prime Time's coverage skills it would I would not worry, but he does not.