Official NFL Draft (Gameday?) Thread [Will Update UDFA in OP When Available]

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

NIU fan here. Sutton Smith is a baller. Kid came to northern because we were the only school to offer him a spot as a RB, then during practice he fumbled and destroyed the dude that recovered the ball, and since then he's been a defensive stud for us. 2 time MAC DPOY, came out as a junior because there really isn't anything else for him to do in college, his stock likely wasn't getting any higher. 

his weaknesses are he's a bit of a tweener . . . he's only 6'0'' 230 with shorter arms. Can he stick at OLB? there was some talk that maybe he moves to a S/LB hybrid role in the league. Because of that, i thought he might drop towards the end of the draft more, even be a priority UDFA. Either way, the guy is relentless and has the ability to finish. Worst case scenario, you guys got yourselves a helluva ST player

I would expect some play on passing downs and blitz schemes. With Smith, Bush and Baron, the blitzing could become extensive especially since there are better CB's on the roster now too:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I mean if dude's strong maybe he can play the nose. It'd just be weird seeing a non pass rushing interior linemen that doesn't weigh 300lbs.

He's listed at 306lbs. Basically same size as Hargrave. But I agree, a NT should be bigger. I play him in an even front. 

• Like 1