Official NFL Draft (Gameday?) Thread [Will Update UDFA in OP When Available]

steelcurtain29

15 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I've been told that the 2 guys we're desperately trying to move up for right now are Josh Allen and Devin White.

Droooooooools. It would be one of hell of a trade if they could somehow pull that off but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I wish the Steelers could have gotten a second from the Raiders which would really help them move up but I'm just glad they were able to finally rid the team of that clown.

Just now, Livewire said:

Droooooooools. It would be one of hell of a trade if they could somehow pull that off but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I wish the Steelers could have gotten a second from the Raiders which would really help them move up but I'm just glad they were able to finally rid the team of that clown.

The 66th pick is basically a 2nd. I’ll trade our own 2nd and our 3rd or even 4th is we can get a top 5 talent tonight. Just not down for giving up next years #1....but again I don’t think Colbert would do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waffles7 said:

The 66th pick is basically a 2nd. I’ll trade our own 2nd and our 3rd or even 4th is we can get a top 5 talent tonight. Just not down for giving up next years #1....but again I don’t think Colbert would do that.

I'm wondering if they will trade next year's first since I believe the Steelers will have a lot of cap room thus going after some FAs instead of stocking through the draft? They should get a third for the Jets signing Bell. Someone who knows the Steelers cap space would know more about how much they potentially have next season than I do but it's an interesting idea.

14 minutes ago, Livewire said:

I'm wondering if they will trade next year's first since I believe the Steelers will have a lot of cap room thus going after some FAs instead of stocking through the draft? They should get a third for the Jets signing Bell. Someone who knows the Steelers cap space would know more about how much they potentially have next season than I do but it's an interesting idea.

They’re going to be ok cap wise...it’s contingent on if guys like Nelson-Barron-Chickillo are retained next year...those 3 combine to count $25 mill or so against cap next year...add Moncrief and it’s about $30 million.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan
  • Like 1