Beast Mode retires...again

NJ Raider

Always assumed he would retire and he was out here trying to get high during the last game in Oakland last year lol. I think it’s for the best for the team that he did. 

He was always fun to watch the run against the Saints will forever be remembered took the soul of the Saints that game. 

10 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Teams already knew that

I do not think RB is that big of a need.  Crowell, Ricard, Warren, and drafting a mid to late pick like Alex Barnes and we are set.  We should be able to get what we need in the 5th or later.

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not think RB is that big of a need.  Crowell, Ricard, Warren, and drafting a mid to late pick like Alex Barnes and we are set.  We should be able to get what we need in the 5th or later.

You have a loose definition of being all set. Crowell is below average. Warren is the latest pre-season hype machine who probably won't amount to much. Richard is a COP back with some receiving skills. RB has been a need position for years if we're being honest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You have a loose definition of being all set. Crowell is below average. Warren is the latest pre-season hype machine who probably won't amount to much. Richard is a COP back with some receiving skills. RB has been a need position for years if we're being honest. 

You and I have been around here long enough to see this constantly. Warren? How many times do we need to see that a preseason warrior doesn't mean anything? He is an ordinary back at very best. When will people learn?

43 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

You and I have been around here long enough to see this constantly. Warren? How many times do we need to see that a preseason warrior doesn't mean anything? He is an ordinary back at very best. When will people learn?

I was not saying Warren is our starting 3 down back and yes I have been around long enough to watch people hype up pre-season stud RBs.  If you notice I put him 3rd and also believe a 5th round pick would beat him out for the 3rd spot especially if we draft Barnes who I believe could be the short yardage back for a year and then become our starting RB after that.  Although our rush game was not great last year it was not our issue.  Also TE is a much bigger issue.  It would be similar to our RB group if we had not signed Crowell and Ricard was not as good.  Last year everything feel apart and the run game got stalled all the time because of that.  If he stays healthy and we can improve on offense Crowell can be a 1000 yard rusher.  There are not any top RBs this year but that does not mean a pro bowler will not arise from this group.  Just saying there are not any that you can point out with any certainty.  There are a lot of middle round guys that could be good and great if they are lucky.  That means almost all of these backs are going to look like garbage on this team if we do not fix the team around them first.

• Like 1