2019 NFL Draft thread

bucsfan333

6 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

You think this team is ready to win the Super Bowl right now? 

IMO There’s only about 5 teams in the league I believe can win the Super Bowl “right now”(2019 season)

It doesn’t really matter what I think though. A 66 year old bruce arians did not come out of retirement to do a rebuild. He thinks they can win right now. Drafting a QB in the first round signifies you’re blowing it up and starting over.

39 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

IMO There’s only about 5 teams in the league I believe can win the Super Bowl “right now”(2019 season)

It doesn’t really matter what I think though. A 66 year old bruce arians did not come out of retirement to do a rebuild. He thinks they can win right now. Drafting a QB in the first round signifies you’re blowing it up and starting over.

You consider drafting a QB in the first round means going to a complete rebuild? 

1. You may be one of the few that thinks that. 

2. Plenty of 2nd year QB's have gone deep in the playoffs. 

3. BA was certainly not brought in to "win now". This team is FAR away from being a playoff contender. Especially, with Jameis at QB. The sooner the brass realizes that, the better for the team going forward. 

8 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

You consider drafting a QB in the first round means going to a complete rebuild? 

1. You may be one of the few that thinks that. 

2. Plenty of 2nd year QB's have gone deep in the playoffs. 

3. BA was certainly not brought in to "win now". This team is FAR away from being a playoff contender. Especially, with Jameis at QB. The sooner the brass realizes that, the better for the team going forward. 

1.)Yeah when you draft a Qb number one you’re blowing it up because barring extreme circumstances(you have a legend/veteren starter in front of him) it means he’s starting and rookie QBs/young QBs don’t win crap. The final four had one first year starter who had a once in a lifetime season, a 4th year starter and 2 GOATS. 

2.) https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/bruce-arians-expects-to-win-quickly-im-not-about-rebuilding/amp/

3.)If If wasn’t “win now”, why do you bring in a 66 year old head coach out of retirement? Why is JL still the Gm and jameis on a 20 million dollar a year salary? All their moves have indicated that this is not a rebuild. 

4.)Every year 5 new teams make the playoffs. No team is “far” from a playoff contender in a salary cap/free agent league. Remember most of the most Bucs losses the last two seasons have been one possession games. It’s not like this team is getting blown out every week. And they have a top ten offense

I think bruce looked at this team. Loved the offensive personal and said if I can get the defense to just mediocrity I can make a run

• Like 3

I would love to think BA comes in and flips this team around, I mean of course the HC is going to come in and say "we're ready to win now"... I get it, from the idealists.

But unfortunately every ranking of NFL teams for next year has the Bucs bottom 5. Including Vegas having us at 100-1 odds. 

The defense on paper improved with just Devin White, but everything else is still very questionable. And Jameis obviously still has a lot to prove. 

The Bucs have looked good on paper for years now, and we just keep changing coaching staffs thinking it will all turn around THIS TIME. I just won't be a believer until I see it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

I would love to think BA comes in and flips this team around, I mean of course the HC is going to come in and say "we're ready to win now"... I get it, from the idealists.

But unfortunately every ranking of NFL teams for next year has the Bucs bottom 5. Including Vegas having us at 100-1 odds. 

The defense on paper improved with just Devin White, but everything else is still very questionable. And Jameis obviously still has a lot to prove. 

The Bucs have looked good on paper for years now, and we just keep changing coaching staffs thinking it will all turn around THIS TIME. I just won't be a believer until I see it. 

I mean... Did anybody see the eagles making a super bowl run prior to the 2017 season? What about the panthers in 2015 or the falcons in 2016? Or the Jags in 2017 getting within minutes of the Super Bow? It can happen. Forget super bowl we are just talking about playoffs. 

The Bucs have looked good on paper but the difference is this is the first time they’ve actually had a real head coach. Dirk Keotter went 9-7 with Jameis Winston, why can’t bruce arians?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

I mean... Did anybody see the eagles making a super bowl run prior to the 2017 season? What about the panthers in 2015 or the falcons in 2016? Or the Jags in 2017 getting within minutes of the Super Bow? It can happen. Forget super bowl we are just talking about playoffs. 

The Bucs have looked good on paper but the difference is this is the first time they’ve actually had a real head coach. Dirk Keotter went 9-7 with Jameis Winston, why can’t bruce arians?

I think BA should get coach of the year if they make the playoffs with Winston at QB.

12 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I think BA should get coach of the year if they make the playoffs with Winston at QB.

Dirk Koetter when 9-7 with Winston why are you acting like it would be impossible for Bruce Arians to do it?