2019 NFL Draft thread

bucsfan333

My pet peeve is when the pick is tipped before it's announced. I've never really watched NFLN's coverage, but ESPN was infamous for it. Then, a few years ago, they said that they wouldn't do it anymore. And guess what. THEY STILL DO IT. It's little less brazen now, but they get their "scoops" in. I'm on Roku now so NFLN isn't an option. What I've taken to doing in recent years is muting the TV until his highness is at the podium. Then it's mute city until he crawls back out. My wife likes football and watches the draft with me, and I'm sure she got tired of me screaming at the TV all night. One year, I said "F" it, went to the other room and followed the draft online. No commentary. No superfluous BS. Just the picks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gruber74 said:

My pet peeve is when the pick is tipped before it's announced. I've never really watched NFLN's coverage, but ESPN was infamous for it. Then, a few years ago, they said that they wouldn't do it anymore. And guess what. THEY STILL DO IT. It's little less brazen now, but they get their "scoops" in. I'm on Roku now so NFLN isn't an option. What I've taken to doing in recent years is muting the TV until his highness is at the podium. Then it's mute city until he crawls back out. My wife likes football and watches the draft with me, and I'm sure she got tired of me screaming at the TV all night. One year, I said "F" it, went to the other room and followed the draft online. No commentary. No superfluous BS. Just the picks.

Yeah. It got bad everywhere for a while. I remember guys on every network throwing out variations of, "Don't be surprised if it's [player]." At the last second, like they just thought of it. And it would be someone nobody expected because they were told before it was announced. For like every pick 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deuces22wild said:

Haha ya I got. I meant run to the fridge. Tonight has to make it a decade running all the networks break to commercial when the Bucs are on the clock.

They'll go to commercial as soon as we're on the clock anyway. So we'll all have time.