Back by popular demand...

kurgan

For the past two years, I have done this much requested series of 'silly' drafts.  Drafts that are not supposed to be serious, but also to have a bit of fun with.  These four drafts I have presented below are :

1. "All-In" aka Mike Ditka's 1999 draft-Offense
  2. "All-In" aka Mike Ditka's 1999 draft-Defense
  3. "Greatest Show on Turf" ALL Offense draft
  4. "Steel Curtain" ALL Defense draft

Alright, lads... let's have some fun!!

"All In" Offense Draft

**Pittsburgh trades 1.20, 2.52, 3.66, 4.122 and 6.175 for Detroit 1.8 (1400=1400)

1.8- Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson

Perfect mix of old school TE and new wave TE phenom.  Can take all of Jesse James's reps at the blocking TE, and be a 3rd down WEAPON for Ben.  Changes the offense the way a good WR would, but adds the dimension of superior blocking.

**Pittsburgh trades 3.83+5.141+6.192+6.207+7.219 to Tampa Bay for 3.70 (240X237)

3.70-UMass WR Andy Isabella

Add the speed and underneath talents of Isabella to work off of Juju, Washington, and Hock.  Makes the offense so dynamic.

"All In" Defensive Draft

**Pittsburgh trades 1.20+2.52+3.66+3.83+5.141 to Tampa Bay for 1.5  (1700=1700)

1.5--LSU ILB Devin White

The dude.  Mainstay in the middle for 10+ years.  All of the best talents of old school Mike backers and new school athleticism.  True difference maker

**Pittsburgh trades 4.122+all 6's and 7's to New England for 3.101 (96=96)

3.101--Alabama CB Savion Smith

New body at DB that we know as we went to the Pro Day.  Needs a lot of work, but can make it happen on the back end.

"Greatest Show on Turf" ALL OFFENSIVE DRAFT

1.20--DK Metcalf, WR Ole Miss

Physical freak that can, AT LEAST, line up at X and run go routes until the cows come home.  Might have the ability at some point to do more, but as long as he takes a safety and CB with him as Juju, Washington, Switz and the boys run underneath stuff, we will be fine.

2.52--Jace Sternberger, TE Texas A+M

New age flex TE.  Not the best blocker, but a guy that will grind and get up the seams and make tough catches.  Went from a walkon to one of the best TEs in the nation.

3.66--Darrell Henderson, RB Memphis

A guy that can come be the perfect #3 back for us with the chance to be even more.  Homerun threat that can also catch the ball out of the backfield, a high milage guy that may not have long in the league, but as a tandem, can cause some damage.

3.83--Conner McGovern, OG Penn State

Big, strong road grader that can be the long term Foster replacement.  Versitle inside, just needs some pass pro work to really be a difference maker.

4.122--Hunter Renfrow, WR Clemson

The diametrically opposed being to Metcalf.  Renfrow is a underneath combat catcher who has 100% hands and bulldog toughness.  A better Switzer, if you will.  COmplex route runner and just makes big plays.

5.141--Oli Udoh, OT Elon

Big time tackle who needs a finishing class on how to be a pro.  All of the measurables, just terrible comp level.  Standout at Shrine Bowl, dude has the raw toolbox, just needs work and development time.

6.175--Cole Tracey, K LSU

Yes, Kickers are offensive players.  Who knows if Boswell is fixed??  Get the best kicker.  At least, the best kicker that has been challenged on the big stage.  Great story to boot.

6.192--Tommy Sweeney, TE Boston College

With getting Sternberger in the second, need a blocking TE and red zone guy.  Come on down... I've got about 300 snaps for you!!!

6.207--Kyle Shurmer, QB Vandy

OK, gotta get a QB here.  As much as we don't need one, I am not taking a 3rd WR.  Shurmer can push the young kids and then transition to coaching.

7.219--Andrew Beck, TE/FB Texas

Yes, rest for Rosie.This dude is an old school mauler, and can add some Hback stuff and lead blocking.  Throwback to the 1970's.

My fave... 'Steel Curtain' ALL DEFENSE!!!

1.20--Greedy Williams, CB LSU

Concensus #1 Man Corner.  Get him, put him on an island, leave him for 10 years.  I will fix the tackling issues later.

2.52--Christian Miller, Edge Alabama

Gotta get him in here once.  Young pup with limited snaps that is raw as hell.  Great at getting to the QB, needs work on the run aspects.

3.66--Blake Cashman, ILB Minnesota

Combine star.  SPARq champ who gets in the gap and gets guys on the ground.  Can cover and needs coached up, but a real talent.

3.83--Renell Wrenn, 5 tech Arizona State

LIke his size, style and motor.  Huge body with great flexibility that can learn at the knee of Tuitt and Heyward, and take the job slowly over the years.

4.122--Amani Hooker, $BACKER, Iowa

SS that is made to move to the $ backer.  Strong and not fast, can take TE or sit in and blitz.  High football IQ.

5.141--Maxx Crosby, Edge Eastern Michigan

Take a year and teach him how to be a pro.  With these extra picks, take a guy to learn and play ST and be a force down the road.  Another measurable king who is super SPARqy and can be molded

6.175--Ugo Amadi, nickel Oregon

Slot corner to compete with Hilton.  Turnover machine who can make some things happen.  Not a dimebacker by any means, but more of a slot nickel.

6.192--Mitch Wishnowski, P Utah

Best punter in the draft.

6.207--BJ Blunt, DB McNeese State

I am not sure what position he plays, probably the dimebacker at first.  But, he is here because he is crazy, talented, loves the games, leads the warmup lines, is super coachable, will tackle everything and wants to play pros.  4 phase special teamer and whatever else you need.  Dude I want on my team.

7.219--Greg Gains, NG Washington

ANother 1970's throwback, dude is living in the wrong century.  Huge 2 gap NG that is a space eater and bully.

COnvos??  Thoughts??

1 hour ago, kurgan said:

"All In" Defensive Draft

**Pittsburgh trades 1.20+2.52+3.66+3.83+5.141 to Tampa Bay for 1.5  (1700=1700)

1.5--LSU ILB Devin White

The dude.  Mainstay in the middle for 10+ years.  All of the best talents of old school Mike backers and new school athleticism.  True difference maker

**Pittsburgh trades 4.122+all 6's and 7's to New England for 3.101 (96=96)

3.101--Alabama CB Savion Smith

New body at DB that we know as we went to the Pro Day.  Needs a lot of work, but can make it happen on the back end.

If i am going all in to get to 5,  I am looking at Oliver or Allen.  i do not love White that much :-)

May i suggest Nik Needham, CB, Texas-El Paso over BJ Blunt.  Watch some Needham.  He is pretty amazing in coverage.  He is my late round man-crush

1 minute ago, jebrick said:

If i am going all in to get to 5,  I am looking at Oliver or Allen.  i do not love White that much :-)

Interesting... I see Allen, but Oliver I do not get.  Just my opinion, but round peg/square hole for me at first blush.  Of course, I got in on Ferrell late as well.

Archived