Jump to content
cjfollett

Who's your Top 5 for 4 rounds?

Recommended Posts

Something a little different... List 5 guys for every Steelers pick in the first 4 rounds who would realistically be there that you would take. The premise is that if none of these guys is there, you trade down. You can do more rounds if you want, but I think even after 3 rounds it is a complete crap shoot. 

1.20: 

Devin Bush

Byron Murphy

N'Keal Harry

Clelin Ferrell

Brian Burns

 

2.52:

Taylor Rapp

Darnell Savage

Mack Wilson

Rock Ya-Sin

Irv Smith

 

3.66:

Trayvon Mullen

Jace Sternberger

Terry McLaurin

Jachai Polite

Zach Allen

 

3.83:

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Ben Banogu

David Long

Riley Ridley

Isaiah Johnson

 

4.122:

Justice Hill

Jakobi Meyers

Miles Boykin

Joe Giles-Harris

Alize Mack

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

1.20

Clelin Ferrell

Devin Bush Jr.

T.J. Hockenson

Greedy Williams

Deandre Baker

2.52: - I have so many in the 2nd it is hard to keep to 5

Talyor Rapp

Rock Ya-Sin

Deebo Samuel

Chase Winovich

A.J. Brown

3.66:

Trayvon Mullen

Sean Bunting

Jace Sternberger

Blake Cashman

Mack Wilson

3.83:

Parris Campbell

Mecole Hardman

Jachai Polite

Dawson Knox

Miles Boykin

4.122:

D'Andre Walker

David Sills V

Jimmy Moreland

Mike Weber

Josh Oliver

 

The picks do depend on who was picked earlier.  Only need one Te and EDGE

 

 

 

Edited by jebrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a little tough b/c the next rounds would depend on who was there first, etc.  These are in order, BTW.

1.20:

Clelin Ferrell

Brian Burns

DeAndre Baker

Greedy Williams

 

2.52:

Rock Ya-Sin

Darnell Savage

Taylor Rapp

Amani Oruwariye

Julian Love

 

3.66:

Mack Wilson

Sean Bunting

Blake Cashman

Amani Hooker

Christian Miller

 

3.83:

Mecole Hardman

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Foster Moreau

Miles Boykin

David Sills V

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, what makes this difficult is that later rounds might change based on who you took in a previous round. Still, I'm just looking to see who people think might be there in a given round, and who'd they take based on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjfollett said:

Something a little different... List 5 guys for every Steelers pick in the first 4 rounds who would realistically be there that you would take. The premise is that if none of these guys is there, you trade down. You can do more rounds if you want, but I think even after 3 rounds it is a complete crap shoot. 

1.20: 

Devin Bush

Byron Murphy

N'Keal Harry

Clelin Ferrell

Brian Burns

 

2.52:

Taylor Rapp

Darnell Savage

Mack Wilson

Rock Ya-Sin

Irv Smith

 

3.66:

Trayvon Mullen

Jace Sternberger

Terry McLaurin

Jachai Polite

Zach Allen

 

3.83:

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

Ben Banogu

David Long

Riley Ridley

Isaiah Johnson

 

4.122:

Justice Hill

Jakobi Meyers

Miles Boykin

Joe Giles-Harris

Alize Mack

 

 

 

I’d go

1 Harry by default other will be long gone 

2 Wilson others will be gone

3  Ben banogu

3 Isaiah Johnson

4 Miles Boykin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No order and I think we need to trade down 

Round 1 

Savage  FS Harry WR  Dexter Lawrence NT  bradberry G/C Cody Ford G/t

Move down Chase Winovich 

Round 2 

Banogu Edge Juan Thornhill FS/CB Germaine Pratt LB Miles Boykin WR Sean Bunting CB 

Move up Chase winovich 

 Round 3 

A.  Christian Miller Edge Germaine Pratt LB Miles Boykin WR  Blake cashman LB Miles sander RB

B  Gary Jennings WR  Marquise Blair FS Dawson Knox TE  Nate Davis G/T  Khalen Saunders NT 

Round 4 

 Bobby Evans OT Justin Hollins Edge ronheen Bigham Edge David long Jr LB 

Traveyon Williams RB 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Murphy, Greedy, Baker, Ferrell, Burns

2) Adderley, Rock Ya-Sin, Thompson, Ridley, Deebo

3a) Walker, Winovich, Sternberger, Mullen, Campbell

3b) Cashman, Bobby Evans, Kahale Warring, Dax Raymond, Alex Barrs

4) OX, Egbule (underrated), Moreland (underrated), Amandi, Ozigbo, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Egbule and Moreland will be in the 4th if we miss on the corners I love Moreland here him and bunting have no cons in their games really just the comp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Ferrell, Burns, Sweat, Bush, (reach--AJ Brown)

2. Adderley, Rapp, Rock Ya-Sin, Campbell, Tillery

3a. Hakeem Butler, Joejuan Williams, Trayvon Mullen, David Montgomery, Deionte Thompson

3b.  Germaine Pratt, Joe Jackson, Terry McLaurin, Oshane Ximines, JJ Arcega-Whiteside

4. Ta'amu, Dawson Knox, Josh Oliver, Bobby Evans, Khalen Saunders (I am going to cheat and add a guy who is likely more 5th, than 4th, but I think someone Babs him before Rd 5... I hope the Steelers make the pick...Bobby Okereke-- our sideline-to-sideline ILB...6'1", 239, 4.5 40...)

As others have mentioned, who gets picked in the 1st/2nd, will greatly impact the selections in 3rd-4th Rd...

...they could go 'defense-heavy' , and go:

Ferrell - Tillery - Mullen - Pratt - Saunders

...or...

Sweat - Adderley - Joejuan Williams - Joe Jackson (Sweat ❤️ insurance) - Okereke

...or, mix it up...

Bush - Ya-Sin - Thompson - Mclauren - Knox

...or...

Burns - Rapp - Butler - OX - Warring

.... or, go 'offense-heavy', with ...

AJ Brown - Campbell - Montgomery - Evans (a round early) - Ta'amu

 

I would be fine with any of those scenarios...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Craigjo21 said:

Egbule and Moreland will be in the 4th if we miss on the corners I love Moreland here him and bunting have no cons in their games really just the comp

There are several late round CBs that I love.  Mooreland,  Stephen Denmark and Nik Needham are three I would love to have late.

Edited by jebrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.20 

 

Brian Burns

Rashan Gary

Noah Fant

Andre Dillard

 

 

2.52

David Montgomery

Jaylon Ferguson

Deebo Samuel

N'Keal Harry

 

3.66

Andy Isabella

Sean Bunting

Justin Layne

Darrell Henderson

 

3.83

Germaine Pratt

Dillon Mitchell

Blake Cashman

Khalen Saunders

 

4th round

Blake Cashman

Isaiah Johnson

Connor McGovern

Phil Haynes

Hjalte Froholdt

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here's a rule. Never draft a defensive lineman when all of the rest of his defensive lineman also go in the 1st round. It clouds judgment. You couldn't possibly discern who creates the biggest impact and who's force is the one that is causing the disruption. It's a case of strength in numbers. When that translates to the NFL only the one or two has the ability to stand alone.

No idea where this Clelin Ferrell talk starting coming from but the sheep are out in full force. He's not even a scheme fit. Like Miami. Minnesota. These are the kinds of defenses where his skillset might work

Edited by Money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Money said:

Here's a rule. Never draft a defensive lineman when all of the rest of his defensive lineman also go in the 1st round. It clouds judgment. You couldn't possibly discern who creates the biggest impact and who's force is the one that is causing the disruption. It's a case of strength in numbers. When that translates to the NFL only the one or two has the ability to stand alone.

No idea where this Clelin Ferrell talk starting coming from but the sheep are out in full force. He's not even a scheme fit. Like Miami. Minnesota. These are the kinds of defenses where his skillset might work

Likely because, it's been noted, the Steelers only run out of their base defense about 20% of the time, and only have their OLBs drop in coverage at about the same rate.

Then, add in all of his intangibles, particularly, leadership. And he has individual recognition over the past couple of seasons.

So, if you dig below the surface, you would see that he's a good fit, and actually, was very similar in size to Dupree when he came out.

But, with news of the Steelers trying to move up, it doesn't appear that you, or any other Steelers fan, needs to worry much about Ferrell, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am basing this on who I think may be there

1. Byron Murphy

2. Darnell Savage

3. Blake Cashman

3. Ben banogu

4. Miles Boykin

Edited by wwhickok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×