Are You Smarter Than an NFL GM? 2019 Live Picks Thread!

y2lamanaki

7 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Didn't you trade a 5th and a sixth to the Bears since you still have three sixths.

Yep, but I accepted the Lions trade at pick 110. That trade was 4.117 and 6.186 for 4.111. So I picked at 4.117 and traded  that 6th (186) to move up. 

10 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Clelin Ferrell for you at 1.2. If you'd like to participate, I just need picks at 2.36, 3.67, 4.110, 5.148, 6.176, 6.183, and 6.198.

1.2 Clelin Ferrell  DE - Clemson

2.36 DK Metcalf  WR - Mississippi

3.67 Khalen Saunders  DT - Western Illinois 

4.110 Amani Oruwariye CB - Penn St. 

5.148 Ross Pierschbacher C - Alabama

6.176 Kaden Smith TE - Stanford (original)

6.183 Emeke Egbule LB - Houston

6.198 Tim Harris CB - Virginia (original)

thanks for the reminder y2

On 4/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, N4L said:

I will wait to see if Seattle trades down because I have a feeling we aren't getting brown

On 4/26/2019 at 4:36 PM, N4L said:

I am going to lock in AJ Brown into Seattle's next pick at 47 right now

I get that this was ambiguous, but In my eyes I picked up #77 and moved down to #47 and took AJ Brown. I also knew he would fall there as soon as we didnt draft him. I was hoping he would fall to the third in real life lol I locked in AJ brown like 10 spots before seattle picked, if you look at the time stamp. 

I was hoping that in the third round I could land Adderly or Thornhill. In the real draft I would have probably traded our fourth and our third to move up to get one of those guys once either one was drafted. Shame they had to go at 60 and 63 when we were picking at 67. I will certainly be looking to add a S later in the draft. 

Just for the sake of the game, I am going to choose a different WR named Miles Boykin at #67. He was only a one year starter, but he has a bigger frame than Hurds and I take that to mean he should be pretty durable, that is important to me in this draft. All three of my picks so far are guys that have been extremely durable. sometimes your greatest ability is availability. I am tired of drafting injured players, its literally been happening for almost 10 years lol

Boykin is a pretty good route runner and a hands catcher. He has the physical traits we havent had (size, length, leaping ability) and should be our best RZ threat the day he walks off the bus. At 6'4 220, he should be a good run blocker on the outside as well, which is important to me as a team that runs the outside stretch zone as our primary running play. They say he needs to get better at beating the jam

Next Pick #77 - Chauncy Gardner-Johnson 

Needed a FS who has starting potential. He has stuff he needs to clean up with reads and footwork but in time he can develop into an above average starter and is scheme versatile, meaning if saleh gets fired next year, I dont need to worry about how CGJ will fit into a new DCs plan. I like SEC players who start on good defenses for multiple years. He fits into the lockroom really well, I think. Another durable player with a thick frame who will undoubtedly get a second contract in the NFL. 

I DO accept the trade down with the bengals. I will stick with wishnowsky. We needed a punter and dont have a 5th round pick. so far I have done two three things I set out to do in this draft, get an edge rusher, get a RZ threat, get an all around WR with upside, get a FS with upside to develop. Hopefully when @y2lamanaki posts this in a few years he is one of the best punters in the NFL - a guy who has different ways to spin the ball based on where we are on the field. It would be nice to get a kicker who is phenomenal at pinning the other team at the 5 (by either having the ball land on the 3 and bounce straight up, or by having the ball roll out of bounds at the 1) especially since I am hopeful to have a good pass rush (in both real life and in this game). 

I am going to keep the trade up with Denver and get Joe Jackson

Jackson looks the part. He has the body of a starting NFL DE. I think he will be a pretty good rotational piece for me on the outside. I was looking to add another DE because josh allen will be my starting SAM and nickle pass rusher on the edge. Jackson can be a guy to develop who could be on the field in base downs and who I feel comfortable holding the edge in run support. I thought about adding polite in the third but decided against it. 

at #176 I will take Kaden Smith

Didnt see a reason to change this one. He is not a physical specimen and doesnt separate like Kyle usually looks for, but he doesnt need to separate because he is open even when he is covered. The guy has length and huge hands and knows how to go get the football. He is another redzone threat for us. should be a solid player.

At #183 I will take David Long

Seems like a similar player to what we have in Greenlaw. He is undersized, fast, and hits. Will be a good special team player for us right away and a guy who seems to play like Kwon does. The knock seems to be that he flies around too much and needs to do better at diagnosing etc. I feel like I can coach him up and hopefully this means the end of elijah lee, who is terrible. 

I really liked our Greenlaw pick, but for the sake of the game you gotta make some changes lol 

Lastly, I'll take Javon Patterson. I want someone to develop at C and I think he has starter potential at C. He moves pretty well and would do fine in a ZBS. I like that he was a big recruit out of HS. Worth the risk. I also want to mention here that I love Ross Reynolds the UDFA we signed as well

I was tempted to swap punters with the pats just for the sake of doing it and seeing what y2 had to say about how our decision shapes out between the two punters taken in the first 5 rounds. If y2 could still break it down for me, that would be cool! 

this was my first time being smarter than our GM. Interested to see how this fares when it comes out of the time capsule that y2 is going to bury in the front yard.

Edited by N4L

On 4/27/2019 at 4:39 PM, Gore Whore 21 said:

Nick Bosa
AJ Brown
Hakeem Butler
Mack Wilson
Joe Jackson
Saivion Smith
Terrill Hanks

I took Isaiah Buggs between Smith and Hanks there too. Missed that one.

Edited by Gore Whore 21

24 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I took Isaiah Buggs between Smith and Hanks there too. Missed that one.

Yup - I noticed that you were a player short so went back through and found him. Your actual class is in the first post of this thread.