Are You Smarter Than an NFL GM? 2019 Live Picks Thread!

y2lamanaki

This thread is ONLY for making live picks and trade attempts. Please leave discussion in this thread here: 

All other posts will be deleted. 

Here are rules for live picking - when the 49ers are on the clock, so are you. You can pick any available player in the draft from the moment the 49ers are on the clock, all the way up until the next pick after the 49ers is made. So - you have the ability to see what the 49ers actually did with the pick, and even remain "on the clock" all the way up until the next team announces their selection. This is just done so you can enjoy the draft experience of being "on the clock" and watching the 49ers pick without having to think about participating in a game in that moment. 

You can propose trades up the board. Say we get near the end of the first round and there's a guy you have to have but are worried he won't make it to #36 - propose a trade. I will take into account needs and value offered and play the role of the other GM. If I like the trade, I'll approve. If not, I may decline or propose a counter offer. You can then choose to accept or decline. 

New for This Year: This year I will also allow proposed trades down the board. However - there is one condition. That condition: the team after the 49ers select has to have been the team to trade down, and that exact trade needs to be your trade. For example: 

Let's say the 49ers select Bosa at #2. Then say the Jets then trade with the Bengals, and it looks something like this: 

Cincinatti trades #11, #42, and a 2020 1st to the Jets for #3. 

If you haven't made a pick, you can accept that exact trade and substitute the Jets pick for the 49ers. Why? Because if Cincinatti would give that up for #3, there's no way they wouldn't make the exact same trade for #2. 

However, I won't be keeping track of future year picks. So in this scenario, you're really trading #2 for #11 and #42. I can't complicate it too much. And it has to be the team RIGHT after. If we allow it to go too far down the board, then there's a whole lot of board rearranging. 

In the scenario presented, we will give the team that initially accepted the trade (in this case the Jets) the player the 49ers selected. So Cincinatti takes whomever they want at #2, the Jets are just given Nick Bosa. 

This is just an added wrinkle to the game - no need to trade down or up (nobody did last year). I just wanted it available to everyone as another option to liven things up and allow for other realistic scenarios. 

If you have questions, ask in the other thread. I'll lock this up until the draft begins. Best of luck, GMs!

Here are the drafts: 

Gore Whore 21

Nick Bosa
AJ Brown
Hakeem Butler*
Mack Wilson
Joe Jackson
Saivion Smith
Isaiah Buggs

Terrill Hanks

* = Not picked live

Aussie 9er

1.2 – Nick Bosa (Accepted trade for 2.37)
2.47 – Eric McCoy
3.67 – Julian Love
3.77 - Chauncey Gardner Johnson
4.110 – Mack Wilson
5.158 – Beau Benszchawel
6 – Kelvin Harmon
6 – Caleb Wilson
6 -

Aussie 9er accepted the trade offered to Seattle and traded 2.36 for 2.47 and 3.77.

Y2lamanaki

1.2 = Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio St. 
2.36 = AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss
3.67 = Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S, Florida
4.117 = Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
4.126 = Foster Moreau, TE, LSU
6.176 = Kris Boyd, CB, Texas
6.183 = Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico St. 
6.198 = Beau Benzschawel, G, Wisconsin

y2 accepted the trade offered to Detroit and traded 4.110 for 4.117 and 6.186. y2 also traded 5.148 and 6.186 for 4.126.

Forge

Rd 1 - Nick Bosa
Rd 2 - Deebo Samuel
Rd 3 - Julian Love
Rd 4 - Drue Tranquill
Rd 5- D'Andre Walker
Rd 6 - Mitch Hyatt
Rd 6 - Emanuel Hall
Rd 6 - Donald Parham

Justone2

1. 2 Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
2. 36 Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
3. 67 Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
4. 110 Hjalte Froholdt, OL, Arkansas
5. 148 Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA
6. 176 Ronheen Bingham, Edge, Arkansas State
6. 183 Malik Gant, S, Marshall
6. 198 Te'Von Coney, LB, Notre Dame

John232

RD 1: Bosa
RD 2: AJ Brown
RD 3: Chauncey Gardner Johnson
RD 4: IOL Dru Samia*
RD5: EDGELB D'Andre Walker
RD6: C - Lamont Gaillard
RD6: DL - Gerald Willis
RD6: TE - Thomas Sweeney

* = Not picked live

JILLG

Nick Bosa, DE Ohio State
A.J. Brown, WR Ole Miss
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S Florida
Amani Oruwariye, CB Penn State
Kelvin Harmon, WR NC State
Jaquon Johnson, S Miami
Kris Boyd, CB Texas
Penny Hart, WR Georgia State

Geek

Nick Bosa
Nasir Adderley
Hakeem Butler
Amani Oruwariye*
Kelvin Harmon, WR NC State

* = Not picked live

N4L

Josh Allen

48 1/2ers

Clelin Ferrell

J-ALL-DAY

Quinnen Williams
AJ Brown
Amani Hooker
Amani Oruwariye
Kelvin Harmon
CB Jordan Brown
Gerald Willis III
Te’veon Coney

Burlow

Nick Bosa
Greedy Williams
Miles Boykin

I came here to say I'd take whatever trade the Jets make and snag Josh Allen. 

So I'll still just say Allen for the sake of the game and make @y2lamanaki do a bunch of research and give me some data in like 3 years haha 

I still think Allen has more upside and would be a nice fit at SAM

Very happy with BOSA

Edited by N4L
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'm sticking with my board and saying Clelin Ferrell. But what are the trade down rules? cause I probably do that if i could stay in the top 8. 

Ferrell at #2? 

Trade down is only available if the 49ers or the team directly after them trade down.