2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread Part 2 - The Draft Begins!

y2lamanaki

So lynch pretty definitively shot down the Thomas rumors at the presser. No mention of Armstead, though. Will be pretty interesting if we actually trade Thomas now lol. 

Said that there were no real talks about potentially trading out - one call, no real interest, pretty much the end of it. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

From a talent perspective, I think Deebo is being slept on. Just those damn injuries

Always been a Deebo fan and would be ecstatic with AJ, Deebo or Butler at the top of round 2. Adderely sitting there is awfully tempting though and just seeing what’s available at the top of round 3

1 hour ago, John232 said:

Crazy *** draft. LJ Collier and Tytus Howard going in the first round LOL. (Though Howard will probably be fine because he's going to sit). 

Tytus has to start. They reached for him out of necessity. would make that pick even more of a headscratcher if he didnt

I'll bet 5 likes that we dont take AJ Brown when hes on the board tomorrow lol for no reason other than everyone loves him.

I do think he is an absolute perfect fit for our offense. I like his frame, he seems very durable. the way he gets in and out of breaks is amazing and I like the way he tracks the ball in the air. He can run routes on all three levels and has some really nice burst to him. 

He also seems like he is a good blocker downfield in the run game, which is important when you run the stretch run as often as we do. Sign me up!

After taking some time to consider it, I really admire what Gettleman is doing in New York. It takes some real guts to go with the old 'Trade your star receiver, reach majorly for a QB, and then surround him with a DT to get in his face and DB to pick him off in practice to wreck his confidence' strategy. 

I appreciate guys who have the guts to get after their vision. 

• Like 5

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

After taking some time to consider it, I really admire what Gettleman is doing in New York. It takes some real guts to go with the old 'Trade your star receiver, reach majorly for a QB, and then surround him with a DT to get in his face and DB to pick him off in practice to wreck his confidence' strategy. 

He's the epitome of that 'old school' football mindset. Not that its all about the Air Raid and young HCs fresh out of college either. But he's so stuck in 1990, its painful to watch. Heavily amusing....but its like watching a car wreck unfold at the same time. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Hopefully they wise up and replace him. I hear Trent Baalke is available.