2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread Part 2 - The Draft Begins!

y2lamanaki

Just now, oldman9er said:

Just get that sense that all goes downhill from 36... and by the end of the weekend, i forget we added a heck of a ER and solid WR. :/ 

We are going to get talent in the third and an offensive lineman at some point

8 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Can anybody tell me why he is suddenly better than Jimmie Ward coming out of college? Everything I read about Adderley seems to be the same or Jimmie was slightly better but now we all want to cut Ward and bring in Adderley. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Better as a player isn't really the issue. It's durability. You can't end 4 of your 5 seasons on IR and be comfortable with that. And he doesn't have a proven backup, so either way - a guy like Adderly or Thornhill would have been great. But both are off the board now, and I doubt we would have chosen them anyway. 

Tough spot in the draft, really. Justin Layne I like here. Connor McGovern on the interior. I think I'm leaning Jace Sternberger. Had CGJ as an early 3rd, so would be happy with that, too. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We are going to get talent in the third and an offensive lineman at some point

yep, IOL is higher on my needs list than most people have it. I still want to add a SAM as well... who is our starting SAM right now??