2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread Part 2 - The Draft Begins!

y2lamanaki

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think besides Nick Bosa, Jalen Hurd is my favorite player of the draft. I think he has a chance to become a star. Can't wait to watch this kid work with Kyle.

I’m inclined to agree with you. I love his size and RAC ability. 

On a side note; when was then last time we drafted a receiver over 6’2?

Edited by Gore Whore 21

11 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I’m inclined to agree with you. I love his size and RAC ability. 

On a side note; when was then last time we drafted a receiver over 6’2?

Smelter, though I suppose technically he was right at 6-2, as was Delanie, but I thought the "spirit" of what you were asking was met with Smelter in what they do and what they are capable of.  So if you want someone officially over the 6'2 spot, it would be marcus maxwell. 

The ringer NFL guys weren't huge fans of our draft. They are mainly curious as to what the roster building philosophy is, as like a lot of us, they were incredulous that we didn't really do a thing on the back end of the defense

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The ringer NFL guys weren't huge fans of our draft. They are mainly curious as to what the roster building philosophy is, as like a lot of us, they were incredulous that we didn't really do a thing on the back end of the defense

I'm pretty okay with AC/Ward getting another go at it, especially with a massively improved pass rush. If we get 2017 AC, this defense is pretty complete. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly watching the presser i can understand where they come from in that aspect. If you gonna draft someone he has to be better than what you have. At corner we have Spoon and Moore who are comparable to whatever we could have picked except at out 1st or 2nd pick and with those they went with other guys that will slot in as a starter from day one so can't complain. Just drafting a corner just because you need one. For the FS position i think we should have taken someone to at least battle with Colbert but i can see why they didn't draft one looking at who was available when we picked.

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Honestly watching the presser i can understand where they come from in that aspect. If you gonna draft someone he has to be better than what you have. At corner we have Spoon and Moore who are comparable to whatever we could have picked except at out 1st or 2nd pick and with those they went with other guys that will slot in as a starter from day one so can't complain. Just drafting a corner just because you need one. For the FS position i think we should have taken someone to at least battle with Colbert but i can see why they didn't draft one looking at who was available when we picked.

I think Greedy could have come in and started right away. I took A.J. Brown in the are you smarter than a GM because of positional need, but I had him and Greedy rated pretty similarly. 

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I think Greedy could have come in and started right away. I took A.J. Brown in the are you smarter than a GM because of positional need, but I had him and Greedy rated pretty similarly. 

Which is why i said except with our 1st or 2nd pick. And we went the same way you went just with another guy. For me Williams probably has a slightly higher rating than Samuel who i rated higher than Brown. 

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

That's a BIGif tho...

but who could we have picked where it was good value that has shown what AC did in 2017. I think AC is somewhere between 2017 and 2018 personally but seeing what he did in 2017 i want to give him another shot.

• Like 1