2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread Part 2 - The Draft Begins!

y2lamanaki

14 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yeah, I'm good with Deebo. Best possible option? eh, I doubt it.. but it's not a choice that would displease me. 

AJB is about as close to must at that spot as it gets... but damn.. Greedy? 

From a talent perspective, I think Deebo is being slept on. Just those damn injuries

19 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Yeah, I'm good with Deebo. Best possible option? eh, I doubt it.. but it's not a choice that would displease me. 

AJB is about as close to must at that spot as it gets... but damn.. Greedy? 

Greedy would be hard to pass up, but im a sucker and I would say that I am more concerned about our WR's than I am our CB's, easily debatable. But if I have AJ Brown sitting there, I cant get the pick in soon enough. I would like Boykin if I thought he would make it to the 3rd round pick, i dont see it. I see a second round run on Wr's and the 3rd round with some quality CB's/ Safety's still left on the table. I could be wrong....but I dont think i am.

I am also really pulling for Verrett staying healthy.....so I may be dumb

Arizona has a ton of options to start the second, with several guys that could fill needs. But can they seriously continued to ignore that offensive line? Greedy would make a ton of sense. A wide receiver. Tight end. There's nobody I love here for a 3-4 end spot or ilb, but pretty much everything else is in play

My BPA according to my big board is: 

1. DK Metcalf (7 overall)
  2. Jawaan Taylor (11)
  3. Nasir Adderley (12)
  4. AJ Brown (13)
  5. Amani Oruwariye (14)
  6. Dalton Risner (17)
  7. Greedy Williams (27)
  8. Anthony Nelson (29)
  9. Cody Ford (31)
  10. Byron Murphy (32)

The bolded have 1st round grades for me, so if we walk away with one of them I'm a very, very happy guy. 

I also wouldnt mind a trade down to the 40-50 range if we can get a haul of a 4th and a future 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

DK hast o go #33..right? Imagine if DK drops to us.....I wonder if Rapp is also going to go really high to the Colts. They really need a SS and he'd be sooo good with them. 

They really need to solve that offensive line. Like really bad. If they end up trading pp, greedy makes a ton of sense

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

i know it might not happen..but I still want DK. I love Brown though...but Dk..Hype machine would be crazy. 

I never thought he was our type of receiver just from a skill set standpoint anyway. Said it when he was balling out during the combine

Just now, Forge said:

They really need to solve that offensive line. Like really bad. If they end up trading pp, greedy makes a ton of sense

Yeah, I had them going Dillard in my mock. Even if Taylor is dead in the knee, they still could go Ford or Risner. 

Crazy *** draft. LJ Collier and Tytus Howard going in the first round LOL. (Though Howard will probably be fine because he's going to sit). 

Just now, John232 said:

i know it might not happen..but I still want DK. I love Brown though...but Dk..Hype machine would be crazy. 

Yeah, just thought I would provide that bit of information since it came from a reliable source (MM). I am not as down on Metcalf as most. I think he has a ways to go as far as learning how to play the position, but his ceiling is pretty crazy. 

Just now, Forge said:

I never thought he was our type of receiver just from a skill set standpoint. Said it when he was calling out during the combine

He 100% isn't. But I am 100% down for the meme magic that can happen. DK is literally adonis in pads. 

But yeah, he isn't really a scheme fit, but I do believe Kyle would make it work. The bigger issue isn't our scheme imo, he's not a match for Jimmy. 

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, I had them going Dillard in my mock. Even if Taylor is dead in the knee, they still could go Ford or Risner. 

Crazy *** draft. LJ Collier and Tytus Howard going in the first round LOL. (Though Howard will probably be fine because he's going to sit). 

I don't think Howard is going to sit, that's the problem lol. The Texans absolutely couldn't afford to not add to that oline during free agency and then top it off with a first round pick that needs to sit. 

If that's the case, we are going to get an injury report at some point this year that says, "Watson will miss the rest of the season because...oh, he dead"

Archived